This Little Girl Is Amazing. She Says It God Who Blessed Her.

I'm almost there, you reckon?

I’ve got news for you, Elmer Gantry. I’ve been "there" and “born-again” more times than you’ve had breakfasts. More times even than your shiftless soshallust Saviour free-loaded meals from famished peasants.

For example, every time I made an utter drop-kick outta myself on the booze, I’d cravenly regress to my childhood Christian inculcation and get bored-again, hoping that "He" would, as the A.A Steps insist, "save" me from my sinful addiction.

As usual, nothing happened because - it is patently apparent - G-e-e-zus is powerless over alcohol. Otherwise pseudo Christian A.A. would save far more than the 2-3 % of the drunks that they do.

Then I finally figured out that even a down-and-out drunk in the DT’s, like me, was/is a far better bloke than that murdering Bedouin bastard, that you worship, ever was/is.

And so, essentially to please a disapproving Christian society, I tapped into my supposedly non-existent alcoholic willpower and transubstantiated myself from being a naive drunk, who thought "decent" people's insides matched their outsides, into a nauseatingly decent but agnostic member of our compulsory Christian society.

Thanks to my own miraculous transcendental intercession, I haven’t had a drink or drug in 21 years come June 17th. PRAISE CHIPS!! GIVE CHIPS ANOTHER "CHIP!!"

Ya know, you’d show far more sense worshipping sacred Me, or My Good Shepherds, Sam and Lochie, than that Semitic sheepherder's deity that you cowardly kow-tow to. Each of us has more principles in our little pinkies than your demonic deity has in its whole body(ies) :razz:

Please don't take this reply as a bash, as it is not:

Your replies to my replies in seem to exude, in my opinion, "I'm a victim", "I'm a victim", "I'm a victim".....and are filled with blame, and not accountability for one's own decisions.

Don't you think our society is about filled the hilt with a "victimology" philosophy.

It seems that when we are in the throws of divorce, alcoholism, addictive drug dependency, Caffeine addiction..etc........it's always someone elses fault. It's as though someone ties us down and forces a bottle of Smirnoff's in our oral cavity, or a max dose of Xanax too?

Even in AA, they talk about that moment of "clarity" that is part and partial with true recovery from addiction of any kind. There comes a time when a person, has to move away from, "poor me", and just plain get mad at the causal of the suffering that they are enduring. Is it a blind-sided, out of right field, kind of tribulation or do they, the "victim" have responsibility in the matter?

In fact, Chip, much of what you have expressed very strongly, and emotionally would be looked at in a recovery or AA meeting as "denial". It would be the antithesis of "clarity" of mind, but of "escapism".

Blaming others or conditions of life on others, religion/Christianity, the system/government/leaders...etc. is plain, flat denial of culpability, or accountability.
I entered detox about 10 years ago, because of a prescription medication addiction. I was determined to shake-off this medication that had gotten a hold on me psychologically, and physically. I got "mad" inside. I exercised my will to fight it. That's the "clarity" thing. Also with clarity must come "transparency". If you aren't sure what that means, it basically means that you don't have anything to hide anymore. Your an open book. You aren't going to make excuses for your behaviour or hide your hideous little skeletons in a closet and try to project a smiley face to strangers and close friends. It means your tired of trying to "be" something instead of just "accepting" who you are at present.

I can still remember while in detox 600 miles away from my wife and three young sons. I told my wife on the telephone, "Honey, go tell anyone we know......Mom, Dad, my Christian church friends, neighbors......I just don't care anymore.........tell'em I'm in detox........not on a business trip, not on a vacation, not sick with a broken leg.......etc..". I just plain didn't care anymore. No more hiding for Eightballsidepocket behind a facade of blaming others for my "lot" in life, or the "lot" in life of my children and their decisions either. No blaming the fact that alcoholism ran rampant on both my mother's and father's side of the family.

I can't tell you what a relief it was to just be "transparent". I "beat" that addiction! In fact the doctors and nurses said that I had a determination in me that made it happen. I also attribute my determination to my Christian faith and relationship with God.

The famous Pauline verse, "When I am weak, He/God is strong.", resounded with such renewed meaning in my life after that experience.

From here on, Eightballsidepocket wasn't going to make excuses for his wrong choices. I wasn't going to worry about what others thought......I was just going to rest in my personal identity that made objective, and reasonable sense.
Anyway, your replies are very high-charged rants about Christian this, Elmer Gantry this.......etc.......

It's obviously a hot-button issue for you........
There's a notable radio talk show personality that often says the word, "victimology" to describe our current generation and culture. I can't begin to express how much I concur. A MacDonald's paper coffee cup fails and someone gets an "owwee!" from some scalding coffee, and out come the NY lawyers and the ACLU to help this poor victim of the corporate mongols of greed at MacDonald's.

Accidents happen, people make stupid decisions, yet life goes on........Every day is a new chance at trying something different.........going against the mundane grain of repetition of stupid, or ignorant decisions. Everyday is a chance to develop more character and become less of a "character".
Life doesn't have to be an endless repetition of watching Jeopardy and then Wheel of Fortune. We make life a "rut" or a group of "ruts". We are independent spirits.......made to utilize our independent wills..........Self-accountability, is part and partial with those independent wills.

Will I stay committed to a marriage so that the kids will have a secure, safe home, or will I take the self-indulgent route and give "me" first place and to-heck with those I've been given responsibility to raise?

We should do our best. Some folk's best is different from anothers. Some folk's best is half-hearted and denial is the only remedy to assuage the guilt.

I will not be a victim!...........What say you, Chip?

Please don't take this reply as a bash, as it is not:

Your replies to my replies in seem to exude, in my opinion, "I'm a victim", "I'm a victim", "I'm a victim".....and are filled with blame, and not accountability for one's own decisions.

Don't you think our society is about filled the hilt with a "victimology" philosophy.

It seems that when we are in the throws of divorce, alcoholism, addictive drug dependency, Caffeine addiction..etc........it's always someone elses fault. It's as though someone ties us down and forces a bottle of Smirnoff's in our oral cavity, or a max dose of Xanax too?

Even in AA, they talk about that moment of "clarity" that is part and partial with true recovery from addiction of any kind. There comes a time when a person, has to move away from, "poor me", and just plain get mad at the causal of the suffering that they are enduring. Is it a blind-sided, out of right field, kind of tribulation or do they, the "victim" have responsibility in the matter?

In fact, Chip, much of what you have expressed very strongly, and emotionally would be looked at in a recovery or AA meeting as "denial". It would be the antithesis of "clarity" of mind, but of "escapism".

Blaming others or conditions of life on others, religion/Christianity, the system/government/leaders...etc. is plain, flat denial of culpability, or accountability.
I entered detox about 10 years ago, because of a prescription medication addiction. I was determined to shake-off this medication that had gotten a hold on me psychologically, and physically. I got "mad" inside. I exercised my will to fight it. That's the "clarity" thing. Also with clarity must come "transparency". If you aren't sure what that means, it basically means that you don't have anything to hide anymore. Your an open book. You aren't going to make excuses for your behaviour or hide your hideous little skeletons in a closet and try to project a smiley face to strangers and close friends. It means your tired of trying to "be" something instead of just "accepting" who you are at present.

I can still remember while in detox 600 miles away from my wife and three young sons. I told my wife on the telephone, "Honey, go tell anyone we know......Mom, Dad, my Christian church friends, neighbors......I just don't care anymore.........tell'em I'm in detox........not on a business trip, not on a vacation, not sick with a broken leg.......etc..". I just plain didn't care anymore. No more hiding for Eightballsidepocket behind a facade of blaming others for my "lot" in life, or the "lot" in life of my children and their decisions either. No blaming the fact that alcoholism ran rampant on both my mother's and father's side of the family.

I can't tell you what a relief it was to just be "transparent". I "beat" that addiction! In fact the doctors and nurses said that I had a determination in me that made it happen. I also attribute my determination to my Christian faith and relationship with God.

The famous Pauline verse, "When I am weak, He/God is strong.", resounded with such renewed meaning in my life after that experience.

From here on, Eightballsidepocket wasn't going to make excuses for his wrong choices. I wasn't going to worry about what others thought......I was just going to rest in my personal identity that made objective, and reasonable sense.
Anyway, your replies are very high-charged rants about Christian this, Elmer Gantry this.......etc.......

It's obviously a hot-button issue for you........
There's a notable radio talk show personality that often says the word, "victimology" to describe our current generation and culture. I can't begin to express how much I concur. A MacDonald's paper coffee cup fails and someone gets an "owwee!" from some scalding coffee, and out come the NY lawyers and the ACLU to help this poor victim of the corporate mongols of greed at MacDonald's.

Accidents happen, people make stupid decisions, yet life goes on........Every day is a new chance at trying something different.........going against the mundane grain of repetition of stupid, or ignorant decisions. Everyday is a chance to develop more character and become less of a "character".
Life doesn't have to be an endless repetition of watching Jeopardy and then Wheel of Fortune. We make life a "rut" or a group of "ruts". We are independent spirits.......made to utilize our independent wills..........Self-accountability, is part and partial with those independent wills.

Will I stay committed to a marriage so that the kids will have a secure, safe home, or will I take the self-indulgent route and give "me" first place and to-heck with those I've been given responsibility to raise?

We should do our best. Some folk's best is different from anothers. Some folk's best is half-hearted and denial is the only remedy to assuage the guilt.

I will not be a victim!...........What say you, Chip?

I think your closer to finding the truth than you realize. :eusa_pray:

I found it(Him), my friend (Chip), and you know what it is too. Your just hesitating at the chasm.

Been nice conversing with you with you. :)

Oh we haven’t finished yet, Mc Doakes. Not by a long shot!

Not while I see it as my sacred duty, my ”Great Commission”, to be a foil for your faux fundie façade.

Just think of me as your self-righteous opposite number; ever willing to patronise, chide, and condemn you as fraud who worships out of fear.

You know, as a sort of a demonic doppelganger to your syrupy sanctimony. :)

Forum List

Back