This Liberal apologizes to Dick Cheney

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
I always respected and admired Dick Cheney, up until some time after 911.

Forget the long nuanced explaination. Suffice for me to say that now that he is no longer in the copilot seat of power in the WH, and after seeing Cheney on the Sunday morning gabfest on ABC...Cheney is back to being the man I've always repected and admired: conservative, and honest, and fair.

Mr. Vice President, I apologize.
:cool:
Dante

honest- bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa LOL Right!

Listen, I understand how people on the fringes of politics and society are incapable by their very nature of comprehending the love of politics most political animals feel, and how with that love of politics, comes the view that those one differs with should be viewed as political opponents and not as mortal enemies.

Respect for people and the process, and standards of decency in public debate are not considered worthy by unreasonable and irrational people.

I also understand and support the idea that during a political campaign some things get put aside and are later forgiven...but this idea that the campaign never ends is harmful to the body politic, and to the ability for any party or group of elected people to govern the nation.

I understand politics and have been involved in party politics. Party politics has an aspect to them that considers a campaign as a neverending series of events...and parties appoint individuals whose main job is heading a 24/7 campaign committee. That is as it should be,

....but when the neverending campaign interfers with governess and individual consciousness...the corruption of civil debate and public policy...the enemy withiin that the founding fathers warned about rears it's ulgy head and the Republic is threatened.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Listen, I understand how people on the fringes of politics and society are incapable by their very nature of comprehending the love of politics most political animals feel, and how with that love of politics, comes the view that those one differs with should be viewed as political opponents and not as mortal enemies.

Respect for people and the process, and standards of decency in public debate are not considered worthy by unreasonable and irrational people.

I also understand and support the idea that during a political campaign some things get put aside and are later forgiven...but this idea that the campaign never ends is harmful to the body politic, and to the ability for any party or group of elected people to govern the nation.

I understand politics and have been involved in party politics. Party politics has an aspect to them that considers a campaign as a neverending series of events...and parties appoint individuals whose main job is heading a 24/7 campaign committee. That is as it should be,

....but when the neverending campaign interfers with governess and individual consciousness...the corruption of civil debate and public policy...the enemy withiin that the founding fathers warned about rears it's ulgy head and the Republic is threatened.

:clap2:

:clap2:

But we both know that for the truly internet addicted, reason and rationality make for a lousy message board experience.

*grin

Forget the long nuanced explaination. Suffice for me to say that now that he is no longer in the copilot seat of power in the WH, and after seeing Cheney on the Sunday morning gabfest on ABC...Cheney is back to being the man I've always repected and admired: conservative, and honest, and fair.

Dante

Pass the barf bag!!!

Dante

Pass the barf bag!!!

Why don't you offer something of substance?

I saw Cheney speaking today, and while I take issue with his broad opinion of team Obama's mindset when it comes to fighting terrorism, he raised some valid points and was respectful and honest in his opinions.

If you could meet that standard halfway you'd be considered useful in some way. As it stands you've exhibitted all the signs of being infected with stupidity.

psst, I do not agree with Cheney's ideology or political philosophy, but I do respect the man (again), and I admire his skills.

what is it about that you cannot grasp?

Dante

Pass the barf bag!!!

Why don't you offer something of substance?

I saw Cheney speaking today, and while I take issue with his broad opinion of team Obama's mindset when it comes to fighting terrorism, he raised some valid points and was respectful and honest in his opinions.

If you could meet that standard halfway you'd be considered useful in some way. As it stands you've exhibitted all the signs of being infected with stupidity.

psst, I do not agree with Cheney's ideology or political philosophy, but I do respect the man (again), and I admire his skills.

what is it about that you cannot grasp?

Substance is subjective. And I post what I think. And I think you're full of it. I must have touched a nerve because that's the only reason that people send neg reps around here. The truth hurts.

Substance is subjective.
I'd argue that if I thought you capable of comorehension.
And I post what I think.
see the response above.

And I think you're full of it. I must have touched a nerve because that's the only reason that people send neg reps around here. The truth hurts.
LOL

On more than a few levels, I doubt you have ever been more wrong in your whole sorry life. :lol:

but then again, I've been wrong once or twice before.

Forum List

Back