This left me at a loss for words

xomputer

Rookie
Dec 9, 2008
North Korea rulers build more palaces - UPI.com

Kim Jong-un, North Korea's designated future leader, is building luxury homes for himself while the population goes hungry, intelligence reports indicate.

The building spree is costing the impoverished nation more than $150 million, The Daily Telegraph reported Saturday, citing satellite photos and South Korean intelligence assessments. Kim Jong-un last month was named successor to his ill father, Kim Jong-il.

A house in central Pyongyang where Kim Jong-un grew up has been upgraded to luxury specifications. It is connected by a tunnel to his father's house.

A new villa in North Hamgyong province, known for its hot springs and spas, also is believed to be for Kim Jong-un. Local residents were forced to build a railway line and road leading to it, the report said.

A huge structure being built on the coast at Songdowon has an undersea gallery with a view of aquatic life 300 feet under the surface.

South Korean intelligence says the Kim family has at least 33 villas served by their own private train stations.

In November, the U.N.'s World Food Program said a third of North Korean children were chronically malnourished, along with many pregnant and nursing women.

While Kim Jong-Il's family is enjoying a luxurious lifestyle, the citizens of North Korea on contrary are living desperate and pathetic lives. According to World Food Programme, only 68% of the food rations were distributed to ordinary citizens during November of last year. Even this is less than half of what is really necessary.
Then what is life like for the people who could not even get the rations?
When I heard of the death of that North Korea homeless child (often called Kkotjebi girl), I realized the seriousness of the living conditions of North Koreans.

On one side, people are starving to death...
and on the other side, people are fattening up gluttonously...

The so-called leader of the country is not even taking care of his own people
And all he cares about is his luxurious lifestyle and keeping himself fed...
This is just so utterly outrageous that I am at a loss for words.

Kim Jong-un, North Korea's designated future leader, is building luxury homes for himself while the population goes hungry, intelligence reports indicate.

The building spree is costing the impoverished nation more than $150 million, The Daily Telegraph reported Saturday, citing satellite photos and South Korean intelligence assessments. Kim Jong-un last month was named successor to his ill father, Kim Jong-il.

A house in central Pyongyang where Kim Jong-un grew up has been upgraded to luxury specifications. It is connected by a tunnel to his father's house.

A new villa in North Hamgyong province, known for its hot springs and spas, also is believed to be for Kim Jong-un. Local residents were forced to build a railway line and road leading to it, the report said.

A huge structure being built on the coast at Songdowon has an undersea gallery with a view of aquatic life 300 feet under the surface.

South Korean intelligence says the Kim family has at least 33 villas served by their own private train stations.

In November, the U.N.'s World Food Program said a third of North Korean children were chronically malnourished, along with many pregnant and nursing women.

While Kim Jong-Il's family is enjoying a luxurious lifestyle, the citizens of North Korea on contrary are living desperate and pathetic lives. According to World Food Programme, only 68% of the food rations were distributed to ordinary citizens during November of last year. Even this is less than half of what is really necessary.
When I heard of the death of that North Korea homeless child (often called Kkotjebi girl), I realized the seriousness of the living conditions of North Koreans.

THAT'S COMMUNISM. Scourge of the Earth, worst ever.

This surprises you?

Really?

This is in the nature of authoritarian dicatatorships regardless of what political/economic system they claim to represent.

Ever here of Ferdinand Marcos? How about Papa Doc Duvalier? Idi Amin?

If you're at a loss for words, let me see if I can help a bit.

People like this AND THE PEOPLE WHO SUPPORT THEM, TOO, deserve nothing but a bullet in the back of the head.

You assholes have a ****** you pay to fly around playing golf while the homeless dig through trash cans ?
Critical ? Idiots.

Sounds like the future of America under Capitalism to me. Large sums pumped off to the military while the homeless die on our streets, famlies live under bridges huddled in old car bodies, and millions lose everything they have to the rich and join the tent citys. The water, soil, air polluted. Game reserves low, rivers over fished, or killed off with oils and coal pollution. People can't afford energy for cars, homes, and no jobs, no hope of jobs. Fields going barren because farmers can't afford corporate seeds, and can't make a living with low prices consumers need, in order to eat. Education headed into the dumpster because we can't afford teachers, and massive layoffs. Government borrowing trillions to keep the country afloat.

Anybody can't see what capitalism is doing to their country, needs a boot kicked up their arse.

You assholes have a ****** you pay to fly around playing golf while the homeless dig through trash cans ?
Critical ? Idiots.

You think you are so smart b/c since you are on the Internet you can say what you want. But what you are actually doing is letting the rest of the world know that White folks like you are still stuck in the era when people of color were not considered human beings and only chattel. I bet that's how you feel too, isn't it? You hate Blacks so much that to you they are less than human, right? To you, the only true ppl that God created are WHITE even though you are really off-white. Let me ask you this, who else do you consider White? Greeks, Italians, Spaniards? Now let's not forget that they have skin color the same as you and a lot of them are rich. I bet you would be willing to invite them into your home before you would invite Bill Cosby or Ophra Winfrey or Will Smith or Eddie Murphy. Right!!

Authoritarian tyrants tend to be like that.

What makes this particular authoritarian sort of unique is that he is not ALLIED to the USA,

Worldwide, most authoritarian tyrannies are allied to the USA.

Forum List

Back