this just in!

MikeHoncho

Oct 14, 2009
the only logical way to explain existence as we know it is by an all knowing, eternal being created it as the first step.

troynos-albums-blah-picture23583-do-not-feed-trolls.jpg

"the only logical way to explain existence as we know it is by an all knowing, eternal being created it as the first step."

a simple-minded option. the comic book version for those who can't read.

Logic can explain alot of things, true or false. because logic requires premises and as we don't know all the true premises of the universe. All of us are ignorant of a heck of alot of truths in the universe. Hence, logic can't be completely persuasive as a method of finding truth.

No, if you want to know whether Jesus is the Christ or not, the only way is to learn it the way Peter did. Not through logic, but through revelation.

The Christian God is a God of revelation. He hasn't changed. I don't see why we put down our greatest tool, an appeal to God Himself, in order to try to persuade logically.

17 Verily I say unto you, he that is ordained of me and sent forth to preach the word of truth by the Comforter, in the Spirit of truth, doth he preach it by the Spirit of truth or some other way?

18 And if it be by some other way it is not of God.

19 And again, he that receiveth the word of truth, doth he receive it by the Spirit of truth or some other way?

20 If it be some other way it is not of God.

21 Therefore, why is it that ye cannot understand and know, that he that receiveth the word by the Spirit of truth receiveth it as it is preached by the Spirit of truth?

22 Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another, and both are edified and rejoice together.

23 And that which doth not edify is not of God, and is darkness.

24 That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day.

25 And again, verily I say unto you, and I say it that you may know the truth, that you may chase darkness from among you; (D&C 50:17-25)

Logic is a great tool if you have correct information and use it correct. It can help us learn truth. But if you want to teach the things of the Spirit, you have to do it by the Spirit, and not some other way. Logic alone is some other way, but it can also be used with the Spirit to teach clearly. Learn to teach by the Spirit. Learn to teach God's way and then logic can be of use. Until then, it's just some other way.

Forum List

Back