This just came up on my facebook.

Dogs are going to bark, babies are going to cry, people are going to be pussies. Life is full of aggravations. :D

Do you think I can sue him for making a stupid post and elevating my stress level, due to dealing with idiots?

Find the right lawyer and maybe! :lol:
I would not sue. Why should he lower his own standards to meet theirs? I'd send a letter and ask them to knock it off.

Lol. I don't think you can sue over your dog being "slandered". I was only kidding. In order to sue someone for slander or libel, you would have to show that it has affected or has the potential to affect you negatively in some way, as in your livelihood, your reputation, etc. I don't think it really applies to animals though.

You're right.

I had a crazy neighbor who sent me hate mail about my dogs lol. I knew who it was, the same old geezer who tottered to the end of his driveway that overlooked my yard, to glare at and yell at my dogs when they noticed him and started barking at him. He finally stupidly called the cops to report that my dogs were tied up and barking one night..the result being that the cop parked his car about a block down and sneaked up to my house at 10 pm with a flashlight, TERRIFYING my daughter and her girlfriend who was spending the night. My dogs weren't outside, they hadn't been outside, we were all in bed. The idiot geezer heard some other dogs barking. And the dogs he DID hear were two houses down from him.

You live in town. Dogs bark. If you don't like it, #1, get yourself a private estate, or #2, die.

I told the cop I'd gotten hate mail and that the old fool had made a hobby out of tormenting my PIT and my ST. BERNARD to the point that they started slavering the minute they saw his dumb ass. Hate mail and cop calls immediately stopped.
We don't have anyone within a 2,000 feet of us and certain neighbor's would bitch about the dogs and they are very large house dogs. Now why would that be?
I have no idea what you're talking about?
People who don't like coming to our house because of the dogs. We live in the country and certain people don't like the dogs because if they invited themselves in while we're gone the dogs would eat them.

Yes, when my doberman was alive people were afraid to come up to the door but he passed away and then I got my bull shortly after which was a real blessing. He was bottle fed. We used to have to cut the grass to make him eat it - he was so spoiled. My bull won't bite anyone but he might come through the wire and charge someone if he thought they were there to do harm. He's very territorial. He'll be laying in the yard having some sun but if someone drives up - he is on his feet. Bless his heart. We can't go on vacation because there is no one who can get him back in the gate if he gets out (except us). He's like a big baby Huey that doesn't know his own strength. When he sees my car coming he gallops alongside my car all the way up to the house. My husband was amazed when he saw that. I told him he thinks I'm his mother! He's never rammed my car but he has rammed my husbands trucks before. He's got a hard head. He knocked the telephone pole down and they had to replace it. The neighbors said the transformers on their telephone poles were shaking in their front yards way down the road! They came up and told us he was ramming the pole. We were amazed at his strength to take that pole down! The electric folks told my husband that is the most beautiful bull they have ever seen! He's a real beauty. I love him.

I love your bull stories!
Thank you! I could write a book about his adventures! One hot summer day he dove into the lake hoofs first and swam over to the neighbors house. My husband had just complained about that neighbors' cat being in our yard and had even called and reported their cat! I felt so embarrassed, Chris. When I went next door to get my bull who was standing in their driveway - the kids were standing outside their porch and yelled, Don't worry! We didn't call anyone! lol. Oh my gosh. I told my husband their 8 lb. cat was in our yard. So what?!!!

OUR BULL WAS STANDING IN THEIR DRIVEWAY!! Don't ever do that again! He hasn't.

(we fenced off area down by lake so he can no longer dive in)

Dogs are going to bark, babies are going to cry, people are going to be pussies. Life is full of aggravations. :D

Do you think I can sue him for making a stupid post and elevating my stress level, due to dealing with idiots?

Find the right lawyer and maybe! :lol:
I would not sue. Why should he lower his own standards to meet theirs? I'd send a letter and ask them to knock it off.

Lol. I don't think you can sue over your dog being "slandered". I was only kidding. In order to sue someone for slander or libel, you would have to show that it has affected or has the potential to affect you negatively in some way, as in your livelihood, your reputation, etc. I don't think it really applies to animals though.

You're right.

We don't have anyone within a 2,000 feet of us and certain neighbor's would bitch about the dogs and they are very large house dogs. Now why would that be?
I have no idea what you're talking about?
People who don't like coming to our house because of the dogs. We live in the country and certain people don't like the dogs because if they invited themselves in while we're gone the dogs would eat them.

Yes, when my doberman was alive people were afraid to come up to the door but he passed away and then I got my bull shortly after which was a real blessing. He was bottle fed. We used to have to cut the grass to make him eat it - he was so spoiled. My bull won't bite anyone but he might come through the wire and charge someone if he thought they were there to do harm. He's very territorial. He'll be laying in the yard having some sun but if someone drives up - he is on his feet. Bless his heart. We can't go on vacation because there is no one who can get him back in the gate if he gets out (except us). He's like a big baby Huey that doesn't know his own strength. When he sees my car coming he gallops alongside my car all the way up to the house. My husband was amazed when he saw that. I told him he thinks I'm his mother! He's never rammed my car but he has rammed my husbands trucks before. He's got a hard head. He knocked the telephone pole down and they had to replace it. The neighbors said the transformers on their telephone poles were shaking in their front yards way down the road! They came up and told us he was ramming the pole. We were amazed at his strength to take that pole down! The electric folks told my husband that is the most beautiful bull they have ever seen! He's a real beauty. I love him.

I love your bull stories!
Thank you! I could write a book about his adventures! One hot summer day he dove into the lake hoofs first and swam over to the neighbors house. My husband had just complained about that neighbors' cat being in our yard and had even called and reported their cat! I felt so embarrassed, Chris. When I went next door to get my bull who was standing in their driveway - the kids were standing outside their porch and yelled, Don't worry! We didn't call anyone! lol. Oh my gosh. I told my husband their 8 lb. cat was in our yard. So what?!!!

OUR BULL WAS STANDING IN THEIR DRIVEWAY!! Don't ever do that again! He hasn't.

(we fenced off area down by lake so he can no longer dive in)

What a great pet! Lol!

He's amazingly gentle and he loves to have his chin scratched - he melts my heart with those huge brown goo goo eyes! He's a very handsome bull! He became a father this spring and so now we have two bulls! His son is handsome just like him. I was praying for a bull and I got one! My husband was not happy. He's in the cattle business and wanted a heifer. I told him with two bulls he will have twice the heifers soon enough. Patience.

He's amazingly gentle and he loves to have his chin scratched - he melts my heart with those huge brown goo goo eyes! He's a very handsome bull! He became a father this spring and so now we have two bulls! His son is handsome just like him. I was praying for a bull and I got one! My husband was not happy. He's in the cattle business and wanted a heifer. I told him with two bulls he will have twice the heifers soon enough. Patience.
We had a little half Jersey, two miniature Pekingese (house dogs that played a lot outside), one full blood Husky that could jump straight up ten feet and catch birds. The cow's name was Daisy, she actually thought she was just one of the dogs. She loved to play with the Peke's the best and they would run around the house and then run into the house when Daisy was getting to close. One day Daisy ran in the house behind them. She was okay until she hit the tile floor. Her four legs went four ways. From that day forward she'd put on the brakes right before she got to the kitchen floor.

I'm on a page for my neighborhood community on Facebook. I have a large dog (108 lbs) -- he is of a breed that can be aggressive (Cane Corso) -- he's inside most of the time, and I bring him to work most of the time... so he certainly isn't a dog that is outside all the time. I do of course leave him in the backyard sometimes, and he can bark when he sees something that alerts him... He doesn't bark all the time, and if I'm home and I hear him barking I bring him inside.

I saw this post and the first 10 or so after it were all essentially agreeing with this person and I couldn't believe it. I seriously wanted to say: "Are we seriously having this conversation right now? Is this what American has devolved into?"

Fortunately, before I had a chance to get to the computer more logical people chimed in and essentially said what I wanted to say... but I wanted to hear what everyone else had to say. Here's a cut and paste of the post:

Not so Merry Christmas ...

I know we have a lot of pet owners in the neighborhood, some of whom are more responsible than others.

While walking through the neighborhood regularly, my wife and I have often been startled by aggressively barking dogs who seemed to have been waiting behind their fences just for us to appear. We always hypothesized what could happen if an elderly person would come along that way and be startled like that ... maybe even getting a heart attack.

We know several dog owners who have responsibly trained their dogs to not react like this, or who are keeping their dogs inside the house. But apparently, others are just ignoring their responsibilities and "don't care".

We never addressed any of these owners because we didn't want to aggravate anybody.

Unfortunately, my wife had to pay that price last week. While she was on her morning walk, one of these aggressive watch dogs jumped against the fence while barking like crazy. This shocked her so much that she reacted in a side-step away from the fence and off the side-walk, where she fell face forward onto the concrete. She suffered not only a mild head trauma but she fractured her humerus and had to be taken to a hospital ER for treatment.

This all occurred while I was on a business trip through Europe and Africa.

Since we have a teenaged daughter and no family in the country I had to cancel my ongoing trip and book a next-day return flight.

As you can imagine, this is not only causing my wife severe pain and discomfort for weeks to come, it has also made this one of the worst Christmas season for our family ever. On top of that, it has created a few thousand dollars worth of costs (healthcare, unscheduled return trip, cancellation of two week trips) for our family, which we have to cover out-of-pocket.

In the next few days I will personally contact the owners of this lovely pet to find out how they will face their "responsibilities". I hope that everyone who has a dog like this, and who treats or handles that dog without proper training or restraints is prepared to willingly cover their part in our Christmas story.

We will no longer tolerate ignorance towards others when it comes to responsibly handling pets. This might happen again ... and with an outcome worse than ours.

Sounds like the ignorance is all on their side since they knew the dog barked at the fence.

Talk about a couple of maroons.

Years ago, I lived in an apartment, and there was a neighbor with a big Rotty. There was only a rickety old wooden fence separating our yard from theirs. The dog seemed pretty aggressive. When we would go out into the yard (which we had to in order to get to the car), the dog would jump up to the fence and growl and bark at us. I never said anything, but I was kind of fearful of that dog. He was tied, but he was a big strong dog. I don't know how securely he was tied. My son was small at the time (only about 3 or 4), and I was frightened to let him play out in the yard. I would just drive to the park then, and I started to look for another place, not just for that reason though. Anyway, I think creating a FB posting about it is a little ridiculous, instead of perhaps confronting the people first if you actually believe there is a problem, but I can understand how a big aggressive dog can scare you half to death! Lol.

Forum List

Back