"This isn't Russia, is it, Danny? Is this Russia?"

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
www.townhall.com/columnists/richtucker/printrt20041029.shtml

When Caddyshack's Ty Webb asked Danny Noonan that fmaous question, the answer was "No." However, if he asked some folks on the American left today, they might say, "Yes!" If, that is, they didn't insist that the United States is actually worse than Russia.

On Oct. 25, Howard Kurtz of the Washington Post took a look at some left-wingers. with the election just a few days away and their man trailing in the polls, many seem to be approaching--if they're not already off--the deep end. Columiba's Todd Gitlin told Kurtz that if President Bush is re-elected, "Iwould not be surprised to see outbursts of political violence the likes of which we haven't seen since the Weather Underground of the 1970s."

Maybe Gitlin missed the news, but there's real violence, not silly political violence (burining bras, burning draft cards), in today's world. We've got Islamo-fascists trying to kill Americans. In New York, Washington and Shanksville just a few years ago they succeeded. In Iraq, terrorists are decapitating hostages, bonbing troop carriers and killing National Guardsmen.

The real violence is likely to continue regardless of which man is elected Nov.2--but for reasons we've discussed before, some consider President Bush the better man for dealing with these thugs and thus bringing this real violence to a speedier end. Another loony lefty, CNN's Paul Begala, opined that "Bush and his allies are likely to embark on a campaign of political retribution the likes of which we haven't seen since Richard Nixon."

Oh.

All the retribution must explain why left-wing publications like The Nation are thriving; it's circulation has almost doubled since 2000. If the administration's attempting to retaliate, it's doing a remarkably poor job of it.

But for some reason, liberals seem to think that will change in a second term. Maybe that's because it's actually those on the left who believe that those they disagree with ought to shut up.

For example, on Oct.12 a John Kerry spokesman appeared on Fox News to discuss the Sinclair Broadcasting case--a group of television stations that plannes to run a documentary critical of Democratic candidate John Kerry.
"Listen, they better look out there at Sinclair Broadcasting. I'm not a lawyer, but they've stirred up a lot of people, " Chad Clanton said. "I think they are going to regret doing this and they better hope we don't win." So much for the First Amendment. So , Mr Begala--still beleives it's the Bushes who will engage in political retribution???

Rich Tucker

One question from me...........Where was the ACLU in this case???

"Listen, they better look out there at Sinclair Broadcasting. I'm not a lawyer, but they've stirred up a lot of people, " Chad Clanton said. "I think they are going to regret doing this and they better hope we don't win."
Oh, I can't stand that little weasel!! Everytime I see him on TV I want to squeeze his little head until it pops like a zit!!
No, no anger issues here. :rolleyes: LOL!

UsaPride said:
Oh, I can't stand that little weasel!! Everytime I see him on TV I want to squeeze his little head until it pops like a zit!!
No, no anger issues here. :rolleyes: LOL!

Begala doesn't exactly ring my chimes either! Can you squeeze him too !!

dilloduck said:
Begala doesn't exactly ring my chimes either! Can you squeeze him too !!

How about instead of squeezing them (sounds too much like cuddling them) we run them over with a tank :tank:

Bonnie said:
How about instead of squeezing them (sounds too much like cuddling them) we run them over with a tank :tank:
Tank, yeah, yeah, Run them both over!! Whew, I feel better now, LOL! :D

Forum List

Back