this is your police state thanks the Rs, Ds, and those who think cops can do no wrong

The Criminalization of Protest - Reason Magazine

I hope all the people who defend cops & military no matter their action are the first to be shot or jailed when the dictatorship finally comes.

Crime rates are near all-time lows. I credit SWAT Teams and aggressive police policy. I don't see any problem with cops wearing camo. Besides, it will always be the anarchist protesters who get shot first.

Man.

If people are going to post OPED, I wish they'd at least give the courtesy of giving a quick summary before doing it.

That why I can determine if I want to read someone elses opinion.

That being said, the militarization of our police forces does bother me. The ends don't always justify the means, and I really question if SWAT teams are truly police or military units that operate against citizens.

Probably not a popular opinion.

Man.

If people are going to post OPED, I wish they'd at least give the courtesy of giving a quick summary before doing it.

That being said, the militarization of our police forces does bother me. The ends don't always justify the means, and I really question if SWAT teams are truly police or military units that operate against citizens. Probably not a popular opinion.

The SWAT Teams take down gangs and the sophisticated heavily armed criminals that the beat cops just can't handle. I really love that the cops outgun the criminals. Tell me you want the gangs to rule like in Mexico?

That has got to be the sorriest excuse for a complaint I've ever seen. The loon reported virually every bit of hearsay evidence he could find linked incidents that may or may not have been connected to the event in question and just in general tried to thow as much shit at the cops as he could in the grand hope that soemthing would stick.

In short come back when you have evidence of actual wrong doing. By the way the protestors you mention have a long history of engaging in violent confrontation with the cops. Be they Italian, German Swiss or American.

Some actual reporting might have had a point here, this op ed piece is just one guys personal opinion that happens to get to publish it.

The Criminalization of Protest - Reason Magazine

I hope all the people who defend cops & military no matter their action are the first to be shot or jailed when the dictatorship finally comes.

Crime rates are near all-time lows. I credit SWAT Teams and aggressive police policy. I don't see any problem with cops wearing camo. Besides, it will always be the anarchist protesters who get shot first.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRX4R9cYeDQ&feature=related[/ame]

:eusa_eh:

That has got to be the sorriest excuse for a complaint I've ever seen. The loon reported virually every bit of hearsay evidence he could find linked incidents that may or may not have been connected to the event in question and just in general tried to thow as much shit at the cops as he could in the grand hope that soemthing would stick.

In short come back when you have evidence of actual wrong doing. By the way the protestors you mention have a long history of engaging in violent confrontation with the cops. Be they Italian, German Swiss or American.

COINTELPRO Again?

From John Adams' Alien and Sedition Acts to the Cold War and Joseph McCarthy, civil liberties and national security have had a delicate and troubled relationship in American history. Notorious among these is the case of the domestic surveillance program run by the FBI between 1956 and 1971 (after the censure of Joseph McCarthy by the Senate) under the name COINTELPRO (counterintelligence program). COINTELPRO was a secret FBI program designed to monitor and "neutralize" domestic groups deemed by the FBI to be a danger to national security. Such groups included anti-war groups and civil rights groups and individuals like Martin Luther King, Jr. and even Eleanor Roosevelt.

Some fear that something like COINTELPRO may again be at hand. There are undercover agents infiltrating peaceful protests in America. Pretending to be political activists, local law enforcement officials are monitoring the activities of advocacy and protest groups based on what one judge calls those organizations’ "political philosophies and conduct protected under the First Amendment." The tactic has come about as a result of the relaxation of guidelines first put into place after the COINTELPRO scandal investigation. Learn more about the history and the new guidelines below.
NOW with David Brancaccio. Politics & Economy. Criminalizing Dissent. COINTELPRO Again? | PBS

How quickly we forget.

Man.

That being said, the militarization of our police forces does bother me. The ends don't always justify the means, and I really question if SWAT teams are truly police or military units that operate against citizens.

You've pinpointed the problem. The right wing 'tough on crime' pea brains in this country are really only tough on freedom and liberty.

They support individual freedom, just as long as you conform to their beliefs.

And of COURSE we see their parade of denial...

It behooves every man who values liberty of conscience for himself, to resist invasions of it in the case of others: or their case may, by change of circumstances, become his own.
Thomas Jefferson

Man.

You've pinpointed the problem. The right wing 'tough on crime' pea brains in this country are really only tough on freedom and liberty.

It behooves every man who values liberty of conscience for himself, to resist invasions of it in the case of others: or their case may, by change of circumstances, become his own.
Thomas Jefferson

Remind us who it is that wants to create a civilian volunteer NON military force that rivals the US military? A force to act on his behalf on any matter he deems important. One with arrest authority. Separate from all current law enforcement agencies.

Man.

Thomas Jefferson

Remind us who it is that wants to create a civilian volunteer NON military force that rivals the US military? A force to act on his behalf on any matter he deems important. One with arrest authority. Separate from all current law enforcement agencies.

How to identify a pea brain...they actually believe and parrot the right wing bullshit...

Thomas Jefferson

How to identify a pea brain...they actually believe and parrot the right wing bullshit...

SO Obama never called for such a force? Is that your story?

Police are useful but you need to keep control. Always be very conscious of what's going on in your local department. Watch the relations between your local politicians and your cops. Make sure your police are under democratic (small "d") control. Cops are pretty good people or they wouldn't have been hired but as an entity you really do need to keep tight control over the organisation.

You are referring to H.R. 675...

To amend title 10, United States Code, to provide police officers, criminal investigators, and game law enforcement officers of the Department of Defense with authority to execute warrants, make arrests, and carry firearms.

Congressman Bob Filner

Legislation to Allow DOD and Civilian Police Coordination

In February, I re-introduced the Department of Defense and Civilian Law Enforcement Coordination Act, H.R. 675, which would amend federal law to permit Department of Defense (DOD) law enforcement officers to better coordinate and cooperate with civilian law enforcement agencies.

I drafted this legislation in cooperation with the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) because many DOD law enforcement officers are currently prohibited from basic coordination with civilian agencies near DOD facilities. We need to ensure that federal, state, and local law enforcement are able to work together to apprehend criminals and to prevent and solve crimes.

-------

Now, bring me your Alex Jones conspiracy theory...

To amend title 10, United States Code, to provide police officers, criminal investigators, and game law enforcement officers of the Department of Defense with authority to execute warrants, make arrests, and carry firearms.

Congressman Bob Filner

In February, I re-introduced the Department of Defense and Civilian Law Enforcement Coordination Act, H.R. 675, which would amend federal law to permit Department of Defense (DOD) law enforcement officers to better coordinate and cooperate with civilian law enforcement agencies.

I drafted this legislation in cooperation with the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) because many DOD law enforcement officers are currently prohibited from basic coordination with civilian agencies near DOD facilities. We need to ensure that federal, state, and local law enforcement are able to work together to apprehend criminals and to prevent and solve crimes.

-------

I am referring to a VERY FAMOUS speech Obama gave stating he would CREATE a civilian force separate from the military ( but as powerful) and separate from current law enforcement. This group would work at the discretion of the President of the United States.

Congressman Bob Filner

-------

I am referring to a VERY FAMOUS speech Obama gave stating he would CREATE a civilian force separate from the military ( but as powerful) and separate from current law enforcement. This group would work at the discretion of the President of the United States.

Then bring me the speech...full transcript only...

Congressman Bob Filner

-------

Then bring me the speech...full transcript only...

Ahh yes, the " I don't recall that" syndrome. Sorry I don't play that game. Are you one of his supporters that also admits he lied but you knew it was just politics as usual?

Forum List

Back