This is WHY you want the EPA...

Don't know how many are aware of this fire, but it's out of control.

Eight tanks on fire and no way to put it out. More tanks could ignite.

The crime: Intercontinental Terminals is saying it's harmless. Levels are safe.

Anybody stupid enough to believe that shit?

This is why you need to have an EPA, because oil and gas corps are fucking criminals.

Hey Trump, you fucking asshole, THIS is is what an emergency looks like.

Fire-4.jpg

Yesterday, from the west side of Houston, the plume is heading west by northwest.
intercontinental-terminals-copany-deer-park-texas-chemical-fire-photo-houston-chronicle.jpg

im-60746
The EPA under obama was ridiculous.......

does the EPA have a magic toxic cloud dispersing raygun that operates on tax dollars somewhere
I live in Houston It doesn't stink as bad here as it does at Border crossings. Crazy leftist Eco terrorists probably started this fire / or it was an equipment malfunction / Or President Trump in his all powerful position ordered it to give the Left something else to whine about! Skies are clear today in Houston! great for disaster watching!
Years ago I had a roommate who would take the stinkiest paint peeling dumps and leave the door open after he finished. I would tell him your sh!t stinks man. Shut the door. And he would always say “it doesn’t smell that bad“.
And I asked him “have you ever smelled someone else’s sh!t and said wow it doesn’t smell that bad?”

Your post made me think of that when you said Houston doesn’t stink that bad.
How much stink is acceptable to you?

Well if you go by Trump.......

I said "It doesn't stink as bad as Our border crossings"! I can smell El Paso and Mc Allen from here when the wind is right!

they willing to take with health, safety, and lives of their employees, customers, and the community in order maximize profits.

You say that like it's a bad thing.
they willing to take with health, safety, and lives of their employees, customers, and the community in order maximize profits.

You say that like it's a bad thing.
It is a bad thing because management is biased toward maximizing profits of the business, not looking after the health and welfare of the community. That is the job of regulators, inspectors, and law enforcement not management.

Yeah, because a business wants to burn down their lively hood. Your hatred for Trump is making you stupid.

Because it's cheaper for a tank or two to burn every once in a while than it is to prevent it.
"Bullfrog" go "croak" on another lilly pad ……… Please? "Stupid" is over there so you won't get lonely!:19:
Lol, he obviously never ran a business. It's cheaper to lose their product instead of trying to prevent from losing it.

Depends on the cost of preventing the loss. Everything has a cost/benefit analysis.
Lol, so it's cheaper to lose your product. Than to keep it, then your not getting enough for your product. So you're saying it's cheaper to let the product burn. Lose the wages for your employees, lose the tanks, pay the clean up charges. Replace or repair the tanks. Pay the wages for that and lose the profits for not producing the product while the repairs or replacement happens. That's what you're saying?

Bullfrog get back on your "silly pad". Stupid hasn't left yet!

This is WHY you want the EPA...

Because Dem run cities spill HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF GALLONS of raw sewage into public waterways. So fouling them swimming and beaches have to be closed due to public health concerns.

A few fires but millions of people out of work and put in subsidize housing hmmmm
The fact is most government regulations work in the interest of employers. It helps keep them out of court, protects their employees and the community. Without regulations, management is put in the position of deciding how much risk are they willing to take with the health, safety, and lives of their employees, customers, and the community in order maximize profits.
That's right. EPA regulations don't work in the interests of employees and consumers, who have to pay more for what they buy and who get paid less.

Thanks for pointing out another good reason to oppose the EPA.

This is why you need to have an EPA, because oil and gas corps are fucking criminals.

Fire-4.jpg

Yesterday, from the west side of Houston, the plume is heading west by northwest.
intercontinental-terminals-copany-deer-park-texas-chemical-fire-photo-houston-chronicle.jpg

im-60746

Hey dipshit, Obama's EPA actually caused this:

Rio_tinto_river_CarolStoker_NASA_Ames_Research_Center.jpg

animas-spill-picture-800x533.jpg

http://publichealthnm.org/gold-king-mine-spill-the-aftermath/

Fire-4.jpg

im-60746

It’s HOUSTON...the explosion likely did millions of dollars in improvements. That place sucks.

Um still waiting for the reason

The reason is they didn't take the right precautions to prevent the fire.
Yeah, because a business wants to burn down their lively hood. Your hatred for Trump is making you stupid.

Because it's cheaper for a tank or two to burn every once in a while than it is to prevent it.

The environmental public health division of HCPHES one year referred 0 cases of pollution to the HCDA’s office.

It became such a joke that EPH was stripped out of the Department.

Environmental laws in Houston are a joke

Fire-4.jpg

im-60746

It’s HOUSTON...the explosion likely did millions of dollars in improvements. That place sucks.
The social justice warrior displays his utter lack of class.

Fire-4.jpg

im-60746

The social justice warrior displays his utter lack of class.

Lived there for decades. If God was going to give the world an enema he’d stick the nozzle in Houston.

The environmental public health division of HCPHES one year referred 0 cases of pollution to the HCDA’s office.

And have been for a long time.

Businesses are very reluctant to make large capital expenditures for health and safety or pollution control because most business within 5 to 7 years will be in the hands of new owners, merged, closed, in totally new lines of business or reorganized. So when the CEO is presented with a proposal to spend say 5 million dollars on new fire suppression equipment or pollution control, he asks, can we make it 5 more years on the current equipment and the answer is usually yes. However, when government finds the company in violation of the law, the answer changes rather quickly.

It is not that the CEO wants to harm the business, employees, or the community. He just wants to maximize profits, which is his job. This in a nutshell is the value of regulation. It places safety of the community above the the profits of the business.
So the CEO goes I on his first day, and says do as little as you can to protect my company. I'll be gone in a few years? I'm thinking you're talking about Democrats.

Well the leader of your party "AOC" says we will be dead in 12 years. So what does it matter?

Fire-4.jpg

im-60746

Trump's fault? You sound desperate.

Businesses are very reluctant to make large capital expenditures for health and safety or pollution control because most business within 5 to 7 years will be in the hands of new owners, merged, closed, in totally new lines of business or reorganized. So when the CEO is presented with a proposal to spend say 5 million dollars on new fire suppression equipment or pollution control, he asks, can we make it 5 more years on the current equipment and the answer is usually yes. However, when government finds the company in violation of the law, the answer changes rather quickly.

It is not that the CEO wants to harm the business, employees, or the community. He just wants to maximize profits, which is his job. This in a nutshell is the value of regulation. It places safety of the community above the the profits of the business.
So the CEO goes I on his first day, and says do as little as you can to protect my company. I'll be gone in a few years? I'm thinking you're talking about Democrats.
A CEO's job is to maximize profits. On average, a CEO only last about 6 years. His goal is maximize profits during those years so he can move on to better paying jobs. Spending millions of dollars on health and safety and pollution control which lowers profits is not in his best interest. If regulatory agencies tell him it has to done then it get's done.

New Topics

Forum List

Back