this is why you dont fight a war without enough soldiers

No what I am claiming is this, when you prosecute a War and at the same time cut taxes to the American public, you fail to engage the American people in paying for the cost of War, further you put the burden of war on the shoulders of those who have to fight it and their familes alone. As to who did and did not get paid I think the debt speaks for itself, don't you ?

Total horseshit. One way or another, the taxpayers have to pay for the war. It's impossible to have a war without paying for it. All you liberal turds are doing is lobbying for a tax increase on the rich.

Who do you think you're fooling?

The soldiers volunteered to fight the war. If they don't like it, they shouldn't have enlisted. See, that's how freedom works: you get to choose what to do with your life. According to your totalitarian principle, we could never use our military, ever, or we would all have to serve in the military.

Note: you couldn't name anyone who didn't get paid for participating in the prosecution of the war. Therefore, the war was paid for.

It never ceases to amaze me the people who would shout freedom from the rafters and yet send others to fight their wars from them, and when it came time to support them in that war turn a blind eye to pay for it. So be it, I will attempt to show you what the word DEBT means;

debt (dt)
n.
1. Something owed, such as money, goods, or services.
a. An obligation or liability to pay or render something to someone else.
b. The condition of owing: a young family always in debt.
3. An offense requiring forgiveness or reparation; a trespass.

The public debt has increased by over $500 billion each year since fiscal year (FY) 2003, with increases of $1 trillion in FY2008, $1.9 trillion in FY2009, and $1.7 trillion in FY2010.[3] As of December 8, 2011 the gross debt was $15.05 trillion, of which $10.39 trillion was held by the public and $4.66 trillion was intragovernmental holdings.[4] The annual gross domestic product (GDP) to the end of June 2011 was $15.003 trillion (July 29, 2011 estimate),[5] with total public debt outstanding at a ratio of 100% of GDP, and debt held by the public at 69% of GDP.
United States public debt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When you have time to take your partisan glasses off and understand the nation is not made up of everyones a liberal who disagree's with you then perhaps you will begin to understand that the MONEY that those contractors are paid, and military personnel is borrowed money that has to be paid back. The point here is that is if this nation engages in war and at the same time cuts taxes on the American public they fail to engage the public in the war and put the burden of that war on the people who fight it, but I suppose thats ok that others do the fighting dying for you, as long as you get your tax cut.

then you should be for the wealthy paying for all they get from our system

I am not sure what you mean by “our system.” If by that term you are referring to our system of government, I suggest you are on the right track, but not for the reasons you might assume. If you are implying that the wealthy need to pay more “for all they get from our system,” I must inform you of two indisputable facts: (1) the wealthy already pay a disproportionately higher amount of taxes; and (2) most of them have made their fortunes in spite of our system and not because of it. I do believe, however, that those who benefit directly from government largesse (GMC, for example) have a greater debt to the government, while those who make it on their own are not so obligated

One of the greatest liberal misconceptions is that government is responsible for all wealth. While it is true that some people have attained their wealth because of government intervention (usually involving some type of corruption), most have achieved success through their own hard work, fighting the government every step of the way.

Let those who have gotten FROM our system (our government) contribute TO our system. I like that idea.

Hey, I just got a wild thought (actually , it's a logical extension to your proposition): Let those who have given more to the government (in the form of taxes) receive more in benefits from the government, and those who pay little or nothing receive little or nothing in return. I know you won't agree with that one, and actually I don't either. I am merely trying to make a point.

The wealthy get very little from "the system." Welfare turds get all the benefits, not rich people.

Do those rich people struggle to feed their children and pay for gas, or go in massive debt when they try to further their education?

Last I checked, no.

But what do the rich get from the system?

they use our infrastructure more than anyone to do business

And their taxes pay for it.

:eusa_hand:

Heads up though, most wealthy people make money from wars, they don't lose the money helping to support the war effort.

I'm well aware of that too, Eisenhower made that painfully clear to everyone, however my point is that the American people in general rich and poor need to support any war this nation engages in, in terms of financial support as well as moral support. Now again this is just my humble opinion here, in doing so it enlists the American public into the War in such a way as to bring it to a quick conclusion. If for example the vast majority of the American public do not have much interest in the war other than save for the occasional news blurb then who cares how long it lasts other than the Military member or their family who has been deployed 5 or 6 times to combat or perhaps that wealthy person who is making the money off the deal. As far as the draft goes , I have mixed feelings on it, my first instinct is to say that a draft generally makes force readiness less effective because of the sheer amount of training needed for those who really do not want to be there. On the other hand, it engages a larger portion of the American public into the war effort and leads to a generally faster conclusion, with the exception of Viet-Nam. Again this is just a personal opinion, had the American public been more engaged in the Iraq war especially, I have a feeling it would not have lasted for as long as it did.

Actually, I believe it is our duty as citizens to criticize very heavily any act of hostility our country engages in.

Actually your duty isn't to bitch about every military action we take....it is simply your right to.

I am not sure what you mean by “our system.” If by that term you are referring to our system of government, I suggest you are on the right track, but not for the reasons you might assume. If you are implying that the wealthy need to pay more “for all they get from our system,” I must inform you of two indisputable facts: (1) the wealthy already pay a disproportionately higher amount of taxes;and they should pay more than they are paying if we want a system that is not third word and (2) most of them have made their fortunes in spite of our systembullshit, most of them inherited the money they started their business with and not because of it. I do believe, however, that those who benefit directly from government largesse (GMC, for example) have a greater debt to the government, while those who make it on their own are not so obligated.Pretending they would make it on their onw without police. fire, roads, bridges, schools, sewers, water dilivery systems, water treatment plants and all the massive planning and efforts each part of our government suplies is a lie.

One of the greatest liberal misconceptions is that government is responsible for all wealth.that is horseshit right wing talking points While it is true that some people have attained their wealth because of government intervention (usually involving some type of corruption), most have achieved success through their own hard work, fighting the government every step of the way.more right wing talking points

Let those who have gotten FROM our system (our government) contribute TO our system. I like that idea. of, for and by the people

Hey, I just got a wild thought (actually , it's a logical extension to your proposition): Let those who have given more to the government (in the form of taxes) receive more in benefits from the government, they already doand those who pay little or nothing receive little or nothing in return. yeah let those babies just starve I know you won't agree with that one, and actually I don't either. I am merely trying to make a point.

and your point is not connecting with reality.

The most prosperous times in our history involved Much higer taxes on the wealthy

How can you argue this point?. Lefties murdered people and rioted and set fire to buildings back in the 60's because they thought the draft was unfair to people and birds and pretty flowers. Now they "blame Bush" because he didn'e establish the draft during the Iraq war? The world is upside down to liberals.

We have the greatest Military the world has ever seen and the greatest technology on the face of the earth and the left thinks "we don't have enough Soldiers"? Bill Clinton managed to bomb the Serbs into the stone age and reduce Yugoslavia to a 3rd world country without losing a single member of the Military just to deflect criticism of his DNA on Monica's dress. You can't whine about not having enough Soldiers and riot about the draft at the same time.

The wealthy get very little from "the system." Welfare turds get all the benefits, not rich people.

Do those rich people struggle to feed their children and pay for gas, or go in massive debt when they try to further their education?

Last I checked, no.

No, but that isn't because of any benefit they receive from "the system" (what you really mean is "government"). It's because they produce goods and services that people want and they are handsomely remunerated as a result. They produce the material wealth they enjoy, not "the system."

they use our infrastructure more than anyone to do business

They pay for all the "infrastructure" they use. Trucks have to pay excise taxes on every gallon of diesel they use. They also have to pay additional taxes based on the load they are carrying. What do corporations benefit from that they don't pay for in full? What do the rich benefit from that they don't pay for in full?

The answer is: nothing.

Why do you continue to pretend they were not lied to by the Bush admin right along with the rest of us?

Bush??

Why don't you watch this and get back to us asswipe....
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0f5u_0ytUs]Bill Clinton: Clear Evidence of Iraqi WMD Program - YouTube[/ame]

If he could have kept his dick in his pants, he would have been a truly great president!

When you have time to take your partisan glasses off and understand the nation is not made up of everyones a liberal who disagree's with you then perhaps you will begin to understand that the MONEY that those contractors are paid, and military personnel is borrowed money that has to be paid back. The point here is that is if this nation engages in war and at the same time cuts taxes on the American public they fail to engage the public in the war and put the burden of that war on the people who fight it, but I suppose thats ok that others do the fighting dying for you, as long as you get your tax cut.

Since the money has to be paid back, then the taxpayers are not going to escape from paying the debt. Your complaint is a non sequitur. All you're arguing about is how and when it gets paid back. Raising current taxes is one way. Cutting the swag that goes to welfare parasites is another.

Cutting taxes doesn't impose any additional burden on the people fighting the war. Raising taxes wouldn't necessarily have done a thing to benefit them. That's just a liberal propaganda ploy used to justify increasing taxes on the rich. Just about everything liberals say is a justification for increasing taxes on the rich, increasing government spending, and thereby increasing the benefits that flow to liberals.

The most prosperous times in our history involved Much higer taxes on the wealthy

It also involved bombing the bulk of the industrialized world into the stone age. No nation ever taxed its way to prosperity. That idea is simply absurd.

jesus your an idiot

It's "you're," not "your." You should also put a comma after "jesus." Otherwise, you're calling Jesus an idiot. And "jesus" should be capitalized.

That's three errors in a four word sentence.

When you're calling someone an idiot, you should at least use the correct words.

Last I checked, no.

No they don't struggle. They pay for food and gasoline with money they actually earned. If you think layabouts should get more money, you are free to contribute as much as you want. Just don't expect me to reward laziness and stupid choices.
Charity is a choice. I have freely given about $8,000 in the last 6 months to a poor family here in Foley in return for odd jobs around my property that I could have done myself. I have provided shelter for a young woman who escaped a abusive relationship and just recently was able to save enough to get her own apartment.
These acts were my choice. I was not ordered to put out money and security by the government. I did, with my own resources, what you insist the nation do with the resources of all of us. How very magnanimous of you!

Forum List

Back