This is why we should keep our troops in prayer

Gabriella84 said:
Most institutions of higher learning are not Dartmouth or MIT.
And I don't recall having been shot at over the last three years I have been at Cal.

Guess you missed the point eh? Oh well.

And the point is ..... what? :dunno:
That your propaganda is as good as mine?

Here is a challenge for you. Have a totally neutral observer travel to Iraq and offer 100 anonymous American soldiers the chance to go home. No other conditions or questions asked.
How many do you think will volunteer to stay?

Gabriella84 said:

Here is a challenge for you. Have a totally neutral observer travel to Iraq and offer 100 anonymous American soldiers the chance to go home. No other conditions or questions asked.
More than will leave. Why don't you admit there are lots of soldiers that have been injured that all they want to do is go back?

At least you admit your tripe is propaganda.

Why don't you admit there are lots of soldiers that have been injured that all they want to do is go back?

Um...right. So they can be shot again? Perhaps they have head wounds.
I will guest that at least two-thirds of all ground troops in Iraq would prefer to leave.

Gabriella84 said:
I will guest that at least two-thirds of all ground troops in Iraq would prefer to leave.

How the hell can you say that? Are you a soldier, do you know what its like? Thats what I thought, keep your mouth shut.

If your questioning the truthfulness of that statement, then I suggest you ask some Iraq War veterans. I think the answer may surprise you.

And by the way, I believe you are the most disrespectful thing to be on these boards. Im sure your mother would be proud.

Gabriella84 said:

All of the good ones.

Originally posted by Gabby

Semper Fi said:
How the hell can you say that? Are you a soldier, do you know what its like? Thats what I thought, keep your mouth shut.

If your questioning the truthfulness of that statement, then I suggest you ask some Iraq War veterans. I think the answer may surprise you.

And by the way, I believe you are the most disrespectful thing to be on these boards. Im sure your mother would be proud.

Semper.......look at her signature and you'll understand how she can say something like that.

Apparently some Cal students have to be without decency to be admitted.

I think she took a class from Ward Churchill, professor at UOC.

Gabriella84 said:

Thats really not very well balanced. How many people out of 100 would want a hundred dollars? Suddenly 100 people are greedy and only concerned with money, right?

Gabriella84 said:

Try to not flatter yourself so much. Your propaganda sucks, and if there is ANY reason ANYONE's morale is low, it's for listening to people such as you and the pure venom that comes out of your mouth.

CSM handed you your ass. You're just making yourself look even dumber by attempting to deflect.

If I was trying to do a job with Turban Durbin, Ted I-Ran-Off-To-Find-A-Neck-Brace Kennedy, and folks like Gabby silently cheering at each car bomb report, my morale would be pretty low too.

Gabriella84 said:
And your guess would be absolutely wrong.... at least you admit it is a guess.

It is ironic that those with the least insight into the subject of what the troops want are the first to offer their opinion. What they forget is that the troops serving in today's military are there because they want to be. The vast majority of those troops have more discipline, esprit de corps, dedication and love of country than any college kid could possibly understand. I have shown the poster's rhetoric to some of the troops (a small minority of 14, to be exact) .... all of them laughed and were quite amused that a young lady who has been exactly NO PLACE and done exactly NOTHING (in the greater scheme of things, that is) would presume to speak for the troops in the field.

If we didn't love our country, we wouldn't be fighting for the end of unjustified wars. We wouldn't be fighting to remove the leaders that are destroying our country from within.
America has got a TON of problems, yet we choose to deal with the problems of others. Our military should be patroling OUR borders, not someone elses. They could be guarding our sea and air ports and patrolling the areas where criminals and drug smugglers are known to flourish.
The problem is, our president believes he is John Wayne or Errol Flynn. A man who never saw a hint of military action now thinks he is a brilliant military genius. He wants to be Napoleon, ready to conquer evil doers that he doesn't like. The man gets a woody over casualty reports.
Too bad this isn't World War II or Korea. Or even Viet Nam. We are fighting an enemy that we don't understand, in a method that is outdated.

Gabriella84 said:
If we didn't love our country, we wouldn't be fighting for the end of unjustified wars. We wouldn't be fighting to remove the leaders that are destroying our country from within.
America has got a TON of problems, yet we choose to deal with the problems of others. Our military should be patroling OUR borders, not someone elses. They could be guarding our sea and air ports and patrolling the areas where criminals and drug smugglers are known to flourish.
The problem is, our president believes he is John Wayne or Errol Flynn. A man who never saw a hint of military action now thinks he is a brilliant military genius. He wants to be Napoleon, ready to conquer evil doers that he doesn't like. The man gets a woody over casualty reports.
Too bad this isn't World War II or Korea. Or even Viet Nam. We are fighting an enemy that we don't understand, in a method that is outdated.

are really starting to piss me off...you post caskets of our returning vets to make a point...so post caskets of our young...you included..who have died of overdoses of drugs such as Extasy et al...far more than the number of troops KIA...in any given year...so why do you not attack you peers as vehemently? At least our troops were fighting a war vs pleasure(?) deaths!

Gabriella84 said:

Oh you met the President?! How wonderful! How tall was he in person? Did he treat you nicely while you were at the White House? How long did your conversation with him last? You seem to know his life story and everything about him, just though I'd ask about your visit with him.

Semper Fi said:
Oh you met the President?! How wonderful! How tall was he in person? Did he treat you nicely while you were at the White House? How long did your conversation with him last? You seem to know his life story and everything about him, just though I'd ask about your visit with him.

height question since I met him many years ago...My G/pa was the head of transportation at the "Old" Warner Bros.Studios....he was just about 6'4" and a "Manly Man" even in todays standards...as for GW never met him in person...but I would guess he is about 5'11" just a guess mind ya.... :huh:

Gabriella84 said:

I would guess (and my guess is as valid as Ms. G's) that the poster is used to getting by through dropping to her knees and ....well you get the picture.

How a 20 something year old college student could profess to know all about the military, what is good for the country, has the ability and responsibility to pass judgement on others, and demand respect is unbelievably bizarre.

Again, the war is NOT unjustified (small matter of UN resolutions, plus a signed cease fire that was not complied with by one of the parties...namely Iraq). The military is not designed, equipped not trained to patrol US borders EXCEPT in times of war, nor are they a civilian police force chartered with the responsibility of drug law enforcement...in fact, federal law explicitly prohibits such action by the military.

As for fighting an enemy "we dont understand, in a method that is outdated."...that surely applies to the poster. Some of us understand clearly who the enemy is and what they are up to, but the poster and friends REFUSE to accept the truth. The enemy wants YOU and YOURS dead...period. They want your land, your money and everything else that is yours....As for the methodology used in combatting said enemy....again, the poster has NO clue as to what military tactics, strategy or procedure is appropriate. In other places and other times, the poster would be locked up in an asylum. That is generally what happens to the incurably insane.

How a 20 something year old college student could profess to know all about the military, what is good for the country, has the ability and responsibility to pass judgement on others, and demand respect is unbelievably bizarre.

I don't profess to "know all." I merely offer my opinions, same as you do. We all have opinions. Message boards like this one are the place where we all post our opinions.
I just so happens that I am right and you aren't. :banana2:

Gabriella84 said:
I don't profess to "know all." I merely offer my opinions, same as you do. We all have opinions. Message boards like this one are the place where we all post our opinions.
I just so happens that I am right and you aren't. :banana2:
Of course you are....

Forum List

Back