This Is Why The NRA Opposes ANY Anti-Gun Legislation...

Grasshopper, Gun control is as affective as prohibition... lol
Yeah, right. Like that is the experience of the other industrialised nations. Still, gun nuts gonna nut.
Areas of the country with the least amount of gun control are the safest, and they have the most privately owned firearms. And the least violent crime. Fact

Bump stocks are a side issue because accuracy when using one is virtually nil. Furthermore, they cause the gun being used to overheat.

It was accurate enough to murder 59 people a few nights ago

Only when firing into a crowd of 22,000 people confined to a concert area. The bernie sanders supporter who tried to murder the entire Republican baseball team couldn't murder anyone even though he had a rifle...they were too spread out.....if the guy had a bump stock, odds are he wouldn't have hit anyone....

...and why the Pro-Abortionists are much the same way about opposing ANY ban on anything related to outlawing abortions:

Pelosi: I sure hope a ban on bump stocks is a slippery slope to more gun control - Hot Air

IMO both groups fear / believe that if they give even an inch on ANYTHING the rabid partisans 'on the other side' will see it as 'blood in the water' and will only demand more and more and more.....

As I stated in other threads, they can show their goodwill by doing things like supporting national CCW reciprocity and having NYC abandon its infringing Handgun laws.

Fine . So long as the other state meets the same standards as the 2nd state .

NYC only issues a CCW if they feel like it.

and anything beyond a background check and maybe a safety class is infringement.

How is violent crime in NYC?

High enough to need a gun for protection.

As I stated in other threads, they can show their goodwill by doing things like supporting national CCW reciprocity and having NYC abandon its infringing Handgun laws.

Fine . So long as the other state meets the same standards as the 2nd state .

NYC only issues a CCW if they feel like it.

and anything beyond a background check and maybe a safety class is infringement.

How is violent crime in NYC?

Not material to the conversation. I have a right to be armed in my own home if I so choose so, and NYC has no right to impose such restrictions as they do on something as simple as a revolver.

It is down which means they are doing much better than we are nationally. And much better than places handing out lots of concealed carry...

No.....they are dismantling the crime techniques Rudy Guilianni created to lower the democrat crime rate....

Re-civilize the Streets

Under pressure from race advocates, the New York Police Department has dramatically cut its pedestrian stops in high-crime neighborhoods.

Because this rollback of proactive policing has not yet affected New York’s ongoing crime decline (which defies the national post-Ferguson crime increase), critics charge that public-order enforcement is a dispensable crime-fighting tool. They are wrong. The decriminalization of public-order violations, also known as Broken Windows policing, has not yet been in place long enough to have had an effect on public safety. The NYPD has remained fully committed to its revolutionary data-analysis system known as CompStat: the weekly meetings in which top brass grill precinct commanders about crime patterns on their watch. The maintenance of CompStat accountability is the primary reason that crime remains low. But New York’s crime decline is now being carried along by another factor: gentrification, which occurred only because of the policing induced crime drop.

Given the demographics of street crime, driven by vastly different rates of out-of wedlock childbearing, an alteration in white–black population ratios will inevitably affect crime rates. And the demographic numbers are startling. In Brooklyn’s Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood, for example, the number of white residents rose 1,235 percent from 2000 to 2015, while the black population decreased by 17 percent, reports City Lab. In Bushwick, Brooklyn, the number of whites rose 610 percent over that same decade and a half; the black population was down 22 percent. Central Harlem’s white population rose 846 percent; the black share dropped 10 percent. In 2000, whites were about three-quarters of the black population in Brownsville-Ocean Hill; by 2015, there were twice as many whites as blacks. In 2000, whites were one-third of the black population in Crown Heights North and Prospect Heights; now they exceed the black population by 20,000.

Bump stocks are a side issue because accuracy when using one is virtually nil. Furthermore, they cause the gun being used to overheat.

It was accurate enough to murder 59 people a few nights ago

Only when firing into a crowd of 22,000 people confined to a concert area. The bernie sanders supporter who tried to murder the entire Republican baseball team couldn't murder anyone even though he had a rifle...they were too spread out.....if the guy had a bump stock, odds are he wouldn't have hit anyone....
Bingo!!
Bump stocks and accuracy are not ever used together. Try to hit something accurately with full auto... good luck. Lol

That’s why it’s called suppression fire progressives are stupid

Not material to the conversation. I have a right to be armed in my own home if I so choose so, and NYC has no right to impose such restrictions as they do on something as simple as a revolver.

It is down which means they are doing much better than we are nationally. And much better than places handing out lots of concealed carry...

Correlation does not equal causation.

I can see why they want to keep their crime down.

That has nothing to do with the crime rate. Broken windows policing is what brought it down, something DiBlasio wants to end.

Interesting claim. Fact is they are doing much better than places with lots of concealed carry. The claim of that lowering crime seems to be proven wrong again.

Their low crime rate has nothing to do with their gun control....and everything to do with the Guiliani crime fighting techniques..which they are getting rid of........so their crime rate is about to sky rocket....

No.....they are dismantling the crime techniques Rudy Guilianni created to lower the democrat crime rate....

NYC crime dropped under Bloomberg, and dropped again under DeBlasio.

If the streets were as dangerous as they were under Giuliani, NY wouldn't be rated the safest big city.

No.....self defense justifies owning a rifle.

A rifle for self defense? Maybe against zombies.

Nope......when the democrats rioted over Rodney King....the Korean store owners stopped their stores from being looted and burned because they had rifles.

When the democrats rioted in St. Louis and Balitmore, the stores that had employees armed with rifles kept the stores from being looted and burned.

Rifles have been used to fight off home invaders......

Self defense rifles are used for self defense.

If the streets were as dangerous as they were under Giuliani, NY wouldn't be rated the safest big city.

Bloomberg used Guilianis techniques.....deblasio is getting rid of them....

Crazy people live in New York City, it’s not worth the hassle living there

Correlation does not equal causation.

I can see why they want to keep their crime down.

That has nothing to do with the crime rate. Broken windows policing is what brought it down, something DiBlasio wants to end.

Interesting claim. Fact is they are doing much better than places with lots of concealed carry. The claim of that lowering crime seems to be proven wrong again.

No....you lie, you know the stats, and then pretend you don't....troll....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...
-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Their low crime rate has nothing to do with their gun control....and everything to do with the Guiliani crime fighting techniques..which they are getting rid of........so their crime rate is about to sky rocket....

Yet the crime rate is still going down.

Forum List

Back