This Is Why The NRA Opposes ANY Anti-Gun Legislation...

Like Nevada and Florida?
Like Wyoming, South Dakota North Dakota Montana… Etc.

Do any of those states have a city bigger than 80,000? You are talking empty wilderness .
My point exactly, People kill people firearms have nothing to do with it… Quit falling down the well

Gun nuts never compare apples to apples . Like Bozeman can compare to a major city .
Well, firearms outnumber people many, many times over in these areas… Hence less crime.
Quit falling down the well

The deer outnumber people . Maybe it's more deer hence less crime !

Like Wyoming, South Dakota North Dakota Montana… Etc.

Do any of those states have a city bigger than 80,000? You are talking empty wilderness .
My point exactly, People kill people firearms have nothing to do with it… Quit falling down the well

Gun nuts never compare apples to apples . Like Bozeman can compare to a major city .
Well, firearms outnumber people many, many times over in these areas… Hence less crime.

You’re the one that saying firearms control people...
Millions and millions of Americans own firearms, millions and millions of firearms are used to kill nobody.
There is much more of a chance of people falling off the bed and dying then someone dying from someone using an AR style sporting rifle.

As I stated in other threads, they can show their goodwill by doing things like supporting national CCW reciprocity and having NYC abandon its infringing Handgun laws.
Again, IMO, it's about FEAR and MIS-TRUST. 'Give an inch...'
I would hope that both sides, whether they admit it or not, can see both sides.

Since when does government not try and stop what is clearly not an accident? The comparison is made between gun deaths and those killed in car accidents. Well a whole lot is done to prevent car accidents so logically when something like Las Vegas happens those in the government think that this unnecessary lost of life could be prevented, it only seems natural.

The "slippery slope" argument has to stop somewhere. If is nuclear weapons? tanks? Assault rifles? My opinion, if the local police can carry the weapon then anyone can.

On the one hand I can see that those who are elected want to protect the citizens, whether or not the other side paints it as trying to take away rights.

On the other hand I can see where someone would legitimately want a weapon to protect themselves. I can see that any restriction on what the weapon may be can be seen as an attack on their "right" to bear arms.

The disservice that these maniacs do to the country far exceeds anything that the gun control nuts could ever say.

The solutions are not easy, if there is a solution. Or are we too far down the rabbits hole to ever be able to get "control?" Are people like the Las Vegas shooter just a product of years of unrestrained gun control? Something that we must live with, much like we must live with the fact that we sell alcohol even though it kills many many more it is just not news anymore?

Millions and millions of Americans own firearms, millions and millions of firearms are used to kill nobody.
There is much more of a chance of people falling off the bed and dying then someone dying from someone using an AR style sporting rifle.
If someone made a bed that caused people to fall out and get hurt could you see the government trying to do something to stop the sale of such a bed?

...and why the Pro-Abortionists are much the same way about opposing ANY ban on anything related to outlawing abortions:

Pelosi: I sure hope a ban on bump stocks is a slippery slope to more gun control - Hot Air

IMO both groups fear / believe that if they give even an inch on ANYTHING the rabid partisans 'on the other side' will see it as 'blood in the water' and will only demand more and more and more.....

And shows the reason why I made the thread about you don't have to be 100% for or against every conceivable thing.
And, as the articles states, Pelosi once again shows how utterly useless and stupid she is. A number of conservatives, like myself, have the common sense to be open on banning bump stocks. It makes sense. They only exist to circumvent the auto ban.
But - you are correct, by showing her ass she has likely killed any hope of such a ban.

They are all idiots.
I'm right there with you on being open about such things as Bump Stocks. The arguments that it is for 'sport shooting', 'Hunting', or 'cause the constitution says we can have one' doesn't carry any weight, especially when things like this shooting are going on.
Bump stocks are a side issue because accuracy when using one is virtually nil. Furthermore, they cause the gun being used to overheat.
Thus you give two reasons to ban them. One, the only time they would be of use is when firing into a crowd, as we saw. Two, they are useless for anything else like protecting the home or person. They are something that makes a legal gun illegal, thus they should be made illegal.

No one is out to ban guns. Just for some controls to keep them out of the hands of bad guys and crazies . And stuff like these bump stocks should be a no brainer.

No one is out to ban guns. Just for some controls to keep them out of the hands of bad guys and crazies . And stuff like these bump stocks should be a no brainer.
That is the ultimate goal of the progressive/control freak, gun control is all about control. Criminals do not obey laws and crazy people ignore them. Bump stocks are an nothing issue, they were never great sellers for me and most shops till Vegas, now i am sold out of them and 30rd magazines. It’s funny progressives light their hair on fire about things like bump stocks and magazines all the sudden. Lol
you quit falling down the well

As I stated in other threads, they can show their goodwill by doing things like supporting national CCW reciprocity and having NYC abandon its infringing Handgun laws.
Fear and mistrust. The same rationale used to justify ownership of semi-automatic weapons.
The Federal government is the real enemy
Go get 'em! They have the 82nd Airborne and you got a gun.
Only fool would think the military, police and fire would back the federal government against its own citizens to disarm america. Lol
Timothy McVeigh? Is that you?

Took them long enough
Took them long enough? Did you read what I posted? The NRA banned the use of Bump Stocks from their own shooting ranges BEFORE Democrats began writing legislation to regulate / ban them.
Because they aren't accurate. It doesn't matter though democrats just need to feel better and passing laws no matter if they work makes them feel like they did something.
Because there is no one law that's going to stop every right wing nut from shooting up a place.

We are all about lowering the number of incidences you stupid fuck. If a nut can't go to a gun show and buy a gun without a background check, that might stop someone or multiple people from getting shot. Could he go out and buy a black market gun? Or could he pass the background check and still go on his rampage? Sure he could ya dumb fuck, but even if the god damn background check saved one life wouldn't it be worth it?

You can't wait 3 days to get your hands on your big gun to compensate for your little dick?
Paddock bought every single one of his guns legally. He passed the background check. So far your laws have done zilch to prevent mass shootings.
Then change the laws

Took them long enough
Took them long enough? Did you read what I posted? The NRA banned the use of Bump Stocks from their own shooting ranges BEFORE Democrats began writing legislation to regulate / ban them.
Because they aren't accurate. It doesn't matter though democrats just need to feel better and passing laws no matter if they work makes them feel like they did something.
Because there is no one law that's going to stop every right wing nut from shooting up a place.

We are all about lowering the number of incidences you stupid fuck. If a nut can't go to a gun show and buy a gun without a background check, that might stop someone or multiple people from getting shot. Could he go out and buy a black market gun? Or could he pass the background check and still go on his rampage? Sure he could ya dumb fuck, but even if the god damn background check saved one life wouldn't it be worth it?

You can't wait 3 days to get your hands on your big gun to compensate for your little dick?
Paddock bought every single one of his guns legally. He passed the background check. So far your laws have done zilch to prevent mass shootings.
Then change the laws
You mean repeal the 2nd Amendment? Good luck with that.

Fear and mistrust. The same rationale used to justify ownership of semi-automatic weapons.
The Federal government is the real enemy
Go get 'em! They have the 82nd Airborne and you got a gun.
Only fool would think the military, police and fire would back the federal government against its own citizens to disarm america. Lol
Timothy McVeigh? Is that you?
I think he’s dead...
Military, police and fire overwhelmingly support the Second Amendment...

No.....they are dismantling the crime techniques Rudy Guilianni created to lower the democrat crime rate....

NYC crime dropped under Bloomberg, and dropped again under DeBlasio.

If the streets were as dangerous as they were under Giuliani, NY wouldn't be rated the safest big city.

Bloomberg continued Guiliani's tactics, DiBlasio is cutting back.

And certain crime statistics in NYC are going up.

NYC Officials Tout New Low in Crime, but Homicide, Rape, Robbery Rose

No.....they are dismantling the crime techniques Rudy Guilianni created to lower the democrat crime rate....

NYC crime dropped under Bloomberg, and dropped again under DeBlasio.

If the streets were as dangerous as they were under Giuliani, NY wouldn't be rated the safest big city.

Bloomberg continued Guiliani's tactics, DiBlasio is cutting back.

And certain crime statistics in NYC are going up.

NYC Officials Tout New Low in Crime, but Homicide, Rape, Robbery Rose

It is only the beginning.......the anti gunners think that crime statisitics are static...and last forever.......they don't understand that there are reasons crime rates are low.......and reasons that they go up......

I really don’t care about bump stocks, But it is a fact if they banned them they will not stop till all guns are banned
Any ban, against anything “gun” they can get. They’ll take the 2A down a bite at a time if they have to.

I really don’t care about bump stocks, But it is a fact if they banned them they will not stop till all guns are banned
Any ban, against anything “gun” they can get. They’ll take the 2A down a bite at a time if they have to.

And this is the thing....since criminals aren't stopped by laws...and mass shooters can pass any law they create, each weapon, accessory, magazine, or bullet they ban.....allows them to go after the next item on their list after the next mass shooting.....The top items right now....bump stocks, of course, then rifles, and magazines......then, the next mass shooting after they get those...when the guy uses a hand gun with several 10 round magazines...they will go after those hand guns.....till the next mass shooting when the guy uses several revolvers...and on, and on and on....

the biggest reasons why we can't have a "common sense" talk about gun control in america:

this is beyond pathetic and not even close to what a bump stock is. why the lies? it has to be intentional because all the other outlets i've seen got it right. and a silencer w/grenade launcher? nice touch, cnn.
CNN Graphic Explaining Bump Fire Stocks Doesn't Include Bump Fire Stock, Does Include Grenade Launcher and Silencer

then go ask questions that have been answered to death with logic and reasoning but - put on a show and act like it's a new revelation that no one has ever addressed.
Manipulative Editing Reflects Poorly On Katie Couric, Gun Documentary

or hell, let's just change the rules midstream and see who notices - and no, green tipped bullets are *NOT* armor piercing so once again the gov tries to lie in order to ban the ammo for the gun they can't ban.
Katie Pavlich: What’s really behind the ban on AR-15 green-tip ammo?

then there are countless times the media after *any shooting* (and yes, there are far too many and we do need to figure something out) will say the person had an assault rifle / fully automatic weapons when in fact they do not and it is highly difficult to obtain those anyway. but they don't care, keep saying it and raise the fear level in an already tragic time.

now anyone who is educated about guns - whether you're for or against tighter control - knows each and every one of these is bullshit. lies and pimping more fear where honestly it doesn't need the help. if they can't take away the guns they'll tax the bullets. so where again is the "common sense"?

where again is the good faith common sense approach they are asking for in the middle of their abject lies and stupidity? if you were educated on a topic and could see the bullrush from the other side and the bullshit they're willing to do to get what THEY feel necessary, would you talk to them without your guard up, if at all?

when they lie like they do in this regard, the left can't be taken seriously when you ask for "common sense" legislation because you're only after control, not addressing the very problem you're using to get said control.

and no way in hell will i ever trust that stance to play fair with me when i see them so willing to lie.

Last edited:
...and why the Pro-Abortionists are much the same way about opposing ANY ban on anything related to outlawing abortions:

Pelosi: I sure hope a ban on bump stocks is a slippery slope to more gun control - Hot Air

IMO both groups fear / believe that if they give even an inch on ANYTHING the rabid partisans 'on the other side' will see it as 'blood in the water' and will only demand more and more and more.....
Really have to love this type of logic. And has the imposing of special restrictions on the ownership of .45 Thompson's resulted in restrictive gun control? However, it is so exciting to see classrooms full of kids blown away. Nightclubs full of revelers shot to peices, a Country and Western concert have hundreds of casualties from one gunmen. What would you gun nuts do without your weekly entertainment?

And this is the thing....since criminals aren't stopped by laws...and mass shooters can pass any law they create, each weapon, accessory, magazine, or bullet they ban.....allows them to go after the next item on their list after the next mass shooting.....The top items right now....bump stocks, of course, then rifles, and magazines......then, the next mass shooting after they get those...when the guy uses a hand gun with several 10 round magazines...they will go after those hand guns.....till the next mass shooting when the guy uses several revolvers...and on, and on and on....
Ah yes, several revolvers from 32 stories up and 400 yards away. 2a, you are getting more out there every day. I do believe that a nice spell in an institution would be a good thing for you.

Really have to love this type of logic. And has the imposing of special restrictions on the ownership of .45 Thompson's resulted in restrictive gun control? However, it is so exciting to see classrooms full of kids blown away. Nightclubs full of revelers shot to peices, a Country and Western concert have hundreds of casualties from one gunmen. What would you gun nuts do without your weekly entertainment?

And did calls for gun control stop after making the .45 hard to get? Was that the end of the calls for gun control? Or was it just one step leading to the next category of weapon, accessory and bullet that you assholes call for after each mass public shooting?

Lets see....rifle bans...yep, you want those. Magazine bans....yep, you want those. Silencers...yep, you want those. And your magazine and rifle bans...you piggy back hand gun bans with those too...since you ban magazines that hold more than 10 rounds....banning many types of pistols whose standard magazines re 15-19....so yep, you want those hand guns too.....and then you will move on to bolt action rifles......since the Texas Tower shooter killed 18 people in one go with one of those.....and then you will want 6 shot revolvers....

it is a step by step process with you...we know what you want, we know how you plan to get there, and we are saying, No.

Total number of mass public shootings in 2016....6. Total number of people murdered....71.

Total number of guns in private hands......600,000,000.

Total number of people carrying guns for self defense....over 16,300,000.'

So....you can drag the dead bodies of children in front of cameras to push your agenda....but law abiding gun owners did not commit those crimes....their guns were not used to commit murder.......

When you call for banning Trucks.....one truck murdered 89 people...more than any mass public shooting ever, in the United States...since you seem to use the number of dead as your leverage to attack innocent gun owners.....till you ban trucks...you have no leg to stand on...asshole.

Cars too...since cars have killed 35,616 people in 2015 alone..........

Forum List

Back