This is why people hate cops

Well that's another issue and another topic that I'll get into sometimes but its women serving in a public office where they have no business being because just there being there endangers public safety.

I work with female cops every day. They make up almost a third of my division. They are some of the best operators I've ever worked with.

Policing isn't about being a tough guy ... policing is about communications. Use of force is what happens when communications breaks down.

I recall being a young guy, a kid really, and I worked at the local supermarket. This placed was packed on Saturdays, these cops walked the grounds and also directed traffic.

There was an older cop, who often paired with a younger one. The differences between them were striking. Anyways, the older cop would call me aside to hang out with him when he went for a smoke (back when it was more standard for cops to take smoke breaks). I'd chat with him on the side of the store.

He shared a lot of stories and we got along fairly well. One day, he says to me, "you see that guy over there (the younger cop)? "Yeah". "He's not going to make retirement". I was puzzled, and didn't want to pry as he was an authority figure.

He went on, "in my 30 years as an officer, do you know how many times I've pulled my gun"? "No" I answered. "Not once. The reason is, I'm much better with my mouth than my weapon". He then went on to point at this cop who was literally barking orders at people, some of it warranted I suppose as people get crazy in the heat and their parking skills are horrendous. I did notice though he would yell at people often, a power tripper of sorts, he enjoyed it.

Anyways, he tells me "that guy is too wound up, too tense, he's escalating interactions with people all the time. You don't want to do that when you're a police officer because it puts everyone in more danger, you calm the situation.

He used to tell me some great stories. Some of it went above my head, but he did work in Chicago and even in the 80's he explained how rough it was, but he did well. I sometimes wonder how his life went, he imparted some good information on an impressionable kid.

Yanno, that sounds a lot like the pair who pulled guns on me for no reason. They both pulled the guns, but it was the younger one who kept mouthing off going "WHAT THE FUCK YOU DOING WALKING AROUND WITHOUT ID" and "WE'RE TRYING TO SOLVE A FUCKING HOMICIDE IS THAT ALRIGHT WITH YOU??" when I inquired as to what was going on. Much like the pair on the old "Adam-12" TV series, the older cooler head paired with a hothead.
''no reason''' hahahahhahahahahahhaha

Okay fair enough. Nothing happens for no reason.

They jumped me because I was the only one around. It was late at night and they needed a victim. I was available.

Happy now? I sure was.
unless you can come up with more recent stats
'''''''The majority of persons who requested police assistance felt the officers acted properly (93%) and were helpful (86%).''''''
etc
once AGAIN--I provide FACTS--not crap like you anti-coppers
BOOM
https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/rpa11.pdf

most of the cops don't have the time to harass people

Some can find the time. I was stopped a few years ago for not having a tag on the back of my car. Either it fell off or maybe some twat stole it, but I hadn't even noticed.

I've never known what made him angry with me at that stop, but he started a campaign of stalking and harassment that went on for months and it really sucked yak ass.

it's not 5 or 10 cops doing it ALL together --like these jackass kids--SIXTY!!
INCREDIBLE - yes, VIOLENT flash mobs = blacks
your OP is pure crap---no evidence to back it up

If you'd ever ventured out of your mother's basement you might know by now that this kind of shit goes on all the time and has been for --- at least as long as I can remember.

Don't be naíve.
sure it does --ALL the time--in your mind
I've never had a problem with cops--never committed a crime

No, on my street actually.
And there was no crime, at least not on my part. But then there didn't need to be.

Did there.

And by the way Gummo --- "duh it never happened to me, duh" is not the same thing as "it doesn't happen at all", Dumbass.

Some can find the time. I was stopped a few years ago for not having a tag on the back of my car. Either it fell off or maybe some twat stole it, but I hadn't even noticed.

I've never known what made him angry with me at that stop, but he started a campaign of stalking and harassment that went on for months and it really sucked yak ass.
sure he did--just like Smollet said also
I provide FACTS--you people provide bullshit
93% !!!

one of the better comment I heard about cops is that cops used to be seen as PEACE KEEPERS but nowadays they are seen as LAW ENFORCEMENT . I thought that that was a good observation .

93% !!!

LOL! Yeah, ok Mr. Gump

The system works and a Deputy Sheriff was arrested for violating the law. Meanwhile 66 Police Officers died in the line of duty so far this year. Tell me again why you hate Cops? Who ya gonna call when things go bump in the night you freaking hypocrites?
The system "didn't work" for these people.

I work with female cops every day. They make up almost a third of my division. They are some of the best operators I've ever worked with.

Policing isn't about being a tough guy ... policing is about communications. Use of force is what happens when communications breaks down.

I recall being a young guy, a kid really, and I worked at the local supermarket. This placed was packed on Saturdays, these cops walked the grounds and also directed traffic.

There was an older cop, who often paired with a younger one. The differences between them were striking. Anyways, the older cop would call me aside to hang out with him when he went for a smoke (back when it was more standard for cops to take smoke breaks). I'd chat with him on the side of the store.

He shared a lot of stories and we got along fairly well. One day, he says to me, "you see that guy over there (the younger cop)? "Yeah". "He's not going to make retirement". I was puzzled, and didn't want to pry as he was an authority figure.

He went on, "in my 30 years as an officer, do you know how many times I've pulled my gun"? "No" I answered. "Not once. The reason is, I'm much better with my mouth than my weapon". He then went on to point at this cop who was literally barking orders at people, some of it warranted I suppose as people get crazy in the heat and their parking skills are horrendous. I did notice though he would yell at people often, a power tripper of sorts, he enjoyed it.

Anyways, he tells me "that guy is too wound up, too tense, he's escalating interactions with people all the time. You don't want to do that when you're a police officer because it puts everyone in more danger, you calm the situation.

He used to tell me some great stories. Some of it went above my head, but he did work in Chicago and even in the 80's he explained how rough it was, but he did well. I sometimes wonder how his life went, he imparted some good information on an impressionable kid.

Yanno, that sounds a lot like the pair who pulled guns on me for no reason. They both pulled the guns, but it was the younger one who kept mouthing off going "WHAT THE FUCK YOU DOING WALKING AROUND WITHOUT ID" and "WE'RE TRYING TO SOLVE A FUCKING HOMICIDE IS THAT ALRIGHT WITH YOU??" when I inquired as to what was going on. Much like the pair on the old "Adam-12" TV series, the older cooler head paired with a hothead.

They jumped me because I was the only one around. It was late at night and they needed a victim. I was available.

Happy now? I sure was.
'''''''The majority of persons who requested police assistance felt the officers acted properly (93%) and were helpful (86%).''''''
etc
BOOM

Actually you just shot your own "facts" in the foot.

Roll tape.

the only people that hate cops are jackass criminals or those who love criminals

That's an absolute, Dumbass. Now you're trying to back "the only people" up to a "93%".

You lose.

If you were a baseball infielder and only handled 93% of your chances you'd be riding the bench.

Happy now? I sure was.
etc
BOOM

Actually you just shot your own "facts" in the foot.

Roll tape.

the only people that hate cops are jackass criminals or those who love criminals

That's an absolute, Dumbass. Now you're trying to back "the only people" up to a "93%".

You lose.

If you were a baseball infielder and only handled 93% of your chances you'd be riding the bench.
93%
....as usual with a lot of members, they post some dumbass hypothesis --with NO evidence--then I come in and blow their shit away with FACTS
..it's actually easy blowing your and their shit away
hahahahahhaha

93% !!!

LOL! Yeah, ok Mr. Gump
you people always have very impressive evidence
hahahhahahahhaha

93% !!!

LOL! Yeah, ok Mr. Gump
you people always have very impressive evidence
hahahhahahahhaha

We have experiences. You have LA LA LA I'M NOT LISTENING and a string of nervous fake laughter.

One day at work, a kid (10-years-old) was stabbed during a robbery (for his phone). The attacker was seen getting on a train, headed in my direction. The description of the attacker was very specific, male, tall, black, wearing a blue puffer jacket and carrying a white and blacked checked backpack.

Several minutes later, a man fitting that description to a T exited a train at a station two stops away. When police stopped the man to question him, it was clear from his demeanor and actions that he was probably not the attacker. He very much looked like someone on his way home from work or school.

However, I was obligated to identify him and search him for signs he might have been the attacker. He was polite, but visibly angry about being singled out for a search. Inside his backpack were college medical texts.

The entire transaction took less than two minutes and he was on his way with my apologies.

However, I still feel bad to this day that his memory of this event, and the story he recounts to others, is about the day he was stopped for no reason except being a black man.

Perceptions and reality are often quite different and even those involved in an incident will come away with very different accounts of what happened

Last edited:
One day at work, a kid (10-years-old) was stabbed during a robbery (for his phone). The attacker was seen getting on a train, headed in my direction. The description of the attacker was very specific, male, tall, black, wearing a blue puffer jacked and carrying a white and blacked checked backpack.

Several minutes later, a man fitting that description to a T exited a train at a station two stops away. When police stopped the man to question him, it was clear from his demeanor and actions that he was probably not the attacker. He very much looked like someone on his way home from work or school.

However, I was obligated to identify him and search him for signs he might have been the attacker. He was polite, but visibly angry about being singled out for a search. Inside his backpack were college medical texts.

The entire transaction took less than two minutes and he was on his way with my apologies.

However, I still feel bad to this day that his memory of this event, and the story he recounts to others, is about the day he was stopped for no reason except being a black man.

Perceptions and reality are often quite different and even those involved in an incident will come away with very different accounts of what happened

The experience I alluded to was different in two ways: One, I didn't resemble the suspect in any way at all (thus spake the eyewitness), and two, the accosting cops never apologized. In fact they never even bothered to identify themselves at all. Just pulled guns and started barking orders and breaking out the handcuffs.

That just ain't right.

one of the better comment I heard about cops is that cops used to be seen as PEACE KEEPERS but nowadays they are seen as LAW ENFORCEMENT . I thought that that was a good observation .

A peace keeper (or peace maker) forces people into orderly behavior. Law enforcement brings people before the courts for a court to decide guilt or innocent and an appropriate punishment.

While a peace keeper might sound like a desirable goal, law enforcement is much more descriptive of the job they do.

One day at work, a kid (10-years-old) was stabbed during a robbery (for his phone). The attacker was seen getting on a train, headed in my direction. The description of the attacker was very specific, male, tall, black, wearing a blue puffer jacked and carrying a white and blacked checked backpack.

The experience I alluded to was different in two ways: One, I didn't resemble the suspect in any way at all (thus spake the eyewitness), and two, the accosting cops never apologized. In fact they never even bothered to identify themselves at all. Just pulled guns and started barking orders and breaking out the handcuffs.

I have no doubt that is the way your remember it.

A peace keeper (or peace maker) forces people into orderly behavior. Law enforcement brings people before the courts for a court to decide guilt or innocent and an appropriate punishment.

While a peace keeper might sound like a desirable goal, law enforcement is much more descriptive of the job they do.
----------------------------- and I don't like it . I had an old retired Sheriff tell me one day as we were talking that he and his older generation of cops were nothing like the new generation of cops and I agree in my mind and thinking with his comment Fnneco .

I have no doubt that is the way your remember it.

It is, because it's exactly what went down. I literally had to figure out for myself that these were cops.

Forum List

Back