This is why I hate Welfare , and other programs

So you arent against the law breaking you're against the welfare program because...it makes criminals? I dont understand you point

I tried the Section 8 thing years ago.. it's a fucking DISASTER. They move in, trash the place, steal everything not nailed down and they're gone in 6 months and you have to spend a fortune to get it back up to government specs before you can rent it again.

Were they all like that? No.. but I bet you 75% were.

you should look into that. At least here where i live any project like this (housing project) must be posted to all neighbors and its impact reviewed. If they did not do that you have the right to stop its building.

I am sorry, but i do agree with you. It will turn you neighborhood into a slum.

The weird part is that it is about 5-10 acres and it's slapped between a gas station and a doctors office along a semi-main road... They actually cut down a forest to build it.

At first it appeared it was going to be an assisted living facility - that's what the original sign said - now they changed the sign to "community living center" sponsored by HUD with "equal opportunity housing" plastered everywhere and that is nothing more than a PC term for "housing project."

"Community living center" + "equal opportunity housing" = public housing project :lol:

I love the PC government lingo tho. It's pretty insulting..

I thought Chicago was done building housing projects after they closed down Cabrini Green?

I don't live in the actual city I live in a suburb of Chicago (pretty close to the city)..

That's the thing - they tore down all the city projects and it appears now they're building projects in the suburbs...

They're sending the gangbangers and criminals out to the suburbs - or relocating them.

Not that the town I live in lacks gangs, its just the "gangbangers" around here are wannabe gangbangers who know their limit and most wont go too far with their wannabe gangsta shit... Those city boys on the other hand mean business and they will shoot, rob, steal and vandalize property..

I don't want that shit here, nor do I want to have to fight people for no reason just to walk to the gas station to get a pack of smokes or whatever...

Those welfare fools will walk right up into my community and act like they own the place. Then they will bring their fucking gangs to patrol this neighborhood..

It's going to be awful...

The weird part is that it is about 5-10 acres and it's slapped between a gas station and a doctors office along a semi-main road... They actually cut down a forest to build it.

At first it appeared it was going to be an assisted living facility - that's what the original sign said - now they changed the sign to "community living center" sponsored by HUD with "equal opportunity housing" plastered everywhere and that is nothing more than a PC term for "housing project."

"Community living center" + "equal opportunity housing" = public housing project :lol:

I love the PC government lingo tho. It's pretty insulting..

I thought Chicago was done building housing projects after they closed down Cabrini Green?

I don't live in the actual city I live in a suburb of Chicago (pretty close to the city)..

That's the thing - they tore down all the city projects and it appears now they're building projects in the suburbs...

They're sending the gangbangers and criminals out to the suburbs - or relocating them.

Not that the town I live in lacks gangs, its just the "gangbangers" around here are wannabe gangbangers who know their limit and most wont go too far with their wannabe gangsta shit... Those city boys on the other hand mean business and they will shoot, rob, steal and vandalize property..

I don't want that shit here, nor do I want to have to fight people for no reason just to walk to the gas station to get a pack of smokes or whatever...

Those welfare fools will walk right up into my community and act like they own the place. Then they will bring their fucking gangs to patrol this neighborhood..

Hmm the same thing is happening in California I believe, I visited a friend of mine who lives in Los Angeles a few years ago and we visited some family friends of his down in Lancaster which is right outside the actual city of Los Angeles, evidently the city of LA closed down the Jordan Downs housing projects in Watts and relocated a bunch of the residents out there to Lancaster, so their crime rate has went through the roof. I guess people think that if you just move the projects out of the inner cities into the suburbs the residents will act better but so far I have yet to see that idea pan out, if anything they still act the same and violence just spreads out to other areas.

Hmm the same thing is happening in California I believe, I visited a friend of mine who lives in Los Angeles a few years ago and we visited some family friends of his down in Lancaster which is right outside the actual city of Los Angeles, evidently the city of LA closed down the Jordan Downs housing projects in Watts and relocated a bunch of the residents out there to Lancaster, so their crime rate has went through the roof. I guess people think that if you just move the projects out of the inner cities into the suburbs the residents will act better but so far I have yet to see that idea pan out, if anything they still act the same and violence just spreads out to other areas.

Well, this is the second round for the suburbs around me. Back in the 90's when Clinton pushed his welfare reform act, they did the same thing... That's when they started closing the projects down, then relocated them to the burbs. The crime rates in the targeted towns went through the roof. I'm talking mostly violent crime. Murders, rapes armed robberies, assaults ect...

That's why we have gangs here - they came with the welfare reform act...

They started knocking down projects in Chicago in 1993 or 1994 - almost 20 years ago. There are still projects tho.... I used to pass by half demolished projects every day and they stayed that way for a good 10 years... Most are down now and they had to drag the residents out kicking and screaming....

Now it appears they will be living across the street from me...

Well, this is the second round for the suburbs around me. Back in the 90's when Clinton pushed his welfare reform act, they did the same thing... That's when they started closing the projects down, then relocated them to the burbs. The crime rates in the targeted towns went through the roof. I'm talking mostly violent crime. Murders, rapes armed robberies, assaults ect...

They started knocking down projects in Chicago in 1993 or 1994 - almost 20 years ago. There are still projects tho.... I used to pass by half demolished projects every day and they stayed that way for a good 10 years... Most are down now and they had to drag the residents out kicking and screaming....

That is a terrible situation and I don't have any answers myself, if we turn off welfare altogether we will just end up with shanty towns like they have in Jamaica and South Africa, and our crime rates will soar through the roof.

That is a terrible situation and I don't have any answers myself, if we turn off welfare altogether we will just end up with shanty towns like they have in Jamaica and South Africa, and our crime rates will soar through the roof.

Or those on welfare could just get a job...

You know one of my best friends and certainly an older brother to me, was shot in his face and died because a relocated gangster brought his gang shit up here??

Of course his biological brother (my best friend or used to be my best friend) without his older brother went off and committed an armed robbery (which is brother would have forbid) at the age of 17 (1997) and then he was out for a year (2000) before he got popped for screwing a 15-year-old and got 16 years in prison for that, and he is still in prison and my best friend is now an institutionalized individual and he will never be the same..

You see how the dominoes fall??

Assholes like Clinton brought the ghetto to my friends and one is dead while the other has been in prison pretty much since he was 17 and now he is 32...

If his older brother was never murdered than my boy wouldn't be in prison right now.

Welcome to the W Bush/Voodoo Depression. While you're dancing the Pub Divide-and-Conquer hate dance while everyone but the rich spirals down, perhaps we could think of solutions, like bringing Pub outsourced and manufacturing jobs back home, raising tax rates on the bloated rich to produce jobs to repair our rusting, collapsing infrastructure, and fix the mortgage/health/college/training messes. Oh right, the Dems are...meanwhile, call social services on the knuckleheads.

Welcome to the W Bush/Voodoo Depression. While you're dancing the Pub Divide-and-Conquer hate dance while everyone but the rich spirals down, perhaps we could think of solutions, like bringing Pub outsourced and manufacturing jobs back home, raising tax rates on the bloated rich to produce jobs to repair our rusting, collapsing infrastructure, and fix the mortgage/health/college/training messes. Oh right, the Dems are...meanwhile, call social services on the knuckleheads.

Outsourcing creates jobs dummy...

Or those on welfare could just get a job...

You know one of my best friends and certainly an older brother to me, was shot in his face and died because a relocated gangster brought his gang shit up here??

Of course his biological brother (my best friend or used to be my best friend) without his older brother went off and committed an armed robbery (which is brother would have forbid) at the age of 17 (1997) and then he was out for a year (2000) before he got popped for screwing a 15-year-old and got 16 years in prison for that, and he is still in prison and my best friend is now an institutionalized individual and he will never be the same..

You see how the dominoes fall??

Assholes like Clinton brought the ghetto to my friends and one is dead while the other has been in prison pretty much since he was 17 and now he is 32...

If his older brother was never murdered than my boy wouldn't be in prison right now.

Saying they should get a job is simple but I think you know alot of those guys on welfare are not interested in upgrading their station in life, if someone in the projects gets even a minimum wage job they could lose a part of their welfare check or even the whole thing depending on what state they reside in, and these guys know that. They know the rules in and out and how to skate, I don't think everyone on welfare is bad either and I am sure some need it but it does seem like the system is abused alot, I am also sorry to hear about what happened to your friends, that is a very sad, terrible situation and I can understand why you would have resentment towards your new neighbors.

We have a rental property in our neighborhood, apparently the owners decided to put it as a section 8..

If you don't know the owners, how do you know they decided to make their house a Section 8 house?

Oh and I have heard gun shots from that house as well.

That is against the law. Have the police verified guns were fired in that house?

Or are they just slamming doors? 9-1-1 was recently called in my town in response to a "shots fired" call, and it turns out the couple inside were having a big argument and slamming doors.

So how do you know guns have been fired in the house?

The police told us they were section 8. I guess they found out and yes it was proven that they were shooting guns. About 8 cops were at their house but the people who shot the gun ran in the swamp behind the house and they could not find them.. I dont know if they got sighted or not

I strongly suggest making a real effort to find the owner of the home. I am sure they would very much appreciate being informed of the events going on at their house.

They wouldn't want overzealous police RICO-seizing it.

If you don't know the owners, how do you know they decided to make their house a Section 8 house?

That is against the law. Have the police verified guns were fired in that house?

Or are they just slamming doors? 9-1-1 was recently called in my town in response to a "shots fired" call, and it turns out the couple inside were having a big argument and slamming doors.

So how do you know guns have been fired in the house?

The police told us they were section 8. I guess they found out and yes it was proven that they were shooting guns. About 8 cops were at their house but the people who shot the gun ran in the swamp behind the house and they could not find them.. I dont know if they got sighted or not

I strongly suggest making a real effort to find the owner of the home. I am sure they would very much appreciate being informed of the events going on at their house.

They wouldn't want overzealous police RICO-seizing it.

I heard this from someone and anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but if a landlord rents to someone who is on section 8 they do get more money from the state or something right?

Not necessarily true. Section 8 pays up to $1400 a month in our town. That's more than what most landlords charge. We have welfare families living in condos at the beach. True story.

g5000 is correct lovebears. Our county planning board has tax records on line. All you have to do is enter the address of the property and the owner's name and address will pop up. Call the landlord. He will want to know.

We were about to evict one of our tenants who the neighbors suspected of dealing drugs. Fortunately, we told him that we would "let him out of his lease" if he left at the end of the month. He did. With his four kids and baby mamma. The place is still vacant, but the neighbors are happy. We will be more careful screening our next tenant.

Forum List

Back