This is what Psychoblues is talking about

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Psychoblues, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Edited to add the link Psycho neglected to add:

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache...ome+i+"nancy+greggs"&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1

In Response to Col. Jeffrey Snow
    Posted by NanceGreggs in General Discussion: Politics
    Fri Jun 30th 2006, 08:04 PM
    In Response to Col. Jeffrey Snow
    By Nancy Greggs

This morning you stated that the US could lose the war in Iraq because public support here at home is dwindling due to negative media coverage.

Well, I hate to be the one to break it to you, Jeffrey, but it’s not the coverage that is the problem here. It is the mounting casualties, both military and civilian. It is the wounded who come home day after day, only to realize that the freedoms they left to fight for no longer exist.

Our soldiers are not being abandoned by the populace; they are being abandoned by the government that sent them into this quagmire in the first place. They come home to find their benefits have been gutted, and their pensions have been slashed. Some of them come home to find their families facing bankruptcy, because the administration that sent them into combat in the first place have not provided even the basic necessities for their spouses and children to survive while they have been away. Some of them come home to find their jobs gone. Some of them don’t come home at all.

You have complained about the negative press this debacle is getting, and the fact that all we hear is the bad news and none of the good. Well, the obvious question would be: Where IS the good news?

While I doubt that public opinion can be swayed at this juncture, may I offer a few suggestions that might result in a more positive outlook?

Perhaps if the American public were to see their brave fighting forces given the equipment necessary to keep them safe, like sufficient body armour and vehicle armour, they might think a little more positively. An announcement that our soldiers are no longer showering or brushing their teeth with fetid water might also go a long way in terms of seeing things in a better light.

I can pretty much guarantee that a headline in every US newspaper that Halliburton has been forced to return the billions it has pocketed, money meant for rebuilding the nation we have so systematically destroyed, would brighten everyone’s outlook immensely. A few still photos of Baghdad at night, lit up like Times Square because the electrical grid is now working without a hitch, along with some shots of Iraqi children playing safely in the street while their parents set out for work that pays a decent wage – you’d be amazed at the reaction that would get right here on the home front.

Shutting down Abu Ghraib and declaring an end to the unjustified detainment and torture of innocent Iraqi civilians would put a smile on a lot of American faces. And the prosecution of the higher-ups, in the military and in our own government, who are responsible for these atrocities would probably lead to dancing on every Main Street in the USA.

You said, "I would hope we get the time and support we need to finish this mission." Had you stated what ‘the mission’ was, or how we will know when that mission is accomplished, you might have received a better response. We were told years ago that the mission had already been accomplished. When did it get un-accomplished? Or was it never really accomplished at all? The day you or anyone else can answer THAT question, truthfully and unequivocally, I assure you the mainstream news coverage will be positive and widespread.

Many Americans have sacrificed their loved ones to this war. They are being forced to spend their own hard-earned money to equip them for battle because the military won’t. They have had to bear the financial and emotional burden of caring for returning soldiers whose minds and bodies have been shattered. They have buried their own children, whose remains sometimes come home shipped as ‘freight’, because this government doesn’t have the common decency to ensure that a soldier’s final journey is conducted with dignity and care.

We, as a nation, watch as our fellow citizens fall into poverty, as our neighbors become homeless due to natural disaster, as our hospitals close and our children’s educations suffer for want of decent funding, as our jobs are outsourced. And we watch as our soldiers die, allegedly to accomplish a mission that no one can define nor explain.

And in the face of all of this, in the face of the billions of taxpayer dollars that either cannot be accounted for, or have wound up in the pockets of blatant war profiteers, in the face of the unending suffering the Iraqi people are enduring, you stand there and complain about the poor press.

Sir, you may not be the best PR person for this war. Your reasons for its unpopularity are ridiculous, and your articulation of those reasons less than sincere. But I will give you credit for one thing: You’ve got a lot of fuckin’ nerve.

I'll bet you have an excuse?

Psychoblues

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Who needs an excuse? All I see is typical loony-left gibberish. Nothing new here. Just teh same-old, worn-out BS arguments. Y'all REALLY need to try and get with reality.

3. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    So Nancy is a Psycho too.:duh3:

4. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    They're buds.:)

5. T-Bor

T-Bor Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Not unlike the typial Republican response below. If you see something you dont like you spin it off as "Typical loony Left-gibberish" . No Gunny, the things stated above are fact for many veterans that come home today. Not all of course but alot. You basically refuted nothing in the article and just came back with an insult. This sort of reply usually means the original poster posted something you your feeble little brain could not comprehend thus you come back with the typical republican reply below. Nice job.

6. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Rather hard to be a "typical Republican response" when I am not one.

Refuting arbitrary, concocted, spinning out of control arguments is pointless, and regardless the actual state my brain is in, it always seems to get over on your alcohol-fueled buddy, not to mention YOUR idiotic, extremist arguments.

Oh, that's right, you NEVER have made an argument, have you? I don't recall ever seeing anything you have posted besides personal attacks and extreme left-wing bullshit.

7. trobinett

trobinett Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +162
    Hmmm, kinda like the pot calling the......................:read:

8. trobinett

trobinett Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +162

Every side of a debate usually has some truth to it.

Such is the case with the article posted by Psycyho, there is some truth in it, you just have to look hard.

The troops DO come home, that's true.

There is a difference of opinion among the troops as to what our role in the region should be, that's true.

There HAVE been sacrifices, that's true.

MSM couldn't fine their ass with a flashlight, and a mirror, that's true.(Well, MAYBE with a mirror.)

The left IS getting ready to duck, and run, that's true.

Once the feel good boys, and girls, realized that this was a WAR, and not some police action, that could be played like a video game, they were ready to pack it in, that's true.

The posted article, and the opinions expressed by Psycho have little if any foundation in reality, or truth, that's VERY true.

If the left, and the rest of the turn coats would put as much energy into supporting the WOT, as they do running from the truth, the world would be a much safer place, and THATS THE TRUTH.:salute:

9. USMCDevilDog

USMCDevilDog Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Not to dismiss anything here, but Gunny, what is the reality?

10. T-Bor

T-Bor Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Yeah Gunny, if its such Gibberish you tell us what the reality is. Please provide sources with your opinions, we would like to see links to back up your fairy tales.