This is what my America is about.

zzzz

Just a regular American
Jul 24, 2010
Yountsville
In this day and age of gloom and doom there are instances where our fellow Americans stand and do good things to help our fellow Americans.

Here in my area one small historic church burned down this week and all the other churches offered a place to worship for the congregation of 30. Many other people offered help and I suspect when the church is rebuilt they will have plenty of help.

Next week another area church is offering free Thanksgiving meals to anyone who wants one. No donations are asked for and if you don't want to go and wait at the church they will deliver your meal to your house free of charge. Last year they even delivered meals into surrounding counties.

Looking for a place to get a Thanksgiving day meal without having to cook yourself?
If the answer to that question is yes, then head to the annual Waynetown Community Thanksgiving Day meal at the Waynetown Christian Church, 101 W. Walnut St., from 11 a.m. to

1 p.m. Thursday.
“There are no strings attached,” organizer Aletha Rush said. “Anyone can come and eat, and there is no cost or donation. It’s a free meal. We have people come because they don’t have anyplace else to go and we have others who bring their entire families here and have their own table just so they don’t have to cook. It doesn’t matter why you want to come we are inviting everyone.”
The event has grown and is now in its ninth year. The first year 45 meals were served. Last year 487 meals were served. Two years ago that figure topped out at 500.
To make the deal even sweeter, if you want a Thanksgiving day dinner and don’t want to cook and don’t or can’t get to the church, then a meal can be delivered.
Rush said last year 237 of the 487 meals served were delivered.
Dave Bolin and his family have been a part of the delivery part of the meal for seven years.
“It’s just a way to help serve the community,” said Bolin, who is a teacher and assistant football coach at Fountain Central. “When you see the looks on the faces of people we deliver to you will be hooked. Everyone is so appreciative and the joy you can get by seeing their faces when you deliver a meal is a feeling that you grow to love. I think that is why I have continued to be involved. To be a small part of bringing a little happiness is worth the effort.”
http://www.journalreview.com/news/article_edcb53fa-1186-11e1-a0d9-001cc4c002e0.html#.TsaUXcMk67s

So even though it seems we only hear of the bad things that happen in this country, there are many good things happening throughout this land. Many more good things than bad happen and it is a shame the people of the world only see America through the rose colored glasses of the media.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: del

New Topics

Forum List

Back