This is what my America is about.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by zzzz, Nov 18, 2011.

1. zzzz

zzzz Just a regular American

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +429
    In this day and age of gloom and doom there are instances where our fellow Americans stand and do good things to help our fellow Americans.

Here in my area one small historic church burned down this week and all the other churches offered a place to worship for the congregation of 30. Many other people offered help and I suspect when the church is rebuilt they will have plenty of help.

Next week another area church is offering free Thanksgiving meals to anyone who wants one. No donations are asked for and if you don't want to go and wait at the church they will deliver your meal to your house free of charge. Last year they even delivered meals into surrounding counties.

http://www.journalreview.com/news/article_edcb53fa-1186-11e1-a0d9-001cc4c002e0.html#.TsaUXcMk67s

So even though it seems we only hear of the bad things that happen in this country, there are many good things happening throughout this land. Many more good things than bad happen and it is a shame the people of the world only see America through the rose colored glasses of the media.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  2. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    :thup: