This Is What It's All About....Filthy Lucre

Perhaps I'm missing your point. How is donating to charity "filthy lucre"? The term refers to a shameful or dishonest profit. Giving money to a church that donates that money is dishonest? Perhaps you can amplify your comment for us because I'm not at all clear what you're talking about.

Donating to Charity......ROTFLMAO!!!

New Buildings
Building additions
Building Maintenance
Preacher's Home
Preacher's Expenses
Musical Instruments
Sound Systems
Carpeting
Oak or Mahagony Pews
Steeples
Stained Glass
Youth Programs
Religious Retreats
Missionaries
Percentage to the Denomination or Convention Headquarters
ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC

And if you would like to include the Vatican add their hundreds of billions of dollars of fine art and hundreds of billions of dollars worth of gold and treasures that's even worse

Church is a load of horse shit devised by man to get their hands into honest, working people's pockets...honest, well meaning people who were brainwashed during their childhood.

Without the fact that each generation has brainwashed the next with that ancient god worship for milleniums the church couldn't draw a crowd when the circus is in town.

And this is your business..... why exactly?

No one tells you how to spend your money. So explain what gives you the right to whine about how they spend theirs?

I am not surprised that you're a rabid lefty.... you have no concept of personal responsibility. Everything is your business.... it isn't.

Yours nor mine. I've read the new testament no less than ten times and not once did I see where Jesus had any love for the wealthy. He said to take care of the poor and never said a word about a church. I love the story in St. Luke which is relative to rich vs poor:

“There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And IN HELL he lift up his eyes, being in TORMENTS, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and COOL MY TONGUE; for I AM TORMENTED IN THIS FLAME. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art TORMENTED. And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of TORMENT. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, IF THEY HEAR NOT MOSES AND THE PROPHETS, NEITHER WILL THEY BE PERSUADED, THOUGH ONE ROSE FROM THE DEAD.”

New Buildings
Building additions
Building Maintenance
Preacher's Home
Preacher's Expenses
Musical Instruments
Sound Systems
Carpeting
Oak or Mahagony Pews
Steeples
Stained Glass
Youth Programs
Religious Retreats
Missionaries
ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC

And if you would like to include the Vatican add their hundreds of billions of dollars of fine art and hundreds of billions of dollars worth of gold and treasures that's even worse

Church is a load of horse shit devised by man to get their hands into honest, working people's pockets...honest, well meaning people who were brainwashed during their childhood.

Without the fact that each generation has brainwashed the next with that ancient god worship for milleniums the church couldn't draw a crowd when the circus is in town.

No one tells you how to spend your money. So explain what gives you the right to whine about how they spend theirs?

I am not surprised that you're a rabid lefty.... you have no concept of personal responsibility. Everything is your business.... it isn't.

Yours nor mine. I've read the new testament no less than ten times and not once did I see where Jesus had any love for the wealthy. He said to take care of the poor and never said a word about a church. I love the story in St. Luke which is relative to rich vs poor:

“There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And IN HELL he lift up his eyes, being in TORMENTS, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and COOL MY TONGUE; for I AM TORMENTED IN THIS FLAME. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art TORMENTED. And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of TORMENT. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, IF THEY HEAR NOT MOSES AND THE PROPHETS, NEITHER WILL THEY BE PERSUADED, THOUGH ONE ROSE FROM THE DEAD.”

It is one thing to 'read' the Bible. It is another to understand it.

Again... what business is it of yours what other people do with their money? Question too hard for ya?

Again... what business is it of yours what other people do with their money? Question too hard for ya?

Understand it..............LOL

There are so many direct contradictions in the bible that the only one who might understand it is the one who has been tee totally brainwashed as a child. Give me a break:

Two naked teens and a snake in garden determined the fate of the whole human race

There was a flood in which the water level reached a height of 29.000 ft and evaporated in a few weeks

Big fish puked up live men

Walls came tumbling at the sound of a trumpet

A virgin gave birth to the god of the universe(who was also Jesus and the holy ghost)

A man was able to walk on water

People were healed of leprosy by laying hands on them

Water was turned into fine wine

5000 hungry men plus women and children who also ate were fed with two fish and five loaves then 12 baskets of leftovers were collected

A man was hung on a cross and bled like a hog only to show up two days later fit as a fiddle

There were basically six acknowledged historians in the world at that time. Not a one of them documented any part of this.

Last edited:

Understand it..............LOL

There are so many direct contradictions in the bible that the only one who might understand it is the one who has been tee totally brainwashed as a child. Give me a break:

Two naked teens and a snake in garden determined the fate of the whole human race

There was a flood in which the water level reached a height of 29.000 ft and evaporated in a few weeks

A virgin gave birth to the god of the universe(who was also Jesus and the holy ghost)

5000 hungry men plus women and children who also ate were fed with two fish and five loaves then 12 baskets of leftovers were collected

A man was hung on a cross and bled like a hog only to show up two days later fit as a fiddle

There were basically six acknowledged historians in the world at that time. Not a one of them documented any part of this.

Those people - the 'idiots' who believe that stuff - they save you personally thousands of dollars in taxes... because they voluntarily give - their money and their time - to help their fellow man. What exactly do you do for your fellow man? Besides drain the resources of our nation.

Attendees to Easter services at EastPoint Christian Church (Portland, ME) gave a special offering of more than $31,500 at the church’s community-wide "Hope Now" celebration. The total amount was donated...

Now multiply that by several thousand and you will see the light

Perhaps I'm missing your point. How is donating to charity "filthy lucre"? The term refers to a shameful or dishonest profit. Giving money to a church that donates that money is dishonest? Perhaps you can amplify your comment for us because I'm not at all clear what you're talking about.

New Buildings
Building additions
Building Maintenance
Preacher's Home
Preacher's Expenses
Musical Instruments
Sound Systems
Carpeting
Oak or Mahagony Pews
Steeples
Stained Glass
Youth Programs
Religious Retreats
Missionaries
ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC

So when you stated "The total amount was donated...", it was some sly attempt to mislead. Very slick of you, quite sneaky and oh so sly.

Hey, here's a radical idea. Don't go to a Christian church.

That or maybe we should outlaw church? Yes, that's it! We should all worship the state instead. The Church of Central Planning...now that would be great!

I'm trying to figure out what aspect of this angers Campbell more.

The fact that people gave money to a church, whether it be for new pews or for feeding the homeless it affects him in exactly zero ways.

Or the fact that the $31,000 didn't go to Obama so he could spend $50,000 with it.

New Buildings
Building additions
Building Maintenance
Preacher's Home
Preacher's Expenses
Musical Instruments
Sound Systems
Carpeting
Oak or Mahagony Pews
Steeples
Stained Glass
Youth Programs
Religious Retreats
Missionaries
ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC

So when you stated "The total amount was donated...", it was some sly attempt to mislead. Very slick of you, quite sneaky and oh so sly.

That or maybe we should outlaw church? Yes, that's it! We should all worship the state instead. The Church of Central Planning...now that would be great!

Anyone caught teaching a child to worship an ancient god devised and imagined by primitive mankind who believed in witches and thought the earth was flat should be charged with child abuse and incarcerated.

New Buildings
Building additions
Building Maintenance
Preacher's Home
Preacher's Expenses
Musical Instruments
Sound Systems
Carpeting
Oak or Mahagony Pews
Steeples
Stained Glass
Youth Programs
Religious Retreats
Missionaries
ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC

Anyone caught teaching a child to worship an ancient god devised and imagined by primitive mankind who believed in witches and thought the earth was flat should be charged with child abuse and incarcerated.

Winner here! And there you have it folks, the central planner's mentality fully exposed. Everyone should think like them...or be incarcerated. That's it in a nutshell. Campbell knows what's best for everyone else, he's just sure of it.

The idea of live and let live? Out the door! The idea of freedom of religion? Not with our self-appointed cops in charge! They know better.

Something tells me you were passed over for the hall monitor job in grade school...and you're still really pissed about that. How sad for you.

How about this: You live your life without being a burden on anyone else and leave others that do the same alone. In turn, you get to pretend you're smarter than everyone else, all evidence to the contrary be damned. Deal?

Winner here! And there you have it folks, the central planner's mentality fully exposed. Everyone should think like them...or be incarcerated. That's it in a nutshell. Campbell knows what's best for everyone else, he's just sure of it.

The idea of live and let live? Out the door! The idea of freedom of religion? Not with our self-appointed cops in charge! They know better.

Something tells me you were passed over for the hall monitor job in grade school...and you're still really pissed about that. How sad for you.

How about this: You live your life without being a burden on anyone else and leave others that do the same alone. In turn, you get to pretend you're smarter than everyone else, all evidence to the contrary be damned. Deal?

Demonstrates the endgame of the left very nicely. Legislate everything they 'hate' out of existence... including themselves. :lol:

Winner here! And there you have it folks, the central planner's mentality fully exposed. Everyone should think like them...or be incarcerated. That's it in a nutshell. Campbell knows what's best for everyone else, he's just sure of it.The idea of live and let live? Out the door! The idea of freedom of religion? Not with our self-appointed cops in charge! They know better.

I do not even pretend to know what's good for others but I sure do know what's bad....the worship of ancient gods, especially when innocent, gullible children haqve to be the victims of it.

Winner here! And there you have it folks, the central planner's mentality fully exposed. Everyone should think like them...or be incarcerated. That's it in a nutshell. Campbell knows what's best for everyone else, he's just sure of it.The idea of live and let live? Out the door! The idea of freedom of religion? Not with our self-appointed cops in charge! They know better.

I do not even pretend to know what's good for others but I sure do know what's bad....the worship of ancient gods, especially when innocent, gullible children have to be the victims of it.

I do not even pretend to know what's good for others but I sure do know what's bad....

Wow.

Let's all just take that statement in and ponder it for a moment.

Wow, just wow.

That's some REALLY fucked up logic you have there pal. You want to put others in jail for what you KNOW to be bad for them, while claiming to not know what's good for them. Would it not be good for them to avoid that which is bad for them, which only you can oversee of course? But no, that's not your pretending to know what's good for other, not at all...:cuckoo:

Wow...this is a whole new level of stupid. All I can say is "wow".

I do not even pretend to know what's good for others but I sure do know what's bad....

Wow.

Wow, just wow.

That's some REALLY fucked up logic you have there pal. You want to put others in jail for what you KNOW to be bad for them, while claiming to not know what's good for them. Would it not be good for them to avoid that which is bad for them, which only you can oversee of course? But no, that's not your pretending to know what's good for other, not at all...:cuckoo:

The people who believe this shit are phucked up:

A virgin gave birth to the god of the universe(who was also Jesus and a holy ghost)

Last edited:

Wow.

Wow, just wow.

A virgin gave birth to the god of the universe

And you believe in Obama's economic policies, what's the difference?

I'm a non-believer, but there's no proof Jesus never exised. There's volumes of proof spending what you don't and never will have doesn't work on any scale.

so as a worshiper of Ba'al you want to be incarcerated for your choice?

Wow.

Wow, just wow.

I'm a non-believer, but there's no proof Jesus never exised. There's volumes of proof spending what you don't and never will have doesn't work on any scale.

Yeah....as long as draft dodging pricks like George W. Bush keep going 10,000 miles away to invade a country which had done us no harm and saying god told him to do it.......the love they neighbor and pray for those who curse and despise you are never even read much less adhered to..........

Yeah....as long as draft dodging pricks like George W. Bush keep going 10,000 miles away to invade a country which had done us no harm and saying god told him to do it.......the love they neighbor and pray for those who curse and despise you are never even read much less adhered to..........

How come I've never heard you speak out against Obama using God to push his political idealogy?

Obama Says ‘God Wants to See Us Help Ourselves’ With Jobs - ABC News

“That’s not putting people back to work,” Obama said as he stood before the Key Bridge that connects Washington, D.C., to Northern Virginia. “I trust in God, but God wants to see us help ourselves by putting people back to work.”

The president urged Congress to pass legislation that would invest $50 billion to rebuild the country’s roads and bridges, saying they have “another chance” to put construction workers back on the job. The Senate is expected to vote Thursday on whether to take up the measure.

Obama: Jesus would back my tax-the-rich policy - Feb. 2, 2012

My brother-in-law was a Church of God preacher all his life.
There was several times that he didn't even draw a salary because the needs of the church and missions take priority.

New Topics

Forum List

Back