This is what I would have said at Obama's job conference.

ihopehefails

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2009
Mr. Obama, I am a business owner and it seems to me that the focus of your policies is to get people employed which is a good thing but why are there are always "job creation" summits and never "profit creation" summits?

I work very hard at my business and the current political thinking within in our society seems to focus on helping one segment of the population such as people who seek employment vs people who create employment. This thinking expects the creators of employment to do it for the sole benefit of those that would seek employment but I am an individual and like any other person whether they be employees or employers I direct my efforts to benefit my own self. I do not know of a business owner that creates a business for the sake of employing people just like I do not know of a worker that seeks employment for the benefit of the business owner's profit yet the government seems to believe that business owners exist for the sole purpose to create jobs for other people.

I know this may seem normal to most but imagine if that thinking was reversed and we held "profit creation" summits and every worker was told to direct your work for the benefit of your employer so that we can save American businesses. No one would or should put up with this because we are free individuals who have a right to direct our efforts in our lives for the purpose of benefiting ourselves and to tell others that the fruits of ones own labor, whether they be born of business or employment, remain forever within someone else's grasp is nothing more than theft of one's labor and the freedom to labor for the purposes you choose.

This government is democratic republic that has decided to direct its power to benefit of the "working man" thus forcing everyone else to direct their efforts for the benefit of the "middle-class". There are other governments that are dictatorships and some are "dictatorships of the proletariate" that also directs its powers for the benefit of the "middle-class" so how are the application of these two kinds of governments' powers any different?

I know you have been accused of this before by your opponents and I know the same opponents also use the phrase "job creation" and hold "job summits" but what other term would you use to describe this policy?

Mr. Obama, I am a business owner and it seems to me that the focus of your policies is to get people employed which is a good thing but why are there are always "job creation" summits and never "profit creation" summits?

I work very hard at my business and the current political thinking within in our society seems to focus on helping one segment of the population such as people who seek employment vs people who create employment. This thinking expects the creators of employment to do it for the sole benefit of those that would seek employment but I am an individual and like any other person whether they be employees or employers I direct my efforts to benefit my own self. I do not know of a business owner that creates a business for the sake of employing people just like I do not know of a worker that seeks employment for the benefit of the business owner's profit yet the government seems to believe that business owners exist for the sole purpose to create jobs for other people.

I know this may seem normal to most but imagine if that thinking was reversed and we held "profit creation" summits and every worker was told to direct your work for the benefit of your employer so that we can save American businesses. No one would or should put up with this because we are free individuals who have a right to direct our efforts in our lives for the purpose of benefiting ourselves and to tell others that the fruits of ones own labor, whether they be born of business or employment, remain forever within someone else's grasp is nothing more than theft of one's labor and the freedom to labor for the purposes you choose.

This government is democratic republic that has decided to direct its power to benefit of the "working man" thus forcing everyone else to direct their efforts for the benefit of the "middle-class". There are other governments that are dictatorships and some are "dictatorships of the proletariate" that also directs its powers for the benefit of the "middle-class" so how are the application of these two kinds of governments' powers any different?

I know you have been accused of this before by your opponents and I know the same opponents also use the phrase "job creation" and hold "job summits" but what other term would you use to describe this policy?

Your cutesy/gotcha/rhetorical questions MIGHT explain why you were not invited...

how about this......all yall have or have had a job....maybe even own a company......

what exactly would need to happen for you company to hire.....

as for mine.....banks would need to lend money to developers or retailers would need to build more stores or hospitality companies would need to build more hotels....

but banks and retailers and hospitality companies have no faith in the consumer.....

why...because they don't have a job or don't have any money.....

so the governments solution.....give lots and lots of money to banks and the uaw.....

what happend...the banks kept the money and improved their balance sheets and tightened their lending restrictions.....the uaw....well they lost more money not selling their crappy cars....

so.....what if we gave all the rest of the bail out funds to the people.....there is about a trillion dollars left....pass it out to everyone....if you filed a tax return last year or two years ago have the irs...send everyone a check....

what would 1,000,000,000,000 divided by 350,000,000 be.... people would spend it and our pay off debt both of which would stimulate the econmy ...one by buying goods and servcies creatin a demand and the other by paying off debt thus causing the banks to have faith in the consumer and improve their balance sheet....

next up...closing all foreign military bases unless the host country pass the cost and cutting off all foriegn aid ..... and lastly....no more pork ...period....

all yall are welcome to write me in in 12....

Only barry would hold a job summit with people who have no idea about business.

You weren't invited either? Strange.

Interesting that those with a left leaning ideology have nothing to add as it pertains to this topic. All they seem to want to do is play games with the topic...poke fun at the topic.

Seems you folks are very happy simply following the wqord of a man who NO ONE can say has ever proven to be knowledgable about capitalism, job creation, profit generation, etc.

And now, 300 billion stimulus dollars later and all you have to show for it is..."He has only been president for a year"...

Pathetic attitude.

Because "profit creating summits" would send the jobs to China and India

Now there ya go....another idiot showing how little he really knows about business.

Excuse me, Mr President, Um I understand that this is your show and all that but, just one question.

If this is a Jobs summit, where are the representatives from the Chamber of Commerce?

Excuse me, Mr President, Um I understand that this is your show and all that but, just one question.

If this is a Jobs summit, where are the representatives from the Chamber of Commerce?

And where is the ladies auxilliary and the PTA?

Showing your lack of intelligence once again.
Chamber of commerce represents business....jobs are created in business.
PTA represents NOTHING that has to do with job creation.
You have nothing to offer...so you decide to just say silly things.

About the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world's largest business federation representing 3 million businesses of all sizes, sectors, and regions, as well as state and local chambers and industry associations. More than 96% of U.S. Chamber members are small businesses with 100 employees or fewer.

As the voice of business, the Chamber's core purpose is to fight for free enterprise before Congress, the White House, regulatory agencies, the courts, the court of public opinion, and governments around the world.

Admit it you wouldn't come up with a dumb question like that.....you would have pulled a Joe wilson and screamed " YOU LIAR!!!!"

Only barry would hold a job summit with people who have no idea about business.

You weren't invited either? Strange.

Interesting that those with a left leaning ideology have nothing to add as it pertains to this topic. All they seem to want to do is play games with the topic...poke fun at the topic.

Seems you folks are very happy simply following the wqord of a man who NO ONE can say has ever proven to be knowledgable about capitalism, job creation, profit generation, etc.

And now, 300 billion stimulus dollars later and all you have to show for it is..."He has only been president for a year"...

Pathetic attitude.

Well that's the way it is done isn't it? If one cannot oppose an argument with which they disagree with anything substantive, all that is left is ridicule, ad hominem references, straw men, red herrings, personal insults, and denial as if simply saying it makes it so. And too often to be purely coincidental, the repetitious nature of such is interesting as you find the same words, phrases, illustrations, and analogies posted ad nauseum on all the leftwing blogs. I think somebody must be sending out talking point memos. :eusa_angel:

Had I been invited to that jobs summit, I would have said:

President Obama,

What you are doing is not working. Every month I talk to people who would get going on projects if they could get credit, but credit is frozen for all but a privileged few. Almost every day I talk with people who want to work to support their families but cannot find work. There are hundreds or applicants for the few jobs offered. Most of us are waiting to see what taxes, policies, and regulation the government intends to force on us before committing to hiring somebody with all the immediate and potential expense associated with that.

My recommendation is that you announce that the Bush tax cuts will be extended for a period of at least three more years rather than allowing them to expire next year. That would be a huge help in knowing what taxes I will owe and what of my capital I will have at my disposal.

My recommendation is that you find some way to divert all the rest of the stimulus money to additional tax relief to ALL business without prejudice and without restriction, but make the relief pertinent to those above a certain threshhold as an incentive to engage in activity that will produce jobs. Forget about punishing the rich. Encourage the rich to free up their capital and start hiring again.

Put your mandatory healthcare proposals on hold for now so businesses can know they aren't going to be saddled with that possibly crushing expense. Put mandatory cap and trade proposals on hold for now so business can know it won't be saddled with that horrendous punative tax which will free up more capital for R & D and investment in new enterprise.

Announce a spending freeze along with whatever savings and reductions in the cost of government can be accomplished without creating extreme hardship on people, and get the government out of the way of the private sector so that the private sector can fix the economy.

The government has never been able to do that and can't do it now Mr. President. Please other freedom loving people and turn loose of the reins. Allow freedom to work its magic to restore us as the shining city on a hill.

Did any of you understand that the underlined section was the point of my post? :mad: The fact that neither conservative or liberal understood this shows that both sides can be guilty of communistic thinking!

Last edited:

And tell me why I do not have the right to use my property where and how I want to?

And tell me why I do not have the right to use my property where and how I want to?

You should not be encouraged to do so. Stimulus money should go to companies that create jobs HERE. In case you missed it, the purpose of the summit was to create jobs for Americans not to increase the wealth of those 10% of the people who already control 90% of the wealth

Because he's a thin skinned pussy and The Chamber of Commerce had the audacity to question him in the past........

Forum List

Back