This is what I would have said at Obama's job conference.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ihopehefails, Dec 4, 2009.

1. ihopehefails

ihopehefails BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +228
    Mr. Obama, I am a business owner and it seems to me that the focus of your policies is to get people employed which is a good thing but why are there are always "job creation" summits and never "profit creation" summits?

I work very hard at my business and the current political thinking within in our society seems to focus on helping one segment of the population such as people who seek employment vs people who create employment. This thinking expects the creators of employment to do it for the sole benefit of those that would seek employment but I am an individual and like any other person whether they be employees or employers I direct my efforts to benefit my own self. I do not know of a business owner that creates a business for the sake of employing people just like I do not know of a worker that seeks employment for the benefit of the business owner's profit yet the government seems to believe that business owners exist for the sole purpose to create jobs for other people.

I know this may seem normal to most but imagine if that thinking was reversed and we held "profit creation" summits and every worker was told to direct your work for the benefit of your employer so that we can save American businesses. No one would or should put up with this because we are free individuals who have a right to direct our efforts in our lives for the purpose of benefiting ourselves and to tell others that the fruits of ones own labor, whether they be born of business or employment, remain forever within someone else's grasp is nothing more than theft of one's labor and the freedom to labor for the purposes you choose.

This government is democratic republic that has decided to direct its power to benefit of the "working man" thus forcing everyone else to direct their efforts for the benefit of the "middle-class". There are other governments that are dictatorships and some are "dictatorships of the proletariate" that also directs its powers for the benefit of the "middle-class" so how are the application of these two kinds of governments' powers any different?

I know you have been accused of this before by your opponents and I know the same opponents also use the phrase "job creation" and hold "job summits" but what other term would you use to describe this policy?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. nodoginnafight

nodoginnafight No Party Affiliation

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,497
    you weren't invited????????????????

3. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    Your cutesy/gotcha/rhetorical questions MIGHT explain why you were not invited...

4. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    how about this......all yall have or have had a job....maybe even own a company......

what exactly would need to happen for you company to hire.....

as for mine.....banks would need to lend money to developers or retailers would need to build more stores or hospitality companies would need to build more hotels....

but banks and retailers and hospitality companies have no faith in the consumer.....

why...because they don't have a job or don't have any money.....

so the governments solution.....give lots and lots of money to banks and the uaw.....

what happend...the banks kept the money and improved their balance sheets and tightened their lending restrictions.....the uaw....well they lost more money not selling their crappy cars....

so.....what if we gave all the rest of the bail out funds to the people.....there is about a trillion dollars left....pass it out to everyone....if you filed a tax return last year or two years ago have the irs...send everyone a check....

what would 1,000,000,000,000 divided by 350,000,000 be.... people would spend it and our pay off debt both of which would stimulate the econmy ...one by buying goods and servcies creatin a demand and the other by paying off debt thus causing the banks to have faith in the consumer and improve their balance sheet....

next up...closing all foreign military bases unless the host country pass the cost and cutting off all foriegn aid ..... and lastly....no more pork ...period....

all yall are welcome to write me in in 12....

5. Xenophon

Xenophon Gone and forgotten

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    Only barry would hold a job summit with people who have no idea about business.

6. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    You weren't invited either? Strange.

7. Oldandtired

Oldandtired BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +349
    Interesting that those with a left leaning ideology have nothing to add as it pertains to this topic. All they seem to want to do is play games with the topic...poke fun at the topic.

Seems you folks are very happy simply following the wqord of a man who NO ONE can say has ever proven to be knowledgable about capitalism, job creation, profit generation, etc.

And now, 300 billion stimulus dollars later and all you have to show for it is..."He has only been president for a year"...

Pathetic attitude.

8. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,313
    Because "profit creating summits" would send the jobs to China and India

9. Oldandtired

Oldandtired BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +349
    Now there ya go....another idiot showing how little he really knows about business.

10. SFC Ollie

SFC Ollie Still Marching

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,457
    Excuse me, Mr President, Um I understand that this is your show and all that but, just one question.

If this is a Jobs summit, where are the representatives from the Chamber of Commerce?