This is what happens when Gov. works it's fingers into Private sector business--

I wonder where a majority of Obama's 1.8 trillion dollars of deficit money this year is coming from?

I have asked you guys a million times why Iraq isn't paying for itself yet. How come you guys never answer.

And to answer your question. The same place Bush found money to invade Iraq.

Oh ok China...so Obama is funding this....

"Hey, when China takes over our country, just think, you funded it. Cock sucker."

Partisian dipshit, sure Bush deficit spent but when Obama quadruples what Bush spent. It would stand to reason Obama is more responsible for the above statement than was Bush.
shhhhh, bobo dont care about what Obama is spending
its all Bush's fault

$9 trillion? And they don't know where the money went? WOW! Tea Bag this Harry. Do you realize how much $9 trillion is? Forget social security and forget medicare Harry. And you will never even consider blaming private industry.

and i did this when?.....

The US Postal Service's Board of Governors approved an appropriation request of $117.7 million for fiscal year 2009 yesterday. For fiscal year 2008, the board requested $153.4 million. At this time, the House has recommended $88.9 million of that amount and the Senate has recommended $117.9 million. In addition, the BOG approved the Postal Regulatory Commission's recommended decision on a negotiated service agreement with Bank of America, which will provide price incentives based on the company's mail operations.....

USPS bog OKs budget - DMNews

I do believe Harry that an appropriation request from the House is money that comes from the taxpayers. I do understand what your trying to say though. As far as stamps and mail go, I honestly think that if completely private a lot of that would depend on the amount of competetion. The more there is the lower the costs. So a lot depends on the number of service providers willing to meet the demand.

It is widely acknowledged that the current business model of the Postal Service is not sustainable going into the 21st century. Electronic diversion of mail volumes has caused a substantial and likely irreplaceable decline in first class mail. This trend is expected to continue. The Postal Service ended the latest fiscal year with large on and off-balance sheet liabilities. These liabilities include $7.3 billion of debt owed to Treasury, $7.1 billion for unfunded workers’ compensation costs, $8.7 billion for operating leases, $5.8 billion for unfunded pension liabilities, and approximately $60 billion for unfunded post-retirement healthcare liabilities. For a business that has a statutory mandate to be self-financing and to break-even, the Postal Service has accomplished neither. .........
Finally, it is fair and equitable because the Postal Service has also been the beneficiary of significant taxpayer funded appropriations,

JS-1255: Secretary Snow's Testimony on U.S. Postal Service Reform

While I understand your assertion ratepayer vs. taxpayer it still does not impact the assertion that the USPS has significant problems and could be run better as a private for profit company.

NAVY...if you seen how much money is wasted in the PO daily,on stupid programs that even the janitors know will just impede mail movement....you would be amazed...and its all because they have WAY to many Middle Managers trying to justify their jobs,which are not needed,and they do the justification on the backs of those who actually do the work....if the PO had sound managers,it would run pretty decently,MOST carriers and clerks know what they have to do to get the mail out...and what you said about Private CO. running it better...talking to the FedX and UPS guys on my route,apparently they have significant problems too....we all laugh when we find that the management in each org. are not much different from each other....in respects on how they treat the people who actually do the work...bottom line MIDDLE MANAGMENT gets in the way.....and the upper guys,dont seem to care....

Yes but his stock performance doesn't lie. He made sure that he had a nice nest egg upon exiting office. It was really a conflict of interests to have him in a position of such power and influence. I'm a former Repub who was/is pissed as hell to see my tax dollars go into his pocket, as all Republicans should be.

i would have thought that slimeball Cheney was already fairly well off before he became VP.....and shit 9 volt,our tax dollars go into these guys pockets, DEMS and REPUBS every day they are on the job....and lot of that is probably pretty shady as it is...if thats what your pissed at the Republicans about,then i assume you are not a Democrat either...

I have asked you guys a million times why Iraq isn't paying for itself yet. How come you guys never answer.

And to answer your question. The same place Bush found money to invade Iraq.

"Hey, when China takes over our country, just think, you funded it. Cock sucker."

Partisian dipshit, sure Bush deficit spent but when Obama quadruples what Bush spent. It would stand to reason Obama is more responsible for the above statement than was Bush.
its all Bush's fault

Bobo was right....its obvious JR....your brainwashed by the radical right.....

its all Bush's fault

Bobo was right....its obvious JR....your brainwashed by the radical right.....

Yep, I am a Bushie...:cuckoo:

I have sworn allegiance to the Republican party......:cuckoo:

I think they are crooks too...
Only in a some cases they are less crooked than Democrats.

What a choice we have in this country...:eek:

Forum List

Back