This is Way the Fuck Out of Line

090727_controversial_sign1.jpg

CALDWELL, Idaho (KBOI) - A Caldwell billboard is raising questions in the Treasure Valley as it compares the president to accused Colorado killer, James Holmes.

The billboard on Franklin Road equates the actions of the president's foreign policies to the acts of Holmes, who's suspected of killing 12 people in the theater shooting...

Does billboard comparing Obama to alleged shooter go too far? | Local & Regional | KBOI 2 - Boise News, Weather, Sports and Breaking News

I don't care who you are or your political leanings, this is just over the top.

They have their right to free speech, but WTF?

Sometimes, the price of free speech is quite hard to bear... but bear it we must. Sadly, there will be assclowns who abuse free speech to be offensive and just plain dumb. But, that billboard... that is breathtakingly stupid.

find a human being and ask, asshole.

Well Del, maybe you're a person.... Can you tell me if the billboard is wrong?

Right or wrong would depend on your political view. Appallingly bad taste is more the issue.

I think any honest person would see the board as 'wrong'... right wing hacks will, no doubt, find it perfectly acceptable.

I also have no doubt that the left wing hacks will assume that all conservatives agree with the sentiments of the board.

Stupidity crosses party lines.

Free speech... OK when you agree with it... When you don't... Not so much. Got it.

It is free speech and you're welcome to it, and it's free speech when we tell you that's low class bullshit.

CALDWELL, Idaho (KBOI) - A Caldwell billboard is raising questions in the Treasure Valley as it compares the president to accused Colorado killer, James Holmes.

The billboard on Franklin Road equates the actions of the president's foreign policies to the acts of Holmes, who's suspected of killing 12 people in the theater shooting...

Does billboard comparing Obama to alleged shooter go too far? | Local & Regional | KBOI 2 - Boise News, Weather, Sports and Breaking News

I see a lot of Faults in Obama, but this is as you said, way the fuck over the line.

Would make much more sense if they Replaced Homes with GW Bush and simply said Bush was Condemned for Doing exactly what Obama does, and Obama got a Nobel Peace Prize.

That would be a fair Statement.

If Al Gore winning the Nobel Peace prize didn't completely discredit the award, Obama winning certainly did.

Simply more evidence of the irrational hatred manifested by the president’s enemies.

And they only harm their own cause, as it portrays Obama’s opponents as desperate and inane, while energizing the president’s supporters.

When has that ever not been the case in an election year?

Whoever put up this billboard should have one put up comparing them to a piece of dog shit.

I see a lot of Faults in Obama, but this is as you said, way the fuck over the line.

Would make much more sense if they Replaced Homes with GW Bush and simply said Bush was Condemned for Doing exactly what Obama does, and Obama got a Nobel Peace Prize.

That would be a fair Statement.

If Al Gore winning the Nobel Peace prize didn't completely discredit the award, Obama winning certainly did.

Similiar discredit to the Academy Award that AlGore won.. But we KNEW that was a circle jerk.

Just like the outrage of the Toronto Film Festival giving a prize to a film that Assassinates GWBush WHILE he's still PREZ !!!

You think in a parallel universe that would happen with BHOBAMA as the star character?

It does fry my fritters to know that these recognitions have been hijacked politically.

Almost enough to put up a billboard.. Hmmmmm.......

Last edited:
When I was a young man your teachers and those around you used to tell young people that to grow up to be President of the United States was one of the highest accomplishments a person in this nation could achieve. Not because they had a belief contrary to what someone else had, but because they had a willingness to serve this nation and it's people and hold the very same office that the likes of George Washington and Thomas Jefferson held. It was because people respected the office of President of the United States and the nation in which they lived, they held it in the highest respect and many Americans still do today regardless of who sits in that in office. While many disagee with the current office holders polticial views and I myself have many times disagreed with him as well, however one can do so and not diminish the respect one holds for the office. The sign in question here, shows a person or person(s) that show a complete lack of respect for the nation in which they live and the people in it and have little honor and understanding of the words, dignity and respect. To show the President of our nation side by side with low life murdering trash, is no different than someone who would show up at a funeral of an American service member to protest the war, both show a person who lacks respect for the nation in which they live, so it is obvious that these individuals have no respect for themselves and should have none from anyone else.

Taste has no bearings on the Right to Free speech. Unless I'm missing something.

Taste is a problem here. Because whoevers responsible here thinks they're in a street fight not a free speech excersize. There's a lot of hate behind doing it that way and it shows lack of restraint. Something that ALL our freedoms depend on..

Fight for your views -- but make it a FAIR fight..

You can defend free speech WITHOUT condoning ABUSE of speech..

Please explain where I said I condone it....

I apologize because I saw nowhere where you condoned it. I was just picking up on the "taste" issue to stress that if we're gonna be blessed with free speech, it's up to us to be a little judgemental about the use of that freedom. Preferably in a non-partisan, non-hypocritical manner..

And no -- :eusa_hand: I'm not implying you are partisian or hypocritical either ---- :tongue:

Simply more evidence of the irrational hatred manifested by the president’s enemies.

And they only harm their own cause, as it portrays Obama’s opponents as desperate and inane, while energizing the president’s supporters.

1980. It started with Reagan in 1984; GHWB, not so much in 1992 – becoming utterly irrational in 1996 and ongoing.

In 1972 it was Nixon and his supporters who had an irrational hate of most everyone.

Let me help refresh your memory.

images

it's fascinating to me that two wrongs make a right now.

i should call my mom...

OK so I understand you think BOTH responses are wrong?
Then would the juvenile Liberal/Bush haters that called Bush "Hitler" actually made a movie about his assassination and SAID far worse then has ever been said about Obama primarily because the MSM PROMOTED Bush bashing and protect Obama be consider in the wrong according to your Mama?

1980. It started with Reagan in 1984; GHWB, not so much in 1992 – becoming utterly irrational in 1996 and ongoing.

In 1972 it was Nixon and his supporters who had an irrational hate of most everyone.

OF COURSE --- IT"S REAGAN'S FAULT.. Needed a high power lawyer to tell me that.

Nevermind you don't remember back to Goldwater and atomic bomb ads. I'm thinking back to Jefferson running against his OWN Vice Prez and the the words that were exchanged over THAT ONE!

Or the Andrew Jackson election where even the press was calling his wife a WHORE..

Where do you get the blinders from anyway?

:clap2:

It's over the line in terms of composition.. But bombing that many countries a year SHOULD make you angry..

I would have just had a list of the 6 countries he has bombed or violated so far in the admin and a civilian death toll for each..

i'm sure the families of the murder victims appreciate some toothless white supremacist fuckwit using this to make a political point.

i know i would.

it really is sad when cousins procreate.

stereotype much asshole?

if the shoe fits, scumbag, wear it

Well Del, maybe you're a person.... Can you tell me if the billboard is wrong?

Right or wrong would depend on your political view. Appallingly bad taste is more the issue.

I think any honest person would see the board as 'wrong'... right wing hacks will, no doubt, find it perfectly acceptable.

I also have no doubt that the left wing hacks will assume that all conservatives agree with the sentiments of the board.

Stupidity crosses party lines.

that's sandi

seldom right but never in doubt

Comparing even this dopey President to the mass-murdering scumbag, Holmes, is pretty low. It's a dishonest and stupid comparison. I dislike the policies and thinking of President Obama, but cannot justify the unfair and absurd "comparison" to that "joker" character.

The thesis of the comparison is also wrong.

Didn't the President "win" the Nobel Peace Prize BEFORE his so-called foreign policy led to lots of deaths?

Let me help refresh your memory.

images

it's fascinating to me that two wrongs make a right now.

i should call my mom...

OK so I understand you think BOTH responses are wrong?
Then would the juvenile Liberal/Bush haters that called Bush "Hitler" actually made a movie about his assassination and SAID far worse then has ever been said about Obama primarily because the MSM PROMOTED Bush bashing and protect Obama be consider in the wrong according to your Mama?

yes

and if you think that equally hateful things haven't been said obama as those things that were said about bush, you're either remarkably unobservant or a liar.

Comparing even this dopey President to the mass-murdering scumbag, Holmes, is pretty low. It's a dishonest and stupid comparison. I dislike the policies and thinking of President Obama, but cannot justify the unfair and absurd "comparison" to that "joker" character.

The thesis of the comparison is also wrong.

Didn't the President "win" the Nobel Peace Prize BEFORE his so-called foreign policy led to lots of deaths?

Yes, he won it before he did ANYTHING other then win an election. Maybe he won it because he said that "they" were the ones we were waiting for and that the oceans would stop rising and the Earth would cool. The last one he may actually be right on. He has shut most of our industry.

Forum List

Back