"This Is Warfare"

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
I really thought the swiftboat stuff would backfire on the GOP, I may have underestimated the DNC's ability to shoot itself in the foot!

INSTAPUNDIT

August 08, 2004
DIRTY TRICKS aimed at the Swift Boat Vets? I can't say I'm surprised to hear reports like this, but I suspect that it will backfire if they actually try it. Indeed, if people start dishing dirt about these guys instead of offering factual refutations, it will pretty much serve as an admission that the charges are true.

posted at 10:51 PM by Glenn Reynolds

INSTAPUNDIT

August 09, 2004
ROBERT NOVAK WRITES ON Unfit for Command, the Swift Boat Veterans' book on Kerry:

I have read the book and found it is neither the political propaganda nor the urban legend that its detractors claim. It is a passionate but meticulously researched account of how Kerry went to war, what he did in the war and how he conducted himself after the war. The very serious charges by former comrades deserve answers but so far have produced only ad hominem counterattacks.

Why should details of what Kerry did more than 30 years ago be part of this election campaign? Only because the senator has made them integral to his strategy. Kerry as war hero received more attention at the Democratic National Convention than plans for the future. Thus, what he did in his shortened four months of combat becomes a valid campaign issue.

Read the whole thing. I'm not a particular fan of Novak's but I think that this column is an indicator that the story is developing traction in the mainstream media.

posted at 01:30 PM by Glenn Reynolds

Unfit for Command sends a devastating message, unless effectively refuted. Perhaps most disturbing are allegations that Kerry's combat decorations are unjustified. His first Purple Heart, the book alleges, was accidentally self-inflicted. His commander, Grant Hibbard, is quoted as saying: ''I didn't recommend him for a Purple Heart. Kerry probably wrote up the paperwork and recommended himself.'' Full release of documents demanded by his critics could settle this claim quickly if it is unwarranted.

Sign the Form 180 John-boy!

freeandfun1 said:
Sign the Form 180 John-boy!

There are so many links today, mostly on the Christmas or Winter in Cambodia. Seems JFK kept changing the story over the years, I have to agree with the Professor, it's gaining traction....

Kathianne said:
There are so many links today, mostly on the Christmas or Winter in Cambodia. Seems JFK kept changing the story over the years, I have to agree with the Professor, it's gaining traction....

And I would be the Clinton's are helping it. Just watch, it won't be long before this will start showing up in the LMM with legs.

freeandfun1 said:
And I would be the Clinton's are helping it. Just watch, it won't be long before this will start showing up in the LMM with legs.

You could be right on the Clintons, wouldn't be surprised. :p: :dev1:

Forum List

Back