This is very sad

Flying Duck

Aug 8, 2004
"Distraught over the re-election of President George W. Bush, a Georgia man traveled to New York City, went to Ground Zero and killed himself with a shotgun blast, police said yesterday."

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/newyork/nyc-suic1107,0,7756290.story?coll=ny-nynews-headlines

Not really sure how to comment on this other than that the amount of emotion that some people had invested in deposing Bush just does not seem rational to me. The vitriolic stuff coming from the left is beyond the pale but I find it very distressing to see someone take it this far.

I feel very sorry for this guy's friends and family.

Flying Duck said:
"Distraught over the re-election of President George W. Bush, a Georgia man traveled to New York City, went to Ground Zero and killed himself with a shotgun blast, police said yesterday."

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/newyork/nyc-suic1107,0,7756290.story?coll=ny-nynews-headlines

Not really sure how to comment on this other than that the amount of emotion that some people had invested in deposing Bush just does not seem rational to me. The vitriolic stuff coming from the left is beyond the pale but I find it very distressing to see someone take it this far.

I feel very sorry for this guy's friends and family.
You beat me to it.....

This is a good example of just how mentally unbalanced some Kerry supporters are....

This is horrible,but anyone that sick can't see the light through anything. Gosh,I guess someone will ultimately blame G.W. for this because he won. Too sick!

It is beyond obvious that this man had issues that went WAY BEYOND being disraught over his chosen candidate not getting elected. People do not just blow their brains out because they broke a nail, or lost their job, or had burned meatloaf for dinner, or lost to GWB....this man had a myriad of problems...and felt it was easier to blame them on a big figure, like Bush.

My heart goes out to his family, no one should have to experience that kind of pain.

Gem said:
It is beyond obvious that this man had issues that went WAY BEYOND being disraught over his chosen candidate not getting elected. People do not just blow their brains out because they broke a nail, or lost their job, or had burned meatloaf for dinner, or lost to GWB....this man had a myriad of problems...and felt it was easier to blame them on a big figure, like Bush.

My heart goes out to his family, no one should have to experience that kind of pain.

agreed. suicide is selfish as it only hurts those that are left.

Forum List

Back