This is VERY sad if True

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Concerning this past American Idol, the host said:

More than 63 million votes were cast, "more than any president in the history of our country has received," Seacrest said.

NO WONDER THIS COUNTRY IS SCREWED UP!!

-Cp said:

More than 63 million votes were cast, "more than any president in the history of our country has received," Seacrest said.

You have to consider the number of people who voted more than once, or twice, or thrice...

-Cp said:

They make fun of that fact in the American Dreams movie. I find this fact funny though quite saddening.

-Cp said:

People can vote as many times (up to 7, I believe) as they can get through so I'm sure there weren't actually 63 million people voting.

According to Wikipedia, there were 122,293,332 votes cast in the 2004 election
( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._presidential_election,_2004 )

The breakdown for the American Idol finale last night:

ai_stats2c.jpeg

Good old Ryan Seacrest made that "more than any president has received" statement - where as true...you could also say that neither of the finalists received more votes than either President Bush or John Kerry and still be correct.

It's not too surprising. People correctly perceive that their vote might actually change something on american idol.

Forum List

Back