This is the real America

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
Muslim cab drivers save Jewish bagel shop - US news - Life - msnbc.com

One of New York City’s oldest Jewish bakeries has been rescued from closure by an unlikely source: a pair of Muslim cab drivers who promise to keep it kosher.

Peerzada Shah and Zafaryab Ali recently took ownership of the Coney Island Bialys and Bagels, a landmark fixture anchored at 2350 Coney Island Avenue for 91 years.

The bakery was about to shutter in September when Ali, a former staffer, learned of its demise and decided to save it — keeping it in the same spirit of its original owner, Morris Rosenzweig, a Jewish immigrant from Bialystok, Poland, who founded the shop in 1920.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Joseph Jackson, a bakery employee for 30 years, recalled his boss’s tough call.

“He said he was not pulling enough and couldn’t do anymore,” Jackson said, adding “I took it real bad.”

Jackson said he was retiring this year, but planned to stay on to help the new owners grow their business.

"The two men are very, very good-natured, well-intentioned and just good people," Jackson said. "They want to keep the bakery kosher and I want to help them succeed."

One of New York City’s oldest Jewish bakeries has been rescued from closure by an unlikely source: a pair of Muslim cab drivers who promise to keep it kosher.

Peerzada Shah and Zafaryab Ali recently took ownership of the Coney Island Bialys and Bagels, a landmark fixture anchored at 2350 Coney Island Avenue for 91 years.

The bakery was about to shutter in September when Ali, a former staffer, learned of its demise and decided to save it — keeping it in the same spirit of its original owner, Morris Rosenzweig, a Jewish immigrant from Bialystok, Poland, who founded the shop in 1920.

Muslims and Jews traditionally have gotten along just fine. The present antipathy is a 20th century phenomenon. Stories like this are heartwarming and I hope an inspiration to others.

• Banned
Capitalism and democracy combined are a very strong force.

How I wish more Americans would embrace the combination that made us great.

Give any people a society in which their hard work pays off in a sustainable living while providing service to their community and then let them live their lives and believe what they believe without prejudice and you will see a society of mutual respect.

This beautiful melting pot has done it far too many times for any fools to deny it can happen.

People are people.

Its time to stop spewing stupid lies about your fellow Americans people

Capitalism and democracy combined are a very strong force.

How I wish more Americans would embrace the combination that made us great.

Give any people a society in which their hard work pays off in a sustainable living while providing service to their community and then let them live their lives and believe what they believe without prejudice and you will see a society of mutual respect.

This beautiful melting pot has done it far too many times for any fools to deny it can happen.

People are people.

Its time to stop spewing stupid lies about your fellow Americans people

Take your own advice. It's actually not bad.

I believe in encouraging people to work hard and provide service to their community. That's why Im a Republican.

I don't believe in giving people who havent worked the money of others after taking it by the force of Government.

• Banned
why do you always have to lie about your opposition?

Letting the poor starve in poverty is NOT good for this country no matter how much you pretend it is.

Whenever I hear that small business is the backbone of America, I wonder where this America is with Walmart and the other humongous chain stores. Look at where things are made.

Shirts Made in USA : All American Clothing and American and Unionmade Clothing by All USA Clothing

_

I'll check these companies out. Might even order some clothes from them. Looking at their prices though, it is understandable why Walmart and all the big box stores do so well. There are many people out there who just can't afford $45 for a pair of jeans or a shirt. I'm sure the quality is superior to what you will find at Walmart, but the fact is that a lot of people aren't going to pay that kind of money for a pair of jeans.

Letting the poor starve in poverty is NOT good for this country no matter how much you pretend it is.

Where are The Poor starving in poverty in this country?

Please provide the number of Poor that have Starved in the USA during the past year, or STFU

Link? Would love to see a statistic showing where people in America are starving...now or before the so called "Great Society".

I can add a similar episode...perhaps ten or so years ago, on a main thoroughfare here in Brooklyn, a synagogue was on fire...and a Muslim working at a gas station across the street called the fire department, and rushed in to help put it out.

God bless America!

Found it:

"A Muslim gas station attendant was being hailed as a hero for saving a Brooklyn synagogue yesterday from being torched by a man he described as "totally out of control."

Syed Ali, 35, was working at the Amoco station on Ocean Ave. in Sheepshead Bay at about 4 a.m. when he sold $2 worth of fuel to the alleged would-be arsonist.

The Pakistani immigrant said he watched in disbelief as Sead Jakup, 22, took the canister across the street and began dousing the Young Israel of Kings Bay synagogue.

Ali quickly called 911, and cops arrived before Jakup, a Bosnian Muslim, could set the temple ablaze."

Muslim Stops Synagogue Torching - New York Daily News

Poor Americans are starving?

cleveland-show-s2e6-fat-wet-07-550x309.jpg

Poor Americans are starving?

Don't be hating on the poor people, Modo. You will make TruthMocker cry.
Right. Or maybe I'm a 'poorist' because I don't recognize that poor Americans are starving?

Hmmmm.

Yep, you're a 'poorist'. You must have missed all those documentaries showing the hundreds of thousands of women and children living in UN camps, surviving on a cup of rice a day.... oh wait. That wasn't America, that was Africa. My bad.

:lol:

"Letting the poor starve in poverty..."

Pssssst....Ms. Truthie....propaganda.

"When the Centers for Disease Control and the Department of Agriculture examined people from a variety of income levels, however, they found no evidence of malnutrition among those in the lowest income brackets. Nor was there any significant difference in the intake of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients from one income level to another.
That should have been the end of that hysteria. But the same“hunger in America” theme reappeared years later, when Sen. John Edwards was running for vice president. And others have resurrected that same claim, right up to the present day.

Ironically, the one demonstrable nutritional difference between the poor and others is that low-income women tend to be overweight more often than others. That may not seem like much to make a political issue, but politicians and the media have created hysteria over less.

The political left has turned obesity among low-income individuals into an argument that low-income people cannot afford nutritious food, and so have to resort to burgers and fries, pizzas and the like, which are more fattening and less healthful. But this attempt to salvage something from the “hunger in America” hoax collapses like a house of cards when you stop and think about it."

Read more: SOWELL: Politicians need poverty to justify programs

Now,...don't let 'em hoodwink you any longer!