This is the natural order

oldunclemark

Nov 1, 2008
If a party that has total power (from 2000-2006) leaves with the nation crumbling on severla fronts..

..and exposed on a few others...

..the only surprise would be if there was NOT a total cleaning of the HOUSE (and Senate)....

...Incompetency will not always be rewarded..

If a party that has total power (from 2000-2006) leaves with the nation crumbling on severla fronts..

..the only surprise would be if there was NOT a total cleaning of the HOUSE (and Senate)....

Using that logic, you would expect Congress to be replaced by Republicans and the President to be replaced by a Democrat.

Jensen: You have meddled with the primal forces of nature, Mr. Beale, and I won't have it!! Is that clear?! You think you've merely stopped a business deal. That is not the case. The Arabs have taken billions of dollars out of this country, and now they must put it back! It is ebb and flow, tidal gravity! It is ecological balance!

You are an old man who thinks in terms of nations and peoples. There are no nations. There are no peoples. There are no Russians. There are no Arabs. There are no third worlds. There is no West. There is only one holistic system of systems, one vast and immane, interwoven, interacting, multivariate, multinational dominion of dollars. Petro-dollars, electro-dollars, multi-dollars, reichmarks, rins, rubles, pounds, and shekels.

It is the international system of currency which determines the totality of life on this planet. That is the natural order of things today. That is the atomic and subatomic and galactic structure of things today! And YOU have meddled with the primal forces of nature, and YOU WILL ATONE!

American Rhetoric: Movie Speech from Network - Arthur Jensen's Speech to Howard Beale

Problem with your assessment is you overplay the "crumbling on several fronts" and don't mention the other part is just as incompetent.

If you're going to try and sound all intellectual and fair, then try a little harder.

We're fucked. Period. Doesn't matter WHO wins Tuesday. So yeah. incompetence IS rewarded. The Democrats were lame-asses to begin with and that's the reason the GOP got into power and I havn't seen anything to suggest they didn't just pick up where they left off when they got the boot last time. And look, they ended up back in power.

Two, four or even six years from now the GOP will be back in power with making any real changes.

So contrary to your statement, incompetence is not only rewarded, it's perpetuated.

Good cop/bad cop.

We choose one or the other every few years, and we wonder why nothing ever changes.

Basic facts sure escape you liberal rejects, for being so smart you all sure are DUMB. 2 of those 6 years the Democrats controlled the Senate. And the other 4 the republicans did not have 60 votes in the Senate, hardly complete power.

Remind us again how the last 2 years the dems couldn't accomplish anything cause they did not have 60 votes in the Senate, then go back and explain how the republicans had COMPLETE control with out those same 60 votes?

Maybe part of the problem is that no "party" has ever had 'total power'. One of the complaints I have heard consistently from my youth regards the grid-lock and bickering in our government. Do you remember the joke about the only two things our government can agree on being "let's give ourselves a raise..." and "let's take a vacation..."? It was funny because it is true.

Even if Obama does prove to be an effective leader, the odds are high that he is a fluke, and not a true change in American politics. Unless American politics changes to produce more leaders, especially in Congress, we are destined to return to the bickering and in-fighting, leaving everyone but the extremists dissatisfied, that we know so well.

-Joe

Gunny...When leaders fail..you try new leaders.
If you are offended by the intellectual sound of that, you shouldnt be.
It isnt rocket science.

The GOP somehow suggests that 2 years of partial DEM control insists they souild somehow be branded as republican failures....
...No spin is valid.

The GOP had total control from 2000-to-2006 and they could not get much done. The GOP president started a war and had economic disaster on his watch..
Bush cant say: Its not my fault. McCain cant say he didnt vote with Bush.

When your leadership fails you should be replaced....
If you lead in disgrace, your party goes with you.
Bush cant even campaign for the standard bearer of his party
He's leaving in disgrace. Mccain will lose by 15-20%
The surprise is that anybody's surprised.

Its the way it is and the way it should be.
Its the natural order.

Gunny...When leaders fail..you try new leaders.
If you are offended by the intellectual sound of that, you shouldnt be.
It isnt rocket science.

The GOP somehow suggests that 2 years of partial DEM control insists they souild somehow be branded as republican failures....
...No spin is valid.

The GOP had total control from 2000-to-2006 and they could not get much done. The GOP president started a war and had economic disaster on his watch..
Bush cant say: Its not my fault. McCain cant say he didnt vote with Bush.

When your leadership fails you should be replaced....
If you lead in disgrace, your party goes with you.
Bush cant even campaign for the standard bearer of his party
He's leaving in disgrace. Mccain will lose by 15-20%
The surprise is that anybody's surprised.

Its the way it is and the way it should be.
Its the natural order.

right--the GOP and Dems taking turns at being boss is the natural order ?
Did Darwin say that or was it Sir Isaac Newton ?

Obama showed how to 'do' a campaign over the internet.

A third party candidate could learn from that. I think almost every last american would donate 10 bucks to a viable third party candidate. That would be 3 billion dollars (1 bil if you just count adults.:D)

Anyway, it was hard in the past to launch a third party candidate because there is no machine and no money (see Perot). but now everyone has a decent machine (the internet) and a few dollars from a bunch of people is enough to launch a serious campaign. IOW, times are changing in how campaigning is done. We may be brainwashed but there's a new tune on the old juke box. (I have no idea what I mean by that.)

Anyway, I nominate Dillo.

Last edited:
Obama showed how to 'do' a campaign over the internet.

A third party candidate could learn from that. I think almost every last american would donate 10 bucks to a viable third party candidate. That would be 3 billion dollars (1 bil if you just count adults.:D)

Anyway, it was hard in the past to launch a third party candidate because there is no machine and no money (see Perot). but now everyone has a decent machine (the internet) and a few dollars from a bunch of people is enough to launch a serious campaign. IOW, times are changing in how campaigning is done. We may be brainwashed but there's a new tune on the old juke box. (I have no idea what I mean by that.)

Anyway, I nominate Dillo.

I don't wanna die !!:ack-1: You go first--I'll be right behind you.:D

Its a blessing that unpopular, ineffective, fundanmentaly flawed leaders cant stay in power...in this country...

....the chickens eventually come home..

..to roost.

Using that logic, you would expect Congress to be replaced by Republicans and the President to be replaced by a Democrat.

Actually, it takes 4 to 6 years to clean out a Congress!! Do not forget the Senators terms and how different sets of Senators run every 2 years. This year, there are more Reps up for election than Dems.

Now this is the 2nd stage of removing Republicans which started in 2006. This was going to happen during the 90s before Gingrich rallied the nation around the "Contract on America"

The Right rhetoric and subtle implications are becoming much more dangerous now with all the things going on. Calm down a little, and you will get the ball in a few years, OK?:tongue:

Forum List

Back