This is the best time in the history of the world

Powerman

Jul 23, 2005
and it's only getting better.

All this gloom around here needs to stop. Everytime I hear one of these "what is the world coming to?" deals I really wonder if people realize how great it is to be alive today. If you are alive and in America today your life is better than 99% of the people who have ever lived including Kings and Emperors and the like.

no1tovote4 said:
Okay. I don't know how much debate you are going to get here.

I'm not really referring to anyone in particular here. Just referring to people in general. It's usually the RR. People act like the world is going to shit because someone tells you happy holidays or because there is a movie about gay cowboys. Who cares really. Things are much better now than at any other time in history. People who are always longing for the days of the past really confuse me. Things are so much better now. If anything I think I would rather be born a few years later than I was.

I can think of only a few times in history where being a Christian was rougher than now...that time involved being fed to lions. ;)

For whatever the problems with today's society, seemingly running FULL STEAM towards Lies - embracing lies as truth - things WILL pick up...just a matter of time.
;)

Powerman said:
and it's only getting better.

All this gloom around here needs to stop. Everytime I hear one of these "what is the world coming to?" deals I really wonder if people realize how great it is to be alive today. If you are alive and in America today your life is better than 99% of the people who have ever lived including Kings and Emperors and the like.

Very true. This is the best time to be alive. But good and evil and always balanced. It's the best time and its the worst time. We live better than any previous generation before us, but we are all alot less civilized then just a generation or two before us.

Fact is life will get better and worse.

Powerman said:
I'm not really referring to anyone in particular here. Just referring to people in general. It's usually the RR. People act like the world is going to shit because someone tells you happy holidays or because there is a movie about gay cowboys. Who cares really. Things are much better now than at any other time in history. People who are always longing for the days of the past really confuse me. Things are so much better now. If anything I think I would rather be born a few years later than I was.

I always see the left badmouthing everything. They say the economy is bad when it's good. They say we've lost the war in Iraq when we've one. Your accusations are misplaced, devilboy.

rtwngAvngr said:
I always see the left badmouthing everything. They say the economy is bad when it's good. They say we've lost the war in Iraq when we've one. Your accusations are misplaced, devilboy.

If they ever get a liberal president elected, the exact same conditions that exist now will be considered to be perfect or someone elses' fault but that's not news to anyone here.

Powerman said:

You think everything is fine and dandy because you haven't enough years under your belt to have known any different. I on the other hand have.

I can remember better days. You can't. Simple.

And you're a liberal. You 'prefer' all the heathenistic changes. I don't. You sympathise with terrorists. I don't. You think faggots and their butt fucking ways is beautiful. I don't. You think the wholesale slaughter of the unborn isn't murder. I don't. You think john kerry, howie dean and slick willie are great men. I don't. You think there's no war Christianity. I don't. Your "I don't give a fuck" attitude is common to young, ignorant punks like yourself. That's what they're teaching you poor fucks in schools today. Liberal bullshit.

Wait until you're fifty years old junior, and some little twirp starts telling you you're out of line. The hair on the back of your neck will stand up too.

Powerman said:

and WHO is doing the complaining here?

Pale Rider said:
You think everything is fine and dandy because you haven't enough years under your belt to have known any different. I on the other hand have.

I can remember better days. You can't. Simple.

And you're a liberal. You 'prefer' all the heathenistic changes. I don't. You sympathise with terrorists. I don't. You think faggots and their butt fucking ways is beautiful. I don't. You think the wholesale slaughter of the unborn isn't murder. I don't. You think john kerry, howie dean and slick willie are great men. I don't. You think there's no war Christianity. I don't. Your "I don't give a fuck" attitude is common to young, ignorant punks like yourself. That's what they're teaching you poor fucks in schools today. Liberal bullshit.

Wait until you're fifty years old junior, and some little twirp starts telling you you're out of line. The hair on the back of your neck will stand up too.

In fifty years from now, if he is still alive, he will have become a conservative.

Fact is, on a board like this, most of the news is about how conservative values are attacked. Im sure if you joined some of us for a weekend time of fun, you would see how much we really do enjoy our lifes.

Fact also is, a persons happiness comes from within, the outside things make life more comfortable, but not happier. I have met plenty of poor people in the mountains of the Philipines who dont have running water, and they are happier than some rich people here.
Happiness comes from moral choices we make for the most part. Question, a man drops his wallet. You think, if I keep it I will get to spend the money, will that make me happy? If I return it, will it make me happy?
ANSWER, ask this, will my action make me FEEL BETTER, or FEEL BETTER ABOUT MYSELF?

THATS how you build self esteem, which creates happiness, not this bogus crap they teach in schools, where you can fail and they teach you its ok and to feel good about yourself even when you are failing.

Now if you want, you can come along with us, my son, his gf, and me, three conservatives, as we jump in my SL 500 and SPEED down the freeway to san diego to watch the chargers kick the Broncos asses. In the meantime, we will be looking for liberal bumper sticker so we can get them with our "super soakers" full of soapy water, hahahhahahhahahah

Forum List

Back