This is such a great Speech...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
Bush is truely laying out a plan for the future. So many ideas. Some i don't agree with but very many i do. The main point, he has LOTS of ideas for our country. All of them optimistic.

Great speech, it had everything:

Adequate discussion of the past
Clear detailed plan for the future.
Effective comparison between him and his opponent.
The twins looked good, and perhaps more importantly, didn't speak.
Humor. (The swagger/walking line was priceless. I laughed aloud.)
Sadness.
Hope.
Sincerity.

Hell, it even had protest, which in my opinion, in this instance, just made the Democrats look bad. ("25 million people are free","booooooo!")

Was it long? Yep. Too long? Not at all. There was a lot to say, and he covered it all. Good job.

it was a great speech. alittle long but alot of those things needed to be said. i love how the entire convention was a conservative agenda.

it was a great speech. alittle long but alot of those things needed to be said. i love how the entire convention was a conservative agenda.

Not a TRUE conservative agenda, but a great speech when compared to Flipper reporting for duty
:eek:

The man is just so honest and friendly. Did you see him after the speech talking to delegates from the stage? You can see him saying things like "How are you doing, bill." He's just a down to Earth Guy that became president.

Thats why i think he's so hated in Wahsington by the Dems. Thats why they've villified him to their base. They cant stand that a guy as nice and as personable as him made it to the top and has prospered while he was there.

4 more years, 4 more years, 4 more years...

I don't see how any rational unaffiliated person, when comparing the President with Sen. Kerry, could choose not to re-elect President Bush.

Granted I am biased, but:

sincerity vs. a forced, paper thin, smile

ideas and plans vs. platitudes and demagoguery

easy-going friendly affability vs. mechanical delivery

down-to-earth regular guy vs. lecturing pedantic professor

emotion vs. a brick wall

dignified well spoken wife vs. an imbecile who is in fact just opinionated (ironic really when you consider her speech)

Some men might think that's an irrelevant comparison. But those people aren't seriously involved with a woman or, if they are, don't respect them.

A man's choice of a partner might say more about him than any other single factor.

Compare even the 'attacks'. Any attacks delivered at the RNC, save from the Democrat (interesting isn't it?), were delivered humorously. All attacks out of the DNC were vitriolic, bitter, and hardly diplomatic.

There might be two main contenders for the presidency, but in my opinion there's no contest.

As I have been reflecting on his speech - I am still very much moved by the amount of emotion displayed toward the end of the speech.

You could see the man was near tears when he was talking about personally witnessing the suffering of the familes of 9/11, families of soldiers that have fallen and his amazement that they would offer prayers for him. I could see the mist in his eyes, the tightening of his lips and throat and the dead give away, the nose.

I cannot in my wildest imagination see anything like that coming from flipper. Fox showed some of his snippets from an apparent speech he gave right after Bush's and I wanted to puke.

The dead give away was the downturned mouth when he began those few sentences. He was giving the 'speech of his life' while simultaneously battling his own overwhelming emotions and barely winning.

I simply can't imagine the emptiness in the hearts of his most hateful detractors, or what awful thing caused it to be there, because it's uncomprehensible.

And liberals wonder why they get such awful treatment when they come here to shovel their shit....

If you can watch that speech and tell me you think he sent Americans to die so he could make a profit or please his dad or whatever, well, then you need therapy.

And liberals wonder why they get such awful treatment when they come here to shovel their shit....

If you can watch that speech and tell me you think he sent Americans to die so he could make a profit or please his dad or whatever, well, then you need therapy.
:clap::clap::clap:

Bullypulpit said:
Actually, his corpse would be acceptable. And Reagan had, and still has, something Dubbyuh totally lacks...character.

The fact that you say George W. Bush has no character proves one of two things. Either you didn't watch his speech, or you're complete and total idiot when it comes to judging character. Possibly both.

George W. Bush has more true character and integrity in his nose hair than John Kerry has in his entire body. There is no way that an elitist, robotic snob from Boston deserves to unseat the man who spoke Thursday night.

To rephrase something said by a childish entertainer many months ago: I'm proud the President of the United States is from Texas.

Zhukov said:
Great speech, it had everything:

Adequate discussion of the past
Clear detailed plan for the future.
Effective comparison between him and his opponent.
The twins looked good, and perhaps more importantly, didn't speak.
Humor. (The swagger/walking line was priceless. I laughed aloud.)
Sadness.
Hope.
Sincerity.

Hell, it even had protest, which in my opinion, in this instance, just made the Democrats look bad. ("25 million people are free","booooooo!")

Was it long? Yep. Too long? Not at all. There was a lot to say, and he covered it all. Good job.

It was a little long, but they said it was interrupted 108 times for applause so that would tend to add a little length. Still, even witht he length, it didn't seem like it was all that long, adn that's usually the mark of a great speech.

insein said:
The man is just so honest and friendly. Did you see him after the speech talking to delegates from the stage? You can see him saying things like "How are you doing, bill." He's just a down to Earth Guy that became president.

Thats why i think he's so hated in Wahsington by the Dems. Thats why they've villified him to their base. They cant stand that a guy as nice and as personable as him made it to the top and has prospered while he was there.

4 more years, 4 more years, 4 more years...

You know, it never occurred to me till you laid it out - the Democrats don't want a President, they want a king. Why else would they nominate a Massachusetts blue-blood patrician with a superiority complex? Kerry doesn't give a rat's-ass what the people want. He thinks that he's way too intelligent to listen to "commoners". Perhaps Democrats have a need to be treated like children and to be led around by the nose. That would certainly explain a lot.

Forum List

Back