this is so wrong in this 'great' country

I would agree that the OP paints a pretty sad picture.

There is much we don't know about the situation that would be good to know before reaching any final conclusions.

In general, society has to ask itself what it wants.

Society wants Soviet style total control. In prison, and it centrally heated dorms, all others prohibited.

I don't believe that is the case generally. Otherwise, we'd have it.

We don't.

We have Donald Trump as a reaction to those who would take us in that direction.

I agree, but luckily the USA elections are never decided by popular vote but by electoral college. If it was by popular vote, then only Clinton would be on the ballot, because new york city and Los Angeles would always decide everything. So luckily, America doesn't have to elect what society wants. Otherwise it would already be Soviet Union 2.0.

Yes, that is the case.

But we did elect Brack Obama....twice.

And we seemed to decide that we didn't like that.

Clinton's 3 million advantage means nothing to me.

What I found significant was that rust belts states turned red.....

Have to wonder if they now get bashed like other red states (do they suddenly start taking more tax dollars than they produce ?)

If they are that poor, shouldn't they be getting virtually free insurance through ObamaCare?
Medicaid may pay for her treatment but it will not will not pay for her husband's hotel room.

He needs to keep selling wood. And this is the most wonderful time of the year for that.

----------

BTW, the OP still has not said why she has a beef with firewood merchants. WTF is their problem.

If MS did not expand Medicaid they will not pay for her treatment and I don't think MS expanded.

There is much we don't know about the situation that would be good to know before reaching any final conclusions.

Society wants Soviet style total control. In prison, and it centrally heated dorms, all others prohibited.

We don't.

We have Donald Trump as a reaction to those who would take us in that direction.

I agree, but luckily the USA elections are never decided by popular vote but by electoral college. If it was by popular vote, then only Clinton would be on the ballot, because new york city and Los Angeles would always decide everything. So luckily, America doesn't have to elect what society wants. Otherwise it would already be Soviet Union 2.0.

Yes, that is the case.

Have to wonder if they now get bashed like other red states (do they suddenly start taking more tax dollars than they produce ?)

Very interesting question, I don't yet see too many bashings on Ohio for example. This may be like a propaganda market both ways game, I guess.

We don't.

Yes, that is the case.

It would be a mistake by the GOP to think that those states have really turned red. One election does not flip a state.

We don't.

Yes, that is the case.

It would be a mistake by the GOP to think that those states have really turned red. One election does not flip a state.

It is an interesting phenomenon though, that generally, those that stay back at company town after the company closes, usually switch from left to right. I guess this is for fear of crime and fear of company repeating itself.

We don't.

Yes, that is the case.

It is an interesting phenomenon though, that generally, those that stay back at company town after the company closes, usually switch from left to right. I guess this is for fear of crime and fear of company repeating itself.
I wouldn't really know. Perhaps they reach the conclusion that they were backing the wrong horse.

That Smith and his wife would have to depend on unreliable, capricious donations from strangers is completely unacceptable in a great and prosperous Nation such as ours.

This suggests that coercing "donations" from strangers, as an alternative to relying on their voluntary donations, is the moral high-ground.

That Smith and his wife would have to depend on unreliable, capricious donations from strangers is completely unacceptable in a great and prosperous Nation such as ours.

This suggests that coercing "donations" from strangers, as an alternative to relying on their voluntary donations, is the moral high-ground.

In his mind, just suggesting something against the leftist view of forced "goodness" is reprehensible.

New Topics

Forum List

Back