This is so sspppeecciiaaalll!!!!

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
11dec05

US 'peace mom' subject of play

US peace activist Cindy Sheehan, who won wide attention with a vigil outside President George W. Bush's ranch in the name of her soldier son killed in Iraq, is the subject of a new play by Nobel laureate Dario Fo.

Peace Mom received its world premiere in London yesterday, starring British actress Frances de la Tour, with both Ms Sheehan and Italian dramatist Fo in the audience.
The one-woman show is based on extracts from Ms Sheehan's letters to Mr Bush and other writings. De la Tour delivered the monologues beneath large pictures of Ms Sheehan's son Casey and a tank in the Iraqi desert in front of a plume of fire.

"Frances did such an amazing job of conveying my feelings of anger and betrayal," a tearful Ms Sheehan said after the play.

She said she hoped the play would help "put a human face" on the war.

Ms Sheehan, from Vacaville, California, has become one of the best-known figures calling for US troops to be withdrawn from Iraq since she protested for several weeks outside Mr Bush's ranch in Crawford, Texas, in August.

Mr Bush has said he sympathises with Ms Sheehan over the death of her son in 2004 but will not pull out US forces. Some of his supporters have gone further, accusing her of being an advocate of surrender in the face of terrorism.
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,17536288^1702,00.html
:puke:

Stephanie said:
11dec05

US 'peace mom' subject of play

US peace activist Cindy Sheehan, who won wide attention with a vigil outside President George W. Bush's ranch in the name of her soldier son killed in Iraq, is the subject of a new play by Nobel laureate Dario Fo.

Peace Mom received its world premiere in London yesterday, starring British actress Frances de la Tour, with both Ms Sheehan and Italian dramatist Fo in the audience.
The one-woman show is based on extracts from Ms Sheehan's letters to Mr Bush and other writings. De la Tour delivered the monologues beneath large pictures of Ms Sheehan's son Casey and a tank in the Iraqi desert in front of a plume of fire.

"Frances did such an amazing job of conveying my feelings of anger and betrayal," a tearful Ms Sheehan said after the play.

She said she hoped the play would help "put a human face" on the war.

Ms Sheehan, from Vacaville, California, has become one of the best-known figures calling for US troops to be withdrawn from Iraq since she protested for several weeks outside Mr Bush's ranch in Crawford, Texas, in August.

Mr Bush has said he sympathises with Ms Sheehan over the death of her son in 2004 but will not pull out US forces. Some of his supporters have gone further, accusing her of being an advocate of surrender in the face of terrorism.
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,17536288^1702,00.html
:puke:

Cindy being from Vacaville,Ca...not as famous as "Folsom" however they both host California Prison populations...maybe she missed her calling as a Prison Guard.. :puke3:

dilloduck said:
But how will it play in Peoria ?? :laugh:

lol. I'm not sure how it would do in Peoria, but I can see it how it would play in Hollywierd..

hollywood reporter- The red carpet has been laid down, all the hollywierd elite are showing up, being dropped off from their block long limo's, all decked out in their bling. The adoring Mother crowds are strung out for mile's, waiting with baited breath to catch just a glimpse of her.. (Wait what's this) folk's I just heard that Sen, and Bj Clinton are going to be here....

Ah, don't ask me what got into me??? Too much cabin fever.. :laugh:

New Topics

Forum List

Back