This is seriously messed up. WTF?!?!?

I think it would have made more sense for Jindal to call Obama instead of going back to his office and issuing a press release.

But hey, that's just what I would have done.
Ravi, did you read this?

"The governor said he didn't have the authority to overrule the Coast Guard's decision, though he said he tried to reach the White House to raise his concerns.

It seems the best way of handling a potential problem like this would be to send a party on board to check those possible deficiences rather than hold up vital operations, if those operations were indeed seen as being vital.

It appears that this whole affair is being treated as "business as usual", no one is really willing to think outside the box for fear of getting this asses burned.
I don't buy it. I don't believe that if Jindal called up and said that he needed to speak to the president on an urgent matter that he would not have been put through.

Why not? by this time Jindal is just a thorn in the president's side. We've seen how the president values his time, and how he guards it adamantly.

And anyway, who among the president's base is going to believe (witnessed by you) it when anyone says anything about the president's dilligence.

Is it just me, or does anyone else get the feeling that Jindal is less concerned with protecting his state than he is concerned about scoring cheap political points?

Why didn't he just call Obama instead of going back to his office to issue a press release?

cheap? political points? I'd say they were verwy damn expensive political points.. but that's just me see. :eusa_whistle:

How 'bout you take that tin foil hat you are wearing, have glennbeck fashion it into a dildo, strap it on, and plug up your ass like a hole in the bottom of the ocean ... you know, loosely.
I'm not interested in your ass fetishes.

GLENN BECK!

LOL... it's just so funny to watch! I think I heard a circuit breaker kick out that time.

And I'm not interested in your Nazi jackboot fantasies.

BARACK OBAMA!

LOL ... it's just so funny to watch! I think I heard a new conspiracy theory kick out that time.
huh... nope... still able to apply critical thinking.

And if you're not interested in being called a jackbooted nazi, quit acting like one.

Seig heil.

I think it would have made more sense for Jindal to call Obama instead of going back to his office and issuing a press release.

Ravi, did you read this?

"The governor said he didn't have the authority to overrule the Coast Guard's decision, though he said he tried to reach the White House to raise his concerns.

It seems the best way of handling a potential problem like this would be to send a party on board to check those possible deficiences rather than hold up vital operations, if those operations were indeed seen as being vital.

It appears that this whole affair is being treated as "business as usual", no one is really willing to think outside the box for fear of getting this asses burned.
I don't buy it. I don't believe that if Jindal called up and said that he needed to speak to the president on an urgent matter that he would not have been put through.

that just shows the level of your ignorance. Gov. Brewer could not get through either and she's still waiting on the troops he promised to send when he finally did lower himself to speak to her. but hey.. it took him 58 days to speak to the CEO of BP so what the hell hey?

I'm not interested in your ass fetishes.

GLENN BECK!

LOL... it's just so funny to watch! I think I heard a circuit breaker kick out that time.

BARACK OBAMA!

LOL ... it's just so funny to watch! I think I heard a new conspiracy theory kick out that time.

And if you're not interested in being called a jackbooted nazi, quit acting like one.

Seig heil.

And if your not interested in looking like tin foil hat wearing RWL quit citing glennbeck.

Now go do some wind sprints on a rocky path while carrying scissors.

Looks like Bobby Jindal is a big fat liar.

On Thursday night, the Incident Commander in Houma, Roger Laferriere, decided with the captain of the port in New Orleans to inspect the barges when they realized the ships did not have a certificate of inspection to demonstrate safety equipment on board. Thursday morning, the ships were inspected and grounded because they did not have the proper fire-fighting and life-saving equipment. There were also concerns about the stability of the barges. During the day Thursday, the problems were fixed, and the barges are back out on the water today.

Coast Guard defends grounding oil-sucking barges in Gulf | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

I want to hear his tape of his "call to the White House".

On Thursday night, the Incident Commander in Houma, Roger Laferriere, decided with the captain of the port in New Orleans to inspect the barges when they realized the ships did not have a certificate of inspection to demonstrate safety equipment on board. Thursday morning, the ships were inspected and grounded because they did not have the proper fire-fighting and life-saving equipment. There were also concerns about the stability of the barges. During the day Thursday, the problems were fixed, and the barges are back out on the water today.

Coast Guard defends grounding oil-sucking barges in Gulf | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

they grounded the ships where's the lie?

Ravi, did you read this?

that just shows the level of your ignorance. Gov. Brewer could not get through either and she's still waiting on the troops he promised to send when he finally did lower himself to speak to her. but hey.. it took him 58 days to speak to the CEO of BP so what the hell hey?
And then he blind-sided Brewer with Hillary's announcement from a country in South America, Ecuador, that the Administration wil bring suit against Arizona after assuaging her doubts.

This is a classic case of blind-siding, only this adminstration has ever resorted to; truly Chicago politics personified.

Last edited:
Coast Guard Orders Barges to Stop

So why stop now?

"The Coast Guard came and shut them down," Jindal said. "You got men on the barges in the oil, and they have been told by the Coast Guard, 'Cease and desist. Stop sucking up that oil.'"

A Coast Guard representative told ABC News today that it shares the same goal as the governor.

"We are all in this together. The enemy is the oil," said Coast Guard Lt. Cmdr. Dan Lauer.

But the Coast Guard ordered the stoppage because of reasons that Jindal found frustrating. The Coast Guard needed to confirm that there were fire extinguishers and life vests on board, and then it had trouble contacting the people who built the barges.

BP Oil Spill: Against Gov. Bobby Jindal's Wishes, Crude-Sucking Barges Stopped by Coast Guard - ABC News

these fucking people are behaving in a criminally inept way. unbelievable.

i'm starting to agree that bush handled katrina better, and the way bush handled katrina was fucking pitiful.

This is why the Federal government fails at everything it does. They place bureaucracy over urgency and plain common sense.

No, no, no, Ravi. This is all part of some evil plot and Gary Coleman is overseeing it all. You see, he didn't die, he was really kidnapped by the Obama Administration .. they now dress him up in the same clothes at Barack and call him Mini-POTUS.

BARACK OBAMA!

Seig heil.

And if your not interested in looking like tin foil hat wearing RWL quit citing glennbeck.

Quit citing Glenn Beck?????? BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAAAAA>gasp<AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHOHOHOHOHOHHHHEEEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEEEE

[Pat Grey's liberal weenie voice] how dare you use sources that debunk my politi-religion! You're not allowed to make good points or even think! Shut up and die die die die! You can't be allowed to live. Stop making me cry like a little bitch pointing out I'm acting like a jackbooted nazi cause I wanna kill those who disagree with me. Mommy! Mommy! Mommmyyyyyyyyyyy!!![/Pat Grey's liberal weenie voice]

Cowboy the fuck up Sally Frillypants and own your true politics. You make statements like this and I will call your ass out every time.

Article 15 said:
glennbeck could tell me the sky is blue and my response would be to deck him in his fat, bloated head then say, "fuck you it's sky blue."

So yeah. Till you back away from this totally dipshitted reactionary fascist point of view... seig heil.

how does the fact that Glen Beck said x, y or z change the veracity of what was said? If Ethel Mertz said it, does that make it true? This argument always bugs me.

Now, given the veracity level of Zona, Ravi and 0bama, if they said it was raining, I wouldn't bother with an umbrella until I went outdoors on my own first. The veracity of these guys does not change the weather, but the credibility of the their statements.

glennbeck could tell me the sky is blue and my response would be to deck him in his fat, bloated head then say, "fuck you it's sky blue."

This is Portland. The Sky is Grey. and usually, but not always, it rains.

So True or False does not matter to you. You just want to do violence to people you find annoying.

Ravi said it better:

Ravi said:
Glenn beck's point is stupid, btw.

Firefighters are trained and equipped to fight fires. There's a reason cities don't leave putting out fires to people with bad gear and little or no training.

It would endanger people.

At fires you usually see a line of cops keeping good Samaritans at a safe distance, so the fireman can get the job done without getting hurt.

True or false is the criterion. I don't like Ravi, who I think is a jerk ass. But this time the jerk ass is right. Ah, the agony of agreeing with Ravi. How will I ever recover.

But right is right, and stupid is stupid. Argue the logic, not the person.

I think governors need to start taping and releasing the tapes of conversations with the White House and show how they're being blown off or abused. That'd be funny to hear P-BO 'off the record'. See what kind of a leader he really is.

Seig heil.

Quit citing Glenn Beck?????? BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAAAAA>gasp<AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHOHOHOHOHOHHHHEEEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEEEE

[Pat Grey's liberal weenie voice] how dare you use sources that debunk my politi-religion! You're not allowed to make good points or even think! Shut up and die die die die! You can't be allowed to live. Stop making me cry like a little bitch pointing out I'm acting like a jackbooted nazi cause I wanna kill those who disagree with me. Mommy! Mommy! Mommmyyyyyyyyyyy!!![/Pat Grey's liberal weenie voice]

Cowboy the fuck up Sally Frillypants and own your true politics. You make statements like this and I will call your ass out every time.

Article 15 said:

So yeah. Till you back away from this totally dipshitted reactionary fascist point of view... seig heil.

Own up to what? It's the truth. If given the chance I would take great pleasure in rearranging that guy's face. It has nothing to do with my politics and it has everything to do with useless, nutbag political pundits who are agenda driven, and willing to lie or massively distort the truth to push that agenda. I'd do the same to Olberdouche, or a guy like Hannity, or Limbaugh, or Michael Moore.

You wanna call me a Nazi for that, have at it. I'll sleep just fine tonight.

And then he blind-sided Brewer with Hillary's announcement from a country in South America, Ecuador, that the Administration wil bring suit against Arizona after assuaging her doubts.

This is a classic case of blind-siding, only this adminstration has ever resorted to; truly Chicago politics personified.

I'm betting clueless didn't know she was gonna let his cat outta her bag! :lol:

I'm betting clueless didn't know she was gonna let his cat outta her bag! :lol:

It would seem so. Since we often hear that HRC is a highly valued and asbsolutely loyal member of the admininstration. If we go by the usual reversal of statements from facts, then Hillary is actually an independent agent polishing her own credentials to appear to be more than just Sec of State.

Article 15 said:

Own up to what? It's the truth. If given the chance I would take great pleasure in rearranging that guy's face. It has nothing to do with my politics and it has everything to do with useless, nutbag political pundits who are agenda driven, and willing to lie or massively distort the truth to push that agenda. I'd do the same to Olberdouche, or a guy like Hannity, or Limbaugh, or Michael Moore.

Well many Nazis were psychopaths. At least you're aware of your disability I guess. It's too bad you're not interested in treatment. The inability to disagree with someone without getting violent urges is a very bad sign. Seek help.

Ravi, did you read this?

I agree.

The CG could have sent a launch out and done the inspections barge by barge. The barges not being inspected could have carried on.

This is what happens when Govt takes over. One giant clusterfuck.

Hell. They should let Jindal run the show then it would get done. Jeeze.

Well many Nazis were psychopaths. At least you're aware of your disability I guess. It's too bad you're not interested in treatment. The inability to disagree with someone without getting violent urges is a very bad sign. Seek help.

It's not a matter of disagreeing with people ... I disagree with people all the time and don't have any violent urges. Like I said, it's douchebag pundits ... right or left. You on the other hand, seem to embrace these losers and take them seriously ... as long as they are on your team, I'm sure. That's sad.

Article 15 said:

But wait.............I thought the violence was from the right????????????

Forum List

Back