This is scary!

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
"The government is increasingly monitoring Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites for tax delinquents, copyright infringers and political protesters. A public interest group has filed a lawsuit to learn more about this monitoring, in the hope of starting a national discussion and modifying privacy laws as necessary for the online era."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/13/opinion/13sun2.html?_r=2

Oh it is even worse over here in Western Australia, we had a plumber fined because he was on his Facebook page telling people he was a plumber and if they needed plumbing call him.

He did not put his license number down on the site, and so he was fined.

I am a drunk, sexually promiscuous, some would call be a sinner, but I thank the good Lord above and the indifferent Darwin in my genes below that I am not a government bureaucrat.

Last edited:
that's OK I am monitoring them..and assessing their threat level...NSA is on my favorites list along with the CIA ..homeland security..and the FBI...I e-mail them regularly and when on a cell phone to start the conversation it is always fun to throw in keywords "HI JACK that ARAB girl the CLUB was the BOMB totally FLY..DEAD PRESIDENTS until Monday and we will go out and TERRORIZE again tonight ?" the best defence is a good offence...drown them in white noise

Last edited:
What did you expect? With the renewal and strengthening of the Patriot Act and FISA the Democrats are more likely to abuse it against their own citizens instead of using it to find and kill bad guys. Terrorists don't exist remember? They are just disgruntled citizens of the world.

I say the name Osama Bin Ladin, and chant death to America in every phone conversation I have. But then I babble on about wanting to fuck Angelina Jole and I think the NSA moves on.

I am trying, but the world makes it so hard, so very hard.

Still, I am not ready to step off this ride just yet.

"The government is increasingly monitoring Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites for tax delinquents, copyright infringers and political protesters. A public interest group has filed a lawsuit to learn more about this monitoring, in the hope of starting a national discussion and modifying privacy laws as necessary for the online era."

WHY is this scary? And who's scared, exactly?

WHY is this scary? And who's scared, exactly?

Well if their monitoring people for subscribing to a certain ideology then thats kinda wrong... even if it is the likes of the crazy, retarded, idiots from Stormfront.

However the fact of the matter is that anything you or other people put on facebook is public content and the government is perfectly within its authority to search facebook for pictures, information, etc about people.

The government is increasingly monitoring Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites for tax delinquents, copyright infringers and political protesters.http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/13/opinion/13sun2.html?_r=2

The Government monitoring what you post on Facebook is akin to them monitoring your communications with neighbors...that is, if you choose to communicate using a handheld loudspeaker while standing on the top of your roof.

This is the scary part. People who post things on facebook and such for the world to see and then get afraid of people looking at it.

I say the name Osama Bin Ladin, and chant death to America in every phone conversation I have. But then I babble on about wanting to fuck Angelina Jole and I think the NSA moves on.

You proved your half sane. I'd worry.

::sigh:: And to think, just a few weeks ago, conservatives were complaining that we didn't arrest the Ft. Hood Shooter based on his message board posts. Oy.

Governments must control everything. It's just what they do. Our Government will eventually control all of the content on the Internet as well as monitoring its users. They are already in the process of achieving this goal. Some so-called "Free & Democratic" nations like Australia and Great Britain have already begun their takeover. It's always a bit weird & comical every time i see these so-called "Free & Democratic" nations like Great Britain railing against oppressive nations like China for controlling their Internet while at the same time doing the same exact thing. It's the old misdirection magic trick. They publicly rail against these oppressive nations while privately adopting all of their same oppressive policies. Unfortunately the vast majority of the World's population really are just Sheep. They'll buy anything i guess. Orwell's 1984 really isn't all that far away.

Last edited:
I truly do hope that when they list the Veterans who are right wing radicals and possible terrorist suspects that they at least spell my name right.

Ollie with two ls, got it. The best way to tell for sure is crash the White House.

I have to agree that, while creepy, you have a choice in putting this information in the public domain.

You have no expectation of privacy.

Personally, I am more concerned about the privacy concerns raised by government use of Automated License Plate Recognition:

[youtube]WA5Gy32aqdo[/youtube]

Forum List

Back