This is sad.. Horshack dead at 63

The Infidel

EVIL CONSERVATIVE
May 19, 2010
AMERITOPIA
Ron Palillo Dead at 63 -- Horshack from 'Welcome Back, Kotter' Dies from Heart Attack | TMZ.com

Ron Palillo -- the actor who played Horshack on "Welcome Back, Kotter" -- died this morning at his home near Palm Beach, FL from an apparent heart attack ... this according to someone close to the actor.

We're told Palillo was found by his partner of many years Joseph Gramm around 4:00 AM. Gramm called an ambulance and Palillo was rushed to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

We're told the heart attack was very unexpected. Palillo was 63.

According to one of Palillo's colleagues at G-Star School of the Arts, Palillo had appeared to be in good health ... but was a heavy smoker. We're told he had been suffering from a bad cough and had even scheduled a doctor's appointment for today.

Palillo was known for calling out, "Ooh ooh ooh, Mr. Kotter" as one of the Sweathogs on the show ... which he appeared on with John Travolta from 1975 to 1979.

After Kotter, Palillo appeared in "Laverne & Shirley" and voiced a character on the Disney cartoon, "Darkwing Duck."

Palillo's "Kotter" co-star Robert Hegyes -- who played Epstein -- also passed away earlier this year after suffering a heart attack.

Welcome Back, Kotter Arnold Horshack Raising Hand - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
53995.6a00d83451b05569e20120a5777418970c-800wi.jpg

He had been teaching acting classes at a high school for the arts in Palm Beach County.

awwwwwwww.... horshack... an old and honorable name.

I pulled that gag on my wife while we were dating. For the longest time, she really thought that's what my name meant. :lol:

Nice avatar - that guy is one bizarre dude. Given his hair I think he is an alien...

There is also another guy who appears on a 2012 Nostradamus bullshit show on the History Channel that is just as bizarre and eccentric looking.... He tries to look like Nostradamus...

Some people take their obsessions too far...

Horshack was a legend. Our senior class play was "Welcome Back Kotter."
I played Vinnie Barbarino in the play...

True story..

RIP Ron.

Forum List

Back