This is really nice...

Syntax_Divinity said:
When did the board start looking this nice? I haven't been on in quite a while, and I saw that it was redone. I like it.

Thank you - it's all my doing...After I created the internet, i made this forum look neat.

- Al

-=d=- said:
Thank you - it's all my doing...After I created the internet, i made this forum look neat.

- Al

Actually, Al said "During my service is the United States congress, I took the initiative in creating the internet." This was in reference to his vote securing funding to turn the fledgling ARPANET (I think that was the initial name of the military internet). Last time I checked, congressmen took credit for initiatives which they voted to fund. And "took the initiative in creating" something, in the context of being a Senator VOTING for something, does not mean HE sat down and wrote the code for the internet. Sillyheads. :trolls:

nakedemperor said:
Actually, Al said "During my service is the United States congress, I took the initiative in creating the internet." This was in reference to his vote securing funding to turn the fledgling ARPANET (I think that was the initial name of the military internet). Last time I checked, congressmen took credit for initiatives which they voted to fund. And "took the initiative in creating" something, in the context of being a Senator VOTING for something, does not mean HE sat down and wrote the code for the internet. Sillyheads. :trolls:

:gives:

Feel better?

nakedemperor said:

LOL - that's a lot like the Olympic diving competition - you don't know who won till the judges tell you.

Apparently the same thing applies to statements by Democrats. You don't know what they REALLY said until another lib interprets it for you.

:huh:

Merlin1047 said:
LOL - that's a lot like the Olympic diving competition - you don't know who won till the judges tell you.

Apparently the same thing applies to statements by Democrats. You don't know what they REALLY said until another lib interprets it for you.

:huh:

Nah...It's just what happens when conservative weenies try to play games of semantics and get in over their little pinheads. :)

Bullypulpit said:
Nah...It's just what happens when conservative weenies try to play games of semantics and get in over their little pinheads. :)

LOL - good one. But how the hell would you know? Your only functioning brain cells are busy keeping you from soiling your shorts.

Oops. Sorry, I neglected to place a smilie with my last.

I truly intended it as a good-natured jab not to be taken seriously.

Sorry about that.

:beer: :) :) :)

nakedemperor said:

whether you say "I created the internet" or "I took the initiative in creating the internet" its still the same bs. He may have voted to secure funding for it but no reasonable person would take it to mean he created the internet any more than President Bush supporting the funding of education would take that to mean he created education. Nice try though.

Forum List

Back