This is really getting stupid...

JIHADTHIS said:
All these calls upon Bush to shut down the SVFT ads. The standard answer I hear is that Bush legally can't do this. Can someone point me to a link that supports this? I need ammo :smoke:

Enforcement Overview
The Federal Election Commission has exclusive jurisdiction over the civil enforcement of the federal campaign finance laws. The Commission has the authority to investigate alleged violations of these laws, and to seek appropriate remedies, including civil penalties, from individuals and organizations that violate these laws.
http://www.fecwatch.org/things/enforce.overview.asp
http://www.fecwatch.org/

Above linked to from......
http://www.opensecrets.org/
Don't know if that's what ya need..maybe it will help.

nakedemperor said:
Max wasn't 'used' or 'sent', he did it on his own.
Yeah...ok...and he also happens to be helping campaign for the wealthier of the 2 candidates...My guess he is getting a kickback on this, and maybe even a bonus if (that's a big IF) Kerry's elected.

If I were this guy, I would ask to be paid like $5 million (pocket change to Kerry) up front, then vote for Bush, and publicly announce it to the country that I was paid off by Kerry and voted for Bush.

fuzzykitten99 said:
Yeah...ok...and he also happens to be helping campaign for the wealthier of the 2 candidates...My guess he is getting a kickback on this, and maybe even a bonus if (that's a big IF) Kerry's elected.

Is it concievable that a Vietnam War vet, outspoken about the smearing of Kerry's service, felt strongly enough about this to do such a thing of his own accord? I'd say the odds are pretty good... Cleland's supporting Kerry because he's a democrat, but he's being so ardent about this specific issue because he knows the ads were dishonest. Veteran John McCain also spoke out against them, calling them "dishonest", you think he's getting a cut too?

What does being wealthier have to do with anything? You honestly think democratic constituents get monitary bonuses if their candidate is elected? :laugh: Sure thing. And Bush is also very very wealthy. He'd be wealthier if he didn't run 2 companies into the ground and bail stock on one of them in the process. In fact, he has the wealthiest administration in history. The poorest multi-millionaire, Condi Rice, has an Exxon tanker named after her.

nakedemperor said:
Is it concievable that a Vietnam War vet, outspoken about the smearing of Kerry's service, felt strongly enough about this to do such a thing of his own accord? I'd say the odds are pretty good... Cleland's supporting Kerry because he's a democrat, but he's being so ardent about this specific issue because he knows the ads were dishonest. Veteran John McCain also spoke out against them, calling them "dishonest", you think he's getting a cut too?

What does being wealthier have to do with anything? You honestly think democratic constituents get monitary bonuses if their candidate is elected? :laugh: Sure thing. And Bush is also very very wealthy. He'd be wealthier if he didn't run 2 companies into the ground and bail stock on one of them in the process. In fact, he has the wealthiest administration in history. The poorest multi-millionaire, Condi Rice, has an Exxon tanker named after her.

You Libs sure love to worship at the feet of Mcain and quote him ONLY on certain subjects when it suits your agenda LOL. HOWEVER he was not a swift boat vet. Who cares what he believes to be "dishonest" he was not there on the river with Kerry and the other vets. He does not know squat,he is just stating an opinion. My opinion is that Mcain is a whiny pain in the rear more often then not. God I'm glad he lost the primary in 2000.

nakedemperor said:
Is it concievable that a Vietnam War vet, outspoken about the smearing of Kerry's service, felt strongly enough about this to do such a thing of his own accord?

NO... it's not. kerry got three little scrathes as fast as he could so he would be sent home. One of which was "SELF INFLICTED". Once home, he pissed all over every man he left behind by disgracing their service by what he said to congress. kerry is a pathetic, disgusting piece of shit.

"What does being wealthier have to do with anything? You honestly think democratic constituents get monitary bonuses if their candidate is elected? Sure thing.

Yes, they are called social programs, Affirmative Action, Open Borders, Free health insurance for the poor, etc. The only problem is Kerry wants to do it with other peoples money.

nakedemperor said:

Is it concievable 200 Vietnam Vets who served with Kerry are outspoken because of Kerry's smearing of their records? Im not sure Kerry would be having this problem if he hadnt lied and testified that they committed war crimes. Yet naturally you dont care about the character of these men who served. Its not smearing Vietnam vets when they insult these men. only when being honest about Kerry.

As for McCain, you obviously hasnt read his book. He admits being dishonest. He says all politicians are dishonest and corrupt including himself. that was the whole reason he gave for campaign finance reform. Why the heck do you think I dont like him at all? He is corrupt so rather than resigning and letting someone who is not have his seat, he decides to pass a law trying to restrict the free speech of those who have anything bad to say about him.

BlueGin said:
You Libs sure love to worship at the feet of Mcain and quote him ONLY on certain subjects when it suits your agenda LOL. HOWEVER he was not a swift boat vet. Who cares what he believes to be "dishonest" he was not there on the river with Kerry and the other vets. He does not know squat,he is just stating an opinion. My opinion is that Mcain is a whiny pain in the rear more often then not. God I'm glad he lost the primary in 2000.
Agreed--Mcain got where he is today largely because of his former POW status. He, like Kerry, is struggling to find a way to validate himself since his attempt at finance reform failed miserably and has lead to the BS situation we have now. I personally believe that he seriously considerered being Kerrys' running mate also. VIET NAM IS OVER ! LONG OVER!! What have these people done to deserve the right to be our president? That is the issue!

Forum List

Back