This is pathetic.......even MEXICO looks down on our healthcare

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
By Chris Hawley, USA TODAY
MEXICO CITY — It sounds almost too good to be true: a health care plan with no limits, no deductibles, free medicines, tests, X-rays, eyeglasses, even dental work — all for a flat fee of $250 or less a year.
To get it, you just have to move to Mexico.

As the United States debates an overhaul of its health care system, thousands of American retirees in Mexico have quietly found a solution of their own, signing up for the health care plan run by the Mexican Social Security Institute.

The system has flaws, the facilities aren't cutting-edge, and the deal may not last long because the Mexican government said in a recent report that it is "notorious" for losing money. But for now, retirees say they're getting a bargain.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2009-08-31-mexico-health-care_N.htm

please post a link to the original article and do not post the entire article. thanks.~del

Last edited by a moderator:
You make my ass laugh. In case you haven't noticed dingbat MILLIONS of Mexicans pour across the border to get health care here in the US of KKKA.

i would not go to mexico to have a spinter removed. i will get some of that jose quervo though

i would not go to mexico to have a spinter removed. i will get some of that jose quervo though

Have you been to the US/Mexico border in the last 10 years?
It used to be that once you crossed the border you passed shops with blankets, pottery, cheap trinkets and tequilla.
Now when you cross the border you see row upon row of pharmacias, dentists and medical clinics.
Americans look at what they pay for prescriptions, simple dental procedures and routine procedures and find they can get it in Mexico at 20% of the cost in the US. Most of those people are repeat customers....so it can't be that bad

It used to be that once you crossed the border you passed shops with blankets, pottery, cheap trinkets and tequilla.
Now when you cross the border you see row upon row of pharmacias, dentists and medical clinics.
Americans look at what they pay for prescriptions, simple dental procedures and routine procedures and find they can get it in Mexico at 20% of the cost in the US. Most of those people are repeat customers....so it can't be that bad

Please.
Don't make accurate and realistic statements to a bunch of semi literate, flag waving, morons.
They didn't hear it from Coulter, Limbaloney or Hannutsy so it must be a lie.
Idiocracy.

yeah, several times, and its no different now than it ever has been. still the same ball of stinking shit.

tip the bottle and bite the lime

The system has flaws, the facilities aren't cutting-edge, and the deal may not last long because the Mexican government said in a recent report that it is "notorious" for losing money.

Sure you want to stick with this?

yeah, several times, and its no different now than it ever has been. still the same ball of stinking shit.

I realize you bypass the pharmacias, dental offices and medical clinics to get to the titty bars and brothels, but you must have noticed some change

I realize you bypass the pharmacias, dental offices and medical clinics to get to the titty bars and brothels, but you must have noticed some change

stip bars and whore houses are made for perverts like you.

the only change is the new dirt covering the old layer.

Oh yes, I know many people travelling to Mexico for their healthcare. They go their to get their drinking water too due to it's world-renowned effects.

What a dipshit.

Ok, I'll bite.. I don't thnk Mexico is in a position to be looking down on ANYBODY.

Now I'd say you just hit the nail on it's proverbial head. Mexico is a failed state,, million and millions fleeing, drug wars they cannot contain thousands killed and beheaded in the streets, cops corrupt.. yep,, we Americans just dream of the day we can go there for our health care! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yup, and as soon as you pass those (set up to cater to Gringos with dinero) you come in contact with the millions of Mexicans who cant afford the $250 per year. In essence their government program is designed to cater to those who can afford it, so much for helping out the poor.

Ok, I'll bite.. I don't thnk Mexico is in a position to be looking down on ANYBODY.

Now I'd say you just hit the nail on it's proverbial head. Mexico is a failed state,, million and millions fleeing, drug wars they cannot contain thousands killed and beheaded in the streets, cops corrupt.. yep,, we Americans just dream of the day we can go there for our health care! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It goes beyond Mexico. Medical tourism is a booming industry as Americans fly all over the world to obtain inexpensive medical treatment. Current hot spots for medical treatment include India, Malaysia and the Phillipines.

India, Malaysia and the Phillipines.

Sure.. whatever. And when Dr. Raja accidentally cuts off your testicle when you went for a tonsilectamy.... you're screwed.

The future of US healthcare if we don't fix our current system

For many medical tourists, though, the real attraction is price. The cost of surgery in India, Thailand or South Africa can be one-tenth of what it is in the United States or Western Europe, and sometimes even less. A heart-valve replacement that would cost $200,000 or more in the U.S., for example, goes for $10,000 in India--and that includes round-trip airfare and a brief vacation package. Similarly, a metal-free dental bridge worth $5,500 in the U.S. costs $500 in India, a knee replacement in Thailand with six days of physical therapy costs about one-fifth of what it would in the States, and Lasik eye surgery worth $3,700 in the U.S. is available in many other countries for only $730. Cosmetic surgery savings are even greater: A full facelift that would cost $20,000 in the U.S. runs about $1,250 in South Africa.

India, Malaysia and the Phillipines.

Sure.. whatever. And when Dr. Raja accidentally cuts off your testicle when you went for a tonsilectamy.... you're screwed.

I don't know if you have been in a US hospital in recent years but "Dr Raja" is doing most of the emergency room procedures

True.

Forum List

Back