this is one of the youngest murderers i can remember....

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona (AP) -- An 8-year-boy is accused of fatally shooting his father and another man in eastern Arizona.

St. Johns Police Chief Roy Melnick said Friday that the boy has been charged with two counts of premeditated murder after the shootings Wednesday.

The boy's father, 29-year-old Vincent Romero, and 39-year-old Timothy Romans were killed.

Melnick says police arrived at a home shortly after the shooting and found one victim just outside the front door. The other was found in an upstairs room.

Melnick says the boy initially denied involvement but later confessed.

St. Johns is a community of about 4,000 people more than 150 miles (241 kilometers) northeast of Phoenix

8-year-old accused of killing father, another man - CNN.com

this is the youngerst one i know of that killed adults.

FLAGSTAFF, Arizona (AP) -- An 8-year-boy is accused of fatally shooting his father and another man in eastern Arizona.

St. Johns Police Chief Roy Melnick said Friday that the boy has been charged with two counts of premeditated murder after the shootings Wednesday.

The boy's father, 29-year-old Vincent Romero, and 39-year-old Timothy Romans were killed.

Melnick says police arrived at a home shortly after the shooting and found one victim just outside the front door. The other was found in an upstairs room.

Melnick says the boy initially denied involvement but later confessed.

St. Johns is a community of about 4,000 people more than 150 miles (241 kilometers) northeast of Phoenix

8-year-old accused of killing father, another man - CNN.com

this is the youngerst one i know of that killed adults.

how do you charge an 8 year old with premeditated murder?

8 year olds can't even plan what they are gonna wear to school by themselves.

I'm glad you said youngest that killed adults because I recall the little boy who shot his kindergarten classmate like 6 or 7 years ago. He wasn't charged with murder.

how do you charge an 8 year old with premeditated murder?

8 year olds can't even plan what they are gonna wear to school by themselves.

I'm glad you said youngest that killed adults because I recall the little boy who shot his kindergarten classmate like 6 or 7 years ago. He wasn't charged with murder.

I was going to wait a day or two, see if more information came forth.

the kid confessed....not much more to be said about that...the class mate shooting was ruled accidential if i am not mistaken two kids playing with a gun...the devil is always in the details.

the kid confessed....not much more to be said about that...the class mate shooting was ruled accidential if i am not mistaken two kids playing with a gun...the devil is always in the details.

So the 8 year old just decided to off two adults, plan and carry it out? What's wrong with this picture under normal circumstances?

So the 8 year old just decided to off two adults, plan and carry it out? What's wrong with this picture under normal circumstances?

I agree.

Too many things not answered yet, kids can "confess" anything if they think they'll get in less trouble for it.

Was he abused and had enough?

Did someone put him up to it?

Is he covering for someone else?

Or is he a cold blooded murderer?

As Kathianne said, let's wait and see............

That's not how I remember the story.

Boy has violent history; Young suspect in slaying had attacked other students, father says - Flint Journal - mlive.com

The boy first pointed the gun at another classmate before firing the only bullet in the gun at Kayla, Busch said.

After shooting the girl, police said the boy walked into a nearby bathroom and put the gun in a trash can. School personnel held the boy until police arrived.

Classmate Brandon Benton said the boy showed him the gun during a reading class before the shooting.

This boy wasn't charged with a crime because according to the law children lack the capacity to form intent.

I'd be interested to know what was going on in that house where an 8 year old, first had access to a gun and second had the inclination to shoot and kill his own father and another man in separate parts of the house.

That's not how I remember the story.

Boy has violent history; Young suspect in slaying had attacked other students, father says - Flint Journal - mlive.com

This boy wasn't charged with a crime because according to the law children lack the capacity to form intent.

I'd be interested to know what was going on in that house where an 8 year old, first had access to a gun and second had the inclination to shoot and kill his own father and another man in separate parts of the house.

If this is the same kid, all the more reason I'm angry at my principal for arguing against reporting bd problems in K-2nd grade. We're mandated, but she feels 'soft' regarding the problems. I always report suspicions, 3 in 10 years, and encourage other teachers to do likewise.

The kids, on both ends of anger, deserve protection.

If this is the same kid, all the more reason I'm angry at my principal for arguing against reporting bd problems in K-2nd grade. We're mandated, but she feels 'soft' regarding the problems. I always report suspicions, 3 in 10 years, and encourage other teachers to do likewise.

What kind of things are you talking about Kathianne?

What do you mean your principal feels 'soft' regarding the problems? She ignores them, doesn't address them, sweeps them under the rug? I'm curious, because she sounds like mine!

Who do your report your suspicions of trouble children to?

yall seem real sure..evil doesnt start this early....or have you just never been around kids?

it will be interesting to find out why the 2nd adult could not stop him after he killed the first adult...

seems there are a lot of kids killing...how old was the kid in england who killed the 4 yr old...he is out of jail now i do believe...

I agree.

IMO part of the problem is that administrators at schools aren't willing to "offend" parents and say these kids have issues or worse aren't notifying authorities when obvious signs of bigger issues present themselves.

I pray for this 8 year old boy and whatever trauma he's endured til now can be addressed and he can lead a productive and happy life.

yall seem real sure..evil doesnt start this early....or have you just never been around kids?

it will be interesting to find out why the 2nd adult could not stop him after he killed the first adult...

seems there are a lot of kids killing...how old was the kid in england who killed the 4 yr old...he is out of jail now i do believe...

bones, I'm around this age kids every day for 181 days a year. I teach in the inner city, in one of the poorest neighboorhoods in my city.

I've seen a lot, but nothing like this. I am sure a human can have evil intent inside them, and start to show it at a young age.

But, we don't know the full story of this situation yet is all I'm saying.

I think there are children who have mental illnesses and are dangerous, yes. That isn't evil.

Children aren't BORN evil IMO....they are made evil, at this young age anyway.

the boy who killed the 4 year old I believe was 11 or 12 maybe? He lured the 4 year old away and bashed his head in with a rock. BIG difference between an 8 year old and a 11 year old...IMO anyway. Kids change drastically in that 3 year span.

:clap2: You can always spot the ones without children. :clap2:

I have a 14 year old daughter... I love how presumptuous some people are. :cuckoo:

I've been a pre-school teacher too. Kids aren't born bad IMO...just like they aren't born racist....they are taught the behavior. Now some might be born with mental illnesses which make them dangerous but a child's inherent nature is to please the adults around them until they reach about the age of 9 or 10.

I'm interested to know the circumstance which would set the precedent to charge someone that young with homicide. I doubt it'll stick. A defendant must be able to assist in his own defense and I doubt highly this kid has the intellect to assist his counsel in this regard.

I have a 14 year old daughter... I love how presumptuous some people are. :cuckoo:

I've been a pre-school teacher too. Kids aren't born bad IMO...just like they aren't born racist....they are taught the behavior. Now some might be born with mental illnesses which make them dangerous but a child's inherent nature is to please the adults around them until they reach about the age of 9 or 10.

Don't try to reason with a troll. We are having a discussion on here about why a child would commit murder, and xsited comes on thinking he can be "funny" by trolling us, because he admits he likes to troll the "libs."

Just ignore him, you don't have to defend yourself to him silence.

Anyway, I agree that:

The evils that are brought onto a child in their young age is what makes them into what they become as they age.

I have seen all kinds of abuse where I teach, the father putting the cigs out on his sons arms, the sister and even the baby being molested by the big brother, the sexual abuse of a 7 year old girl by mom's boyfriend, the little 8 year old's dead body stuffed inside a dumpster,,,,,,,yeah, I can see where a child may become evil.

Then it's time for you to wake up.

Forum List

Back