This is one of the reasons why I do not live in Cincinnati anymore

Trinity

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2004
Gunman Opens Fire at Tri-State K-Mart

http://www.fox19.com/Global/story.asp?S=2217274&nav=0zHEQDgM&Call=Email&Format=HTML

Hamilton County Deputies are trying to figure out why a man with a handgun killed a K-Mart employee, shot a customer and then turned the gun on himself.

A witness who called 911 for help described what she saw: "Okay, one shot and he's not breathing? Yeah, he got shot in the head. The other one's in the front by the front door."

The shooting happened around 7:30 Tuesday night at the K-Mart on Colerain Avenue. Police say Paul Faith, 25, of Green Township shot and killed K-Mart employee, Paul Heid, 22, of Colerain Township. Faith also took aim at a customer from Mt. Healthy, James Patrick Daly, who was shot in the mouth. He is still in the hospital and his condition is not known.

A sheriff's deputy fired once at Faith as he sped away in a car. After a 70 mile an hour chase down Colerain Avenue, he was stopped. Faith then quickly shot and killed himself on Beekman Avenue. Investigators are not yet sure of a motive.

Maybe Krisy and Wolfsblood can fill us in on more details since this happened about 2 blocks from their house!!!

And you wonder why I moved to the country!!!!

I had no idea it even happened until I watched the local news last night. This is NOT typical of our area in particular,but more in downtown Cincinnati. I'm not positive,but I don't think the guy was even trying to rob the place,but had something against that employee in particular. Crime happens in every big city,but like I said,it's far worse downtown. Overall,we are happy with our area.. I was surprised though,because I didn't hear any sirens or anything! Apparently they chased him all the way downtown until he shot himself in the car. I was shocked when I saw it on the news though.

A 70-mph chase down Colerain, huh? Wow - this guy got a whole different take on the "blue light special", didn't he?

musicman said:
A 70-mph chase down Colerain, huh? Wow - this guy got a whole different take on the "blue light special", didn't he?

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Forum List

Back