This is odd...

Since you seem to want to bring it up, I don't care a bit about terrorists from any country. You can compare collateral damage in a Military strike against valid targets to a terrorist bomb all you like. Doesn't change the fact that while we do all we can to minimize collateral damage; terrorists do all they can to maximize it.

May the fleas of a thousand camels nest in the crotch of all terrorists.

I'm glad you're able to use the set up.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Don't forget the Idiots they sent into Bosnia to "help contain" Serbian atrocities.
Funny you should mention that after Colin's remark. Guess who else was in Bosnia?

Bosnia-Herzegovina: New Book Investigates Presence Of Al-Qaeda - Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty 2010

Ironically, so was Amir Khattab. Interview from a BBC documentary:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQYVKIqre4M]YouTube - the smell of paradise part 4 documentary[/ame]

The Russians would have trouble fighting their way out of a wet paper bag.
Not if it was lined with Chechen civilians. :thup:

Since you seem to want to bring it up, I don't care a bit about terrorists from any country. You can compare collateral damage in a Military strike against valid targets to a terrorist bomb all you like. Doesn't change the fact that while we do all we can to minimize collateral damage; terrorists do all they can to maximize it.

May the fleas of a thousand camels nest in the crotch of all terrorists.
The attack targeted Russian military commanders and leaders of the Chechen puppet government. If the object had been to inflict "maximum damage" (an idea that makes little sense when one remembers that this occurred in Chechnya), you'd think the attackers would have done more than plant a single bomb directly under their target.

Clearly, though, any Muslim who takes up arms is a "terrorist". Sterling logic, Sergeant. :cuckoo:

Oh please tell us about the compassion of the Chechen terrorists.

"The Beslan school hostage crisis (also referred to as the Beslan school siege or Beslan massacre)[2][3][4] was a three day hostage-taking of over 1000 people which ended in the deaths of over 300. It began when a group of armed mostly Ingush and Chechen terrorists took more than 1,100 people (including 777 children[5]) hostage on September 1, 2004, at School Number One (SNO) in the town of Beslan, North Ossetia, an autonomous republic in the North Caucasus region of the Russian Federation. The hostage taking was carried out by a group sent by the Chechen warlord Shamil Basayev, which issued demands of an end to the Second Chechen War. On the third day of the standoff, Russian security forces stormed the building, using tanks, thermobaric rockets, and other heavy weapons.[6] A series of explosions shook the school, followed by a fire which engulfed the building and a chaotic gunbattle between the hostage-takers and Russian security forces. Ultimately, at least 334 hostages were killed, including 186 children;[7][8] hundreds more were injured and many were reported missing."

They also had more casualties than all the other allies combined.

That's because they can't fight. The Russian military only excels against "enemies" who aren't armed.

The Soviets also killed 20 times the number of Nazis than we did

That might have something to do with the Nazi invasion of their country. That didn't exactly happen in the US. While we're throwing around statistics, it bears mentioning that the Soviets murdered several times the number of civilians killed by Nazi extermination camps and mass executions.

Oh please tell us about the compassion of the Chechen terrorists.

"The Beslan school hostage crisis"...

What a foolish thing to bring up.

Chechen Mujahideen said:
250px-Doku_Umarov2.jpg

"No, in the eyes of the resistance such operations have no legitimacy. We ourselves were horrified by what they did in Beslan. Because we know the concrete facts of what our people hoped for, how it all began." - Dokka Umarov, current Amir of the Caucasus Emirate.

250px-Sadulayev.jpg

"Sadulayev, however, is credited with persuading warlord Shamil Basayev not to carry out any major terrorist attacks since Beslan." - Referring to Shaykh Abdul-Halim Sadulayev (KIA 2006), fourth President of the Chechen Republic of Ichkeria.

abuhafs2.jpg

"At the same time, he posted a letter on the internet in which he condemned the Beslan incident and denied any connection between 'the Ansar [Arabs] in Chechnya…with the killing of children, women and unarmed people in the Beslan school in North Ossetia…'" - Referring to Abu Hafs al-Urduni (KIA 2006), third Amir of foreign mujahideen in Chechnya.

Why don't I hear you complain when Russia perpetrates "Beslans" against Muslim civilians on a daily basis? Scratch that; the atrocities committed by Russia far exceed Beslan in savagery. Thankfully, none of the children in Beslan were raped or burned alive in their houses.

Russians 'mowed down fleeing civilian convoy' | World news | The Observer
RUSSIA/CHECHNYA
CIVILIAN KILLINGS IN STAROPROMYSLOVSKI DISTRICT OF GROZNY, HRW Report 2/2000
FEBRUARY 5: A DAY OF SLAUGHTER IN NOVYE ALDI
Russians' Killing of 100 Civilians In a Chechen Town Stirs Outrage - NYTimes.com

"Dozens of charred corpses of women and children lay in the courtyard of the mosque, which had been destroyed. The first thing my eye fell on was the burned body of a baby, lying in fetal position... A wild-eyed woman emerged from a burned-out house holding a dead baby. Trucks with bodies piled in the back rolled through the streets on the way to the cemetery.

While treating the wounded, I heard stories of young men - gagged and trussed up - dragged with chains behind personnel carriers. I heard of Russian aviators who threw Chechen prisoners, screaming, out their helicopters. There were rapes, but it was hard to know how many because women were too ashamed to report them. One girl was raped in front of her father. I heard of one case in which the mercenary grabbed a newborn baby, threw it among each other like a ball, then shot it dead in the air.

Leaving the village for the hospital in Grozny, I passed a Russian armored personnel carrier with the word SAMASHKI written on its side in bold, black letters. I looked in my rearview mirror and to my horror saw a human skull mounted on the front of the vehicle. The bones were white; someone must have boiled the skull to remove the flesh." - Khassan Baiev, The Oath: A Surgeon Under Fire

Who are the barbarians? Who are the defenders? The situation couldn't be more black and white, yet your prejudice blinds you.

I will be glad to condemn acts of terrorism carried out by Military personnel and Governments. I still say they prosecuted only some of the right people at Abu Graib. I do not condone these actions.

But you sure as shit make excuses for your terrorist buddies. You do not fight a military by attacking civilians.

Casualties are difficult to estimate due to severe Russian suppression of press freedom in the region, but these numbers should give everyone a general idea of what the situation is in the Caucasus.

First (1994-1996) and Second (1999-Present) Chechen Wars
  • Chechen civilians killed by Russian invaders: ~100,000
  • Russian civilians killed by Chechen defenders: ~1,000

I will be glad to condemn acts of terrorism carried out by Military personnel and Governments. I still say they prosecuted only some of the right people at Abu Graib. I do not condone these actions.

But you sure as shit make excuses for your terrorist buddies. You do not fight a military by attacking civilians.

The Emirate doesn't seem to have a policy of attacking civilians - the Metro bombings were a notable exception. Considering some of their statements, I don't believe that the Emirate was ever in complete agreement over those attacks anyway. Umarov was pushed over the edge by an incident in which Russian soldiers gunned down children who were gathering flowers near their village in Ingushetia. The subway attacks were apparently ordered in response.

Forum List

Back