This is not the first Iranian airliner shot down

My point was simply the cause of the disaster was the same, failure of a combat crew to control crew served weapons in a high stress environment and Iran is not the only military to make this kind of mistake. Many on this board were in lower grades of school at that time and may not be familiar.

Crew served weapons? You were a grunt or wanabee, weren't you?
Tread Head, if you don't mind.

A grunt on tracks then! The Aegis system is NOT a crew served weapon. In fact, it about as complex a weapons system that you have never seen.
All I know is what I read in wikipedia and that they mistook an airliner for an Iranian F-14. Sounded a little fishy, with knowledge acquired of civilian aviation transponders, but the explanation flew. I certain would not dispute. I did attend the Eastern Aviation accident investigation course at Fort Indian Town gap and passed. It didn't come up, since the course was in the mid 80s. Dad was a gunners mate on Columbia during the WWII. He was part of a gun crew. The ship obviously had weapons that were not personal weapons. If they call something different than crew served weapons systems in your navy then excuse the heck out of me. We learned from Dad, you can't dig a fox hole in the Ocean. That is why one brother went marines, I went Army. 11D /19D Enlisted 12B00 Officer. Armor for you swabbies.

So, what do you know about military IFF? I am betting "not a damned thing"!

Oh, BTW, an armor officer is a 19B. I work for the Army in recruiting.
Identification friend or foe, I assume is base on transponder signals that match current CEOI or civillain identifiers that don't change as often, or maybe it ain't And about your dumb ass remarks about 19B, That is current, not past tense. I've been out since late 90s. 12B is on my Basic Course graduation from the Armor School at Fort Knox, Ky, as an Armor Officer and remained same throughout my career. Prior to that, I came out of AIT at rank of SP 4 as an 11D10 (Armored Reconnaissance Scout). That changed within a year to 19D20, also Armored Reconnaissance Scout. Don't give me your condescending bullshit. I doubt you ever served at all sometimes.

Crew served weapons? You were a grunt or wanabee, weren't you?

A grunt on tracks then! The Aegis system is NOT a crew served weapon. In fact, it about as complex a weapons system that you have never seen.
All I know is what I read in wikipedia and that they mistook an airliner for an Iranian F-14. Sounded a little fishy, with knowledge acquired of civilian aviation transponders, but the explanation flew. I certain would not dispute. I did attend the Eastern Aviation accident investigation course at Fort Indian Town gap and passed. It didn't come up, since the course was in the mid 80s. Dad was a gunners mate on Columbia during the WWII. He was part of a gun crew. The ship obviously had weapons that were not personal weapons. If they call something different than crew served weapons systems in your navy then excuse the heck out of me. We learned from Dad, you can't dig a fox hole in the Ocean. That is why one brother went marines, I went Army. 11D /19D Enlisted 12B00 Officer. Armor for you swabbies.

Identification friend or foe, I assume is base on transponder signals that match current CEOI or civillain identifiers that don't change as often, or maybe it ain't And about your dumb ass remarks about 19B, That is current, not past tense. I've been out since late 90s. 12B is on my Basic Course graduation from the Armor School at Fort Knox, Ky, as an Armor Officer and remained same throughout my career. Prior to that, I came out of AIT at rank of SP 4 as an 11D10 (Armored Reconnaissance Scout). That changed within a year to 19D20, also Armored Reconnaissance Scout. Don't give me your condescending bullshit. I doubt you ever served at all sometimes.

So I was correct in saying you don't know anything about IFF and you don't stay current on your own military service.

Trump was obviously responsible for all of those airliner shoot-downs as well...

:rolleyes:

As Jonathon Gruber was exposed as pointing out repeatedly, Democrats not only believe snowflakes are gullible and stupid, Democrats COUNT ON them being gullible and stupid to get away with what they do...

The Boeing 737-800 was last seen on radar at 2,400 metres, according to the FlightRadar 24 monitoring website, hours after Tehran launched more than a dozen ballistic missiles at US facilities in neighbouring Iraq.

snip

In Washington, a Democrat who attended a classified briefing from Trump administration officials on Capitol Hill - including Defense Secretary Mark Esper, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and CIA Director Gina Haspel - said the briefers had no intelligence indicating the plane was shot down. The lawmaker spoke on condition of anonymity.

Five security sources - three Americans, one European and one Canadian - who asked not to be named, told Reuters the initial assessment of Western intelligence agencies was that the plane had suffered a technical malfunction and had not been brought down by a missile. There was evidence one of the jet's engines had overheated, the Canadian source said

Ukraine does not rule out attack as cause of plane crash in Iran
-----------------------------------------------
They must of felt safe to take off, I doubt Iran shot it down , even by accident, but they are going to be blamed for it.

So I was correct in saying you don't know anything about IFF and you don't stay current on your own military service.
No. They started started light and electronic markers on Armor vehicles due to lessons learned Gulf War I. After that time, did assignments at staff levels, no longer on the tread meets the ground level.

This is nothing but the left trying to tear down a clear win for Trump. Political games.

Iran is responsible for one of its people launching one of its missiles at an airliner.

Nobody else. End of story.

Forum List

Back