This is not settling quote

Sen. James Inhofe De-Rangels “I don’t have to read it, or know what’s in it. I’m going to oppose it anyways,” « AConservativeEdge

even though i don't like obama's vaguely worded and unbearably long bill, this is a bit troubling. if there is already a thread for this let me know.

“I don’t have to read it, or know what’s in it. I’m going to oppose it anyways,” -James Inhofe

That's not fair to the people who voted him into office, whether they are for or against. I don't care which party you belong to. Do your job. LAZY!

Sen. James Inhofe De-Rangels “I don’t have to read it, or know what’s in it. I’m going to oppose it anyways,” « AConservativeEdge

even though i don't like obama's vaguely worded and unbearably long bill, this is a bit troubling. if there is already a thread for this let me know.

“I don’t have to read it, or know what’s in it. I’m going to oppose it anyways,” -James Inhofe

That's not fair to the people who voted him into office, whether they are for or against. I don't care which party you belong to. Do your job. LAZY!

yeah, gotta love american senators

A perfect summation of the Republican platform for the rest of Obama's term, I'm sure./

This isn't the first time he has said something so incredibly stupid. He also said he is "alarmed" by the proposed closing of the detention camp at Guantanamo. He stated that
there has never been a case of torture there. That people there are treated better than in the federal prisons. Isn't that special?? :rolleyes:

But not reading the bill, and deciding to just oppose it, is plain nuts. What do his constituents think, I wonder? He is not properly representing them at all.

Well, he's just admitting what a good many other Repub congressmembers are thinking.

Well, he's just admitting what a good many other Repub congressmembers are thinking.

though he's the only one freely admitting, i doubt he's the only one who is like this, on either side.
'

Any health care legislation that threatens to Fine or possibly Imprison American Citizens for not having health insurance should be vehemently opposed by all of our politicians. If this is still in this current legislation than there will be no need to read the rest. That's a no-go for me right from the start. Lets hope our politicians end up agreeing with me. Btw,who in our Congress actually reads legislation anymore? This is rampant amongst all of our politicians both Democrat and Republican.

Any health care legislation that threatens to Fine or possibly Imprison American Citizens for not having health insurance should be vehemently opposed by all of our politicians. If this is still in this current legislation than there will be no need to read the rest. That's a no-go for me right from the start. Lets hope our politicians end up agreeing with me. Btw,who in our Congress actually reads legislation anymore? This is rampant amongst all of our politicians both Democrat and Republican.

you fail to read his quote properly. if you disagree fine, but when you're elected to represent your constituents you have an obligation to read what you're disagreeing with, and knowing what it is you disagree with.

Are you actually saying that it's only Republicans who do not read Legislation? Man i could go on and on with examples of Democrats who have openly admitted to never reading Legislation. This is a serious problem with both sides. My God,the Democrats wont even agree to allowing 72 hrs. for full reading of Legislation. It looks like they don't want them to read their Legislation. It looks like they just want to ram their boondoggles through. Like i said,if this current health care Legislation still includes Fining and possibly Imprisoning American Citizens for not having health insurance,all of our Politicians should vehemently oppose it. There would be no need to read the rest of the Legislation in my opinion. Hey just my take anyway.

Are you actually saying that it's only Republicans who do not read Legislation? Man i could go on and on with examples of Democrats who have openly admitted to never reading Legislation. This is a serious problem with both sides. My God,the Democrats wont even agree to allowing 72 hrs. for full reading of Legislation. It looks like they don't want them to read their Legislation. It looks like they just want to ram their boondoggles through. Like i said,if this current health care Legislation still includes Fining and possibly Imprisoning American Citizens for not having health insurance,all of our Politicians should vehemently oppose it. There would be no need to read the rest of the Legislation in my opinion. Hey just my take anyway.

read the post right above the first one you posted genius.

Yea so what's the point of your thread? If you are truly credible and wanted to show some real balance you would have shown examples of both sides admitting to not reading Legislation before voting. You instead chose to only show an example of a Republican admitting to this. You just don't seem to have a whole lot of credibility on this one. Sorry,but it is was it is in the end. Btw,why wont the Democrats agree to allowing at least 72 hrs. of full reading of their Legislation before voting? Seems like a pretty reasonable request to me no? Hmm?

Yea so what's the point of your thread? If you are truly credible and wanted to show some real balance you would have shown examples of both sides admitting to not reading Legislation before voting. You instead chose to only show an example of a Republican admitting to this. You just don't seem to have a whole lot of credibility on this one. Sorry,but it is was it is in the end. Btw,why wont the Democrats agree to allowing at least 72 hrs. of full reading of their Legislation before voting? Seems like a pretty reasonable request to me no? Hmm?
beats me i'm not a democrat or republican. i actually happened upon this quote by accident. i'm not targeting republicans buddy

New Topics

Forum List

Back