This is NOT good news

Well besides the obvious problems a few other things stuck out as well.

Firstly that Bush did his best to KEEP the information from the public, that in itself is pretty scary and dosent seem like american citizens safety is truly what is a priorty.

Secondly, I am all for research but it seems we are most likely researching how to USE THE STUFF AS WEAPONS against other people. Thats a problem on a few levels. The first is that we shouldnt be considering using such horrible weapons on people and secondly, once we find new weapons...we NEVER get to keep that info to ourself, it will ALWAYS spread and it becomes weapons OTHER people have and use as well.

I also dont how regulaters can say these accidents pose no threat to the public...it dosent even seem they are aware of ALL of the accidents even and since they make assumptions on some of the outcomes, they cant honestly say there is no threat.

Lastly, what if one of these accidents DOES really hit the public in a big way and the results cant be hidden from the public? Will we pass it off as a "terrorist attack" to save public criticism of the govt? Will the govt shirk its responsibility to the people since they may not even claim it was their fault but blame some anonymous "terrorists"? Its quite feasible that this is what the reaction could be if such an event did occur.

Why did I KNOW you would blame it all on Bush. Your a damn broken record. Also there is NO evidence in the story we are doing research for weapons NOR that the military type research that is done was where the accidents occurred. The increase in research was to find answers to things that COULD be used against us.

In and of it's self a good idea. The practice of it seems to be lacking though.

Forum List

Back