This Is Leadership?

It is pretty sad & ironic that an administration which claims everything is a "Crisis" has treated this real crisis like it's no big deal. Unfortunately this administration is rife with corruption & incompetence at this point. So much for "Hope & Change."

[IThere will be plenty of time for the President to investigate, potentially prosecute, talk tough and play the blame game AFTER the oil leak is stopped.

What's the difference?

It's not as if the same people who would be down there trying to plug the leak are instead pursuing an investigation.

If the president wasn't talking tough, and wasn't pursuing a criminal investigation you assholes would be attacking him for THAT.

Grow up for christ's sake. Show a little pride in your own ability to think, even if you have to fake it.

So ALL of you have still failed to answer whether or not you want the government to step in and fix this mess. It's a simple yes or no answer, but everyone wants to go on rants about community leaders and lack of experience, etc...

I know this might be hard, but try and answer with a yes or no.
Should Obama/government be stepping in and fixing this BP disaster?

While my previous post was a bit sarcastic I thought even someone like you might get the point. Obama/government are no more qualified to step in and fix things than the man on the moon!

The people with the most experience in deep water drilling are obviously having trouble stopping the flow, so only and idiot would think either Obama or our government is the answer.

Obama isn't in a hurry to find the right people nor is he in a hurry to work the problem.

Today was the first time he even spoke to the CEO of BP....50 sumodd days after the fact.

And what? BP's CEO is holding back on plugging the leak until the president talks to him?

You, my friend, are fucked up.

[IThere will be plenty of time for the President to investigate, potentially prosecute, talk tough and play the blame game AFTER the oil leak is stopped.

What's the difference?

It's not as if the same people who would be down there trying to plug the leak are instead pursuing an investigation.

If the president wasn't talking tough, and wasn't pursuing a criminal investigation you assholes would be attacking him for THAT.

Grow up for christ's sake. Show a little pride in your own ability to think, even if you have to fake it.

You seem to think that we would criticize him regardless of what he does.......the problem being is he's always doing the wrong thing.

Work the fucken problem first......then make heads roll afterward.

It's a reasonable expectation from the President.....isn't it?

For an administration which routinely calls everything a "Crisis",they sure have been pretty nonchalant about this real crisis. Their handling of this awful calamity has been both sad and shockingly inept. Hey Mr. President,this is a real crisis. It's not just another one of your phony manufactured crises. Time to get off the golf course sir.

What's the difference?

( ... lifting my first finger and thumb up to my forehead in the shape of an L )

I think I'll copy and paste your comments into an email and send them off to Rep. James Sensenbrenner. The Congressman who wrote the article.

While my previous post was a bit sarcastic I thought even someone like you might get the point. Obama/government are no more qualified to step in and fix things than the man on the moon!

The people with the most experience in deep water drilling are obviously having trouble stopping the flow, so only and idiot would think either Obama or our government is the answer.

Obama isn't in a hurry to find the right people nor is he in a hurry to work the problem.

Today was the first time he even spoke to the CEO of BP....50 sumodd days after the fact.

And what? BP's CEO is holding back on plugging the leak until the president talks to him?

I'm not your fucken friend.:hmpf:

I'm trying to discuss this in a reasonable manner...not throw around insults.

For everyone else who isn't into insults....

It's simple....talk to everyone involved immediately....find out from the horses mouth what the deal is....then get with experts to see if the CEO is full of shit.

Obama didn't even bother to do this.

Obama doesn't know what to do....this is painfully obvious.

So ALL of you have still failed to answer whether or not you want the government to step in and fix this mess. It's a simple yes or no answer, but everyone wants to go on rants about community leaders and lack of experience, etc...

So then blaming Obama for not fixing this sooner is probably pointless?

Since nobody wants to answer with a simple yes or no, I'm reduced to having to decipher what you guys want here. Problem is, I don't think any of you even know.....you just want to complain no matter what he does.

If he steps in and fixes it, then he is being too controlling and BIG GOVERNMENT is running our lives again, however if he stands back and lets BP run the show, he's not being a leader.

Let's not pretend here, no matter what he does, some (most Repubs on this site) will NEVER be happy. Your opinion of him will never change, so what's the point arguing.

Since nobody wants to answer with a simple yes or no, I'm reduced to having to decipher what you guys want here. Problem is, I don't think any of you even know.....you just want to complain no matter what he does.

If he steps in and fixes it, then he is being too controlling and BIG GOVERNMENT is running our lives again, however if he stands back and lets BP run the show, he's not being a leader.

Let's not pretend here, no matter what he does, some (most Repubs on this site) will NEVER be happy. Your opinion of him will never change, so what's the point arguing.

Of course he was going to take shit no matter what, but that doesn't mean people are going to stop having expectations. As a leader, in the midst of a crisis, he can't be overwhelmed by public opinion. His focus should be on solving the problem. Period.

The Prez chillin on the Golf course while an epic ecological genocide goes on and on? The VP chillin in South Africa enjoying some fun & sun and some soccer? Yea i think it's safe to say we can put that whole "Leadership" myth to bed once and for all. I see no leadership at all. How sad.

That seems to be the either/or fallacy. And I'm not buying it.

The choice was not for Obama to "step in and fix the problem." No one expected that. Obama's experience with oil consists of having other people change his.

What people did expect was for him to do what he could do to make the problem better. In this case "the problem" is not the spill but the environmental damage from it. BP should be taking care of the spill since they have more expertise than Obama does.

But he has proven himself incompetent to do even that, preferring instead to play politics with the environment and talk about "kicking ass" and "plugging the damn hole."

The choice was not for Obama to "step in and fix the problem." No one expected that. Obama's experience with oil consists of having other people change his.

What people did expect was for him to do what he could do to make the problem better. In this case "the problem" is not the spill but the environmental damage from it. BP should be taking care of the spill since they have more expertise than Obama does.

But he has proven himself incompetent to do even that, preferring instead to play politics with the environment and talk about "kicking ass" and "plugging the damn hole."

Some of these folks are just fishing for a particular answer, so any answer we give won't be good enough.

They want us to say that Obama has all of the answers. The fact is Obama needs to at least make an effort to find someone who does. He's talking to fishermen and everyone else but he's not really trying to find solutions.....just look like he cares.

Looking like you care isn't gonna plug that God Damned hole.

Last edited:

Some of these folks are just fishing for a particular answer, so any answer we give won't be good enough.

They want us to say that Obama has all of the answers. The fact is Obama needs to at least make an effort to find someone who does. He's talking to fishermen and everyone else but he's not really trying to find solutions.....just look like he cares.

I was actually looking for ANY answer, which nobody wanted to give. My point was that you people whine about government intruding in to our affairs and overstepping its boundaries, but as soon as there is something you don't like going on you whine that government didn't act fast enough or well enough to rectify the problem. No matter what answer you would have given, you would have been hypocrites and that's why no one had the balls to answer with a definitive yes or no without spewing on about being a community organizer or a lazy president, blah, blah.... I'm done with this thread.

I'm not your fucken friend.:hmpf:

I'm trying to discuss this in a reasonable manner...not throw around insults.

For everyone else who isn't into insults....

It's simple....talk to everyone involved immediately....find out from the horses mouth what the deal is....then get with experts to see if the CEO is full of shit.

Obama didn't even bother to do this.

Obama doesn't know what to do....this is painfully obvious.

We already know Hayward is full of shit, and BP has been bullshitting us from the start. Why, my fucked up ex-friend, do we need the president to confirm something we already know?

I was actually looking for ANY answer, which nobody wanted to give. My point was that you people whine about government intruding in to our affairs and overstepping its boundaries, but as soon as there is something you don't like going on you whine that government didn't act fast enough or well enough to rectify the problem. No matter what answer you would have given, you would have been hypocrites and that's why no one had the balls to answer with a definitive yes or no without spewing on about being a community organizer or a lazy president, blah, blah.... I'm done with this thread.

I just gave you an answer you pathetic moron.

Once again you totally ignored it.

And you acted exactly the way I stated in post #32....by saying that it didn't matter what our answer was.

Fucken dumbass.

What's the difference?

You seem to think that we would criticize him regardless of what he does.......the problem being is he's always doing the wrong thing.

No it's not reasonable. The administration has a Justice Department that is charged with enforcing the law and investigatiing possible criminal wrongdoing under federal jurisdiction.

There is no opportunity cost in the JD pursuing a criminal investigation NOW. That is the JOB of the JD.

This is just another crackpot rightwing anti-Obama talking point to claim that it's wrong for an investigation to begin.

I just gave you an answer you pathetic moron.

Once again you totally ignored it.

And you acted exactly the way I stated in post #32....by saying that it didn't matter what our answer was.

Fucken dumbass.

Using insults now, not surprised. I figured it would degrade to that soon enough.

You answered my question with a simple yes or no like I asked? Which post exactly was that? I'll wait.

I thought you were done trolling this thread. So are you done trolling or not? Just a simple yes or no.

Environment and natural / man-made disasters are his job. It's not the question of size of the government.

What's the difference?

No it's not reasonable. The administration has a Justice Department that is charged with enforcing the law and investigatiing possible criminal wrongdoing under federal jurisdiction.

There is no opportunity cost in the JD pursuing a criminal investigation NOW. That is the JOB of the JD.

This is just another crackpot rightwing anti-Obama talking point to claim that it's wrong for an investigation to begin.

Sorry but that doesn't wash.

This is something you do after all is said and done...not during the fucken crisis.

Forum List

Back