This is just disgusting.

[1] ... I never said Catholics weren't liberals, I said Catholic Priests weren't liberal. Show me some Catholic Priests with the blessing of the Vatican that advocates same sex marriage, abortion, or other lefty stances and I'll recant.

[2] ... you did imply that there was a correlation between liberalism and pedophilia:

But I'm glad to see you backing away from your comments as originally stated.

1. Many Catholics, priests included, vote with the Democrat party. They may not support those issues in theory, but as a practical matter they do.

2. Nice try, but as I was leading up to my attack on Hollywood, no backing up, as you say, is required.

There is an organization of Republicans called the “Log Cabin Republicans” that condone homosexual relationships. Therefore Republicans support gay marriage. That is practically the same type of logic demonstrated here. There is a small organization called NAMBLA. It consists of liberals. This does not mean that liberals, as a whole, support people having sex with children.

Then why does the ACLU defend their right to exist?

Nice try, but as I was leading up to my attack on Hollywood, no backing up, as you say, is required.
LOL. Sure man. So you usually lead in with a couple of slippery slopes about liberalism before you break in on rants about Hollywood. I'll make a mental note of that for the future. Forgive me, I'm new here. :)

There's no correlation with pedophilia and liberalism. Pedophilia occurs irregardless of political leanings or affiliations and Foley and some Catholic priests are just one of many examples of conservatives to point to. Hold up, you're seriously not going to sit there with a straight face and state that Catholic priests are liberals now are you?

Foley hasnt committed any pedophilia. He isnt even alleged to have had sex with anyone. He has only been accused of inapproriate emails with young men well over the age of consent. You can't commit pedophilia without having children or without having sex.

I mean I completely understand why the Democrats want to make people think he is guilty of pedophilia. But it hasnt been alleged. And what he did do is bad enough without people trying to claim he has done more.

And yes I can say many catholic priests are liberal. just because you are a priest doesnt mean you cant differ on political viewpoints.

Regardless, your argument is completely irrelevant to the discussion of liberals being lenient on crime.

Stock line time for YOU:

A public-school teachers is more over thirty times more likely to be a pedophile than a Catholic priest.

Not that that's relevant to this particular case, either. This judge is known for his, uhhhhh......leiniancey toward the accused. And this:

The judge said he did not believe the woman posed a danger to the public and was unlikely to repeat the actions, according to court documents.

If this "mother" is capable of treating her own child like this, she has to be a danger to the public.

And she did repeat this over two hundred times, what's one more?

And yes I can say many catholic priests are liberal. just because you are a priest doesnt mean you cant differ on political viewpoints.
Well if anyone here shared your view that "many Catholic Priests are liberal" the masses on this board would most likely be attacking the Vatican for it's "liberal" influence.

Regardless, your argument is completely irrelevant to the discussion of liberals being lenient on crime.
My comments were in reference to glockmail's logical fallacy that liberalism leads to sex with children. It's a ridiculous comment (no offense glock.) But if you want to moderate and keep the thread on topic then you'd do better going after the people who make those claims rather than the people who respond to them.

[1]Well if anyone here shared your view that "many Catholic Priests are liberal" the masses on this board would most likely be attacking the Vatican for it's "liberal" influence.

[2]My comments were in reference to glockmail's logical fallacy that liberalism leads to sex with children. It's a ridiculous comment (no offense glock.) But if you want to moderate and keep the thread on topic then you'd do better going after the people who make those claims rather than the people who respond to them.

1. If you broke it down into fiscal liberals and social liberals you would understand the Catholic perspective better.
2. It may seem ridiculous to you, but taken to its logical extreme, social liberalism means sex with anyone, any time, anywhere.

LOL. Sure man. So you usually lead in with a couple of slippery slopes about liberalism before you break in on rants about Hollywood. I'll make a mental note of that for the future. Forgive me, I'm new here. :)

1. If you broke it down into fiscal liberals and social liberals you would understand the Catholic perspective better.
2. It may seem ridiculous to you, but taken to its logical extreme, social liberalism means sex with anyone, any time, anywhere.
No. The only way the liberal charges even remotely work is if you placed it unto a totalitarianism v anarchism spectrum. We both know you were implying that liberalism, not anarchism, leads to sex with children.

The logical extreme of social liberalism is anarchy.
Oh so when you say that liberalism leads to sex with children you're only talking about the most extreme cases of cultural liberalism and anarchism. :rolleyes: That's hardly reflective of liberalism, in general, or "Hollywood."

It is the logical conclusion to the Progressive movement.

The logical progression of the capitalist movement leads to monopoly as the stronger and bigger establishments eat up the weaker establishments. As my Dad often cautioned me – please use moderation.

The logical progression of the capitalist movement leads to monopoly as the stronger and bigger establishments eat up the weaker establishments. As my Dad often cautioned me – please use moderation.

Wrong. Capitalism always fosters competition. Monopolies can't survive without government assistance, by outlawing competition.

Wrong. Capitalism always fosters competition. Monopolies can't survive without government assistance, by outlawing competition.

Sell it to the little mom and pop stores run over by Wal-Mart. Sometimes, without some government assistance, some start-up guppie stores can’t even get one year to live without being swallowed by giant killer whales.

Sell it to the little mom and pop stores run over by Wal-Mart. Sometimes, without some government assistance, some start-up guppie stores can’t even get one year to live without being swallowed by giant killer whales.

Why---because people won't shop at mom and pop stores ?

Mom and Pop stores might not survive Wal-Mart. But to concentrate solely on them and to ignore the proven "Wal-Mart effect" in the area is to not consider the entire picture.

When a Wal-Mart comes in a few small stores close. People rant and rave. And then something else happens. Shopping centers and open-air malls form up around the Wal-Mart. Chain and non-chain restaurants open around the Wal-Mart. Small specialty stores that would never stand a chance on their own open next store and enjoy and profit from the huge numbers of Wal-Mart customers that wander into their stores on their way to or from Wal-Mart.

Often run-down areas are completely revitalized by the Wal-Mart's presence.

Mom and Pop's hardware store can not compete - they have to sell their hammers for $10.00 when Wal-Mart can sell it for $3.50. However, Mom and Pop can open a restaurant, a card and gift shop, a pet store, a record shop, a shoe store, and on and on, because they can get customers on their way to Wal-Mart to stop in - when before they would have never been able to get that many customers.

Mom and Pop stores might not survive Wal-Mart. But to concentrate solely on them and to ignore the proven "Wal-Mart effect" in the area is to not consider the entire picture.

When a Wal-Mart comes in a few small stores close. People rant and rave. And then something else happens. Shopping centers and open-air malls form up around the Wal-Mart. Chain and non-chain restaurants open around the Wal-Mart. Small specialty stores that would never stand a chance on their own open next store and enjoy and profit from the huge numbers of Wal-Mart customers that wander into their stores on their way to or from Wal-Mart.

Often run-down areas are completely revitalized by the Wal-Mart's presence.

Mom and Pop's hardware store can not compete - they have to sell their hammers for $10.00 when Wal-Mart can sell it for $3.50. However, Mom and Pop can open a restaurant, a card and gift shop, a pet store, a record shop, a shoe store, and on and on, because they can get customers on their way to Wal-Mart to stop in - when before they would have never been able to get that many customers.

Exactly! The effects of a Walmart on small, rural towns is profound. More recently though, Walmarts have been opening in suburban and even some city locations. In suburban areas around here, where competition is fierce, there seems to have been little impact by the opening of 2 Walmarts and 2 Super Walmarts, in 4 suburbs over the past 10 years or so. (less than a 12 mile radius). If their coming had an impact, it's been negligible-stores open and close around here, regularly. They were built into shopping corridors, they did not create 'hubs' for new businesses.

In the city, it was different. Around a Walmart, just like in rural areas, there is the creation of 'new shopping/services' springing up. Starbucks, gas stations, Applebee's and Chilli's. While the stores are not going up in 'the worst areas', they are being put up in areas that service the 'worst', where a bus ride can get the residents to a low price center. A huge improvement over the small stores they had to walk to and pay gouging prices. The residents are happy, they have more choices, and places to work. Mom and Pop often just hire themselves and jr.

Forum List

Back