This is interesting....

fuzzykitten99

VIP Member
Apr 23, 2004
You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
i found this while snooping around Snopes.com

Contributions to Red Cross or other 9/11 fund
--------------------------------------------------------
Aston Martin: No information found on web site. (Aston Martin is now owned by Ford.)

Audi: Includes a press release about Audi's contribution of $100,000 to the New York Fire Fighters 9-11 Disaster Relief Fund and other fundraising efforts.
(Also see the entry for Volkswagen, as the Volkswagen Group includes Audi and Volkswagen in the United States.)

BMW: Includes press release about BMW Group's donations of $1 million in cash and ten new BMW X5 Sports Activity Vehicles to the Red Cross for national relief efforts and 100 motorcycles to the New York Police Department.

Daewoo: No information found on web site.

DaimlerChrysler: Web site says they are committng $10 million to help children who have lost parents in terrorist attacks

Fiat: No information found on web site.

Ford: Includes detailed page about Ford's participation in the National Tragedy Relief Effort, including donations of $1 million each to the Red Cross and the Salvation Army and a program for matching all individual employee contributions.

General Motors: Includes GM Response To National Tragedy detailing General Motors' many contributions to organizations assisting September 11 victims, including donations of $1 million to the American Red Cross and 50 automobiles to the New York City Fire Department.

Honda: A Honda Responds page lists contributions of $1.5 million to the United Way of New York's "September 11 Fund" and the American Red Cross.

Hyundai: The Hyundai Cares page promises a $300,000 donation to the American Red Cross.

Isuzu: No information found in Isuzu News section of web site.

Mitsubishi: Page about Contributions to Relief Efforts details Mitsubishi's contributions to September 11 programs, including $200,000 raised for the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund.

Nissan: A page on Nissan's web site announces their $1 million donation to the American Red Cross and the Twin Towers Fund plus details other forms of support the company and its employees have put forward.

Porsche: Porsche has announced it will be donating 20% of the proceeds from its Drive For Hope Cross-Country Trek to the New York Firefighters 9-11 Disaster Relief Fund.

Subaru: A Subaru in the Community page mentions that Subaru and its parent company, Fuji Heavy Industries, Ltd. in Japan, have made combined contributions of cash and equipment totalling approximately $1 million through the American Red Cross, Salvation Army, and other relief organizations.

Suzuki: Opening page includes an American flag link to a page detailing their contributions, which include matching employees' contribution of $31,000 with $31,000 of their own and donating SUVs and ATVs at Ground Zero to aid rescue workers.

Toyota: Toyota was the one automobile company that took the initiative of contacting us, even though we had not given any indication we would be writing about this topic. Their page about Toyota's Contributions to the Relief Effort details a $1 million donation to the American Red Cross and a program to match similar employee contributions.

Volvo: Opening page of web site includes link to a letter to New York mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani offering the city the use of Volvo and Mack vehicles and equipment at the Volvo Group's expense. (Volvo automotive is now owned by Ford.)

Volkswagen: Includes a press release about VW's donation of 25 vans to the New York City Fire Department and another press release about the formation of a foundation to assist victims of terrorist attacks in the United States, which will be initially funded with $2 million dollars from Volkswagen.

-------------------------------------------------

Hyundai only forked over $300k?? F-ing cheapskates! I am glad I stick with the good-ol' American Ford, Chevy, & Dodge (aka Daimler-Chrystler) who donated $1m or more, plus other stuff like vehicles and other options like employee donation matching.

Originally posted by fuzzykitten99
i found this while snooping around Snopes.com

Contributions to Red Cross or other 9/11 fund
--------------------------------------------------------
Aston Martin: No information found on web site. (Aston Martin is now owned by Ford.)

Audi: Includes a press release about Audi's contribution of $100,000 to the New York Fire Fighters 9-11 Disaster Relief Fund and other fundraising efforts.
(Also see the entry for Volkswagen, as the Volkswagen Group includes Audi and Volkswagen in the United States.)

BMW: Includes press release about BMW Group's donations of $1 million in cash and ten new BMW X5 Sports Activity Vehicles to the Red Cross for national relief efforts and 100 motorcycles to the New York Police Department.

Daewoo: No information found on web site.

DaimlerChrysler: Web site says they are committng $10 million to help children who have lost parents in terrorist attacks

Fiat: No information found on web site.

Ford: Includes detailed page about Ford's participation in the National Tragedy Relief Effort, including donations of $1 million each to the Red Cross and the Salvation Army and a program for matching all individual employee contributions.

General Motors: Includes GM Response To National Tragedy detailing General Motors' many contributions to organizations assisting September 11 victims, including donations of $1 million to the American Red Cross and 50 automobiles to the New York City Fire Department.

Honda: A Honda Responds page lists contributions of $1.5 million to the United Way of New York's "September 11 Fund" and the American Red Cross.

Hyundai: The Hyundai Cares page promises a $300,000 donation to the American Red Cross.

Isuzu: No information found in Isuzu News section of web site.

Mitsubishi: Page about Contributions to Relief Efforts details Mitsubishi's contributions to September 11 programs, including $200,000 raised for the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund.

Nissan: A page on Nissan's web site announces their $1 million donation to the American Red Cross and the Twin Towers Fund plus details other forms of support the company and its employees have put forward.

Porsche: Porsche has announced it will be donating 20% of the proceeds from its Drive For Hope Cross-Country Trek to the New York Firefighters 9-11 Disaster Relief Fund.

Subaru: A Subaru in the Community page mentions that Subaru and its parent company, Fuji Heavy Industries, Ltd. in Japan, have made combined contributions of cash and equipment totalling approximately $1 million through the American Red Cross, Salvation Army, and other relief organizations.

Suzuki: Opening page includes an American flag link to a page detailing their contributions, which include matching employees' contribution of $31,000 with $31,000 of their own and donating SUVs and ATVs at Ground Zero to aid rescue workers.

Toyota: Toyota was the one automobile company that took the initiative of contacting us, even though we had not given any indication we would be writing about this topic. Their page about Toyota's Contributions to the Relief Effort details a $1 million donation to the American Red Cross and a program to match similar employee contributions.

Volvo: Opening page of web site includes link to a letter to New York mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani offering the city the use of Volvo and Mack vehicles and equipment at the Volvo Group's expense. (Volvo automotive is now owned by Ford.)

Volkswagen: Includes a press release about VW's donation of 25 vans to the New York City Fire Department and another press release about the formation of a foundation to assist victims of terrorist attacks in the United States, which will be initially funded with $2 million dollars from Volkswagen.

-------------------------------------------------

Hyundai only forked over $300k?? F-ing cheapskates! I am glad I stick with the good-ol' American Ford, Chevy, & Dodge (aka Daimler-Chrystler) who donated $1m or more, plus other stuff like vehicles and other options like employee donation matching.

Hyundai has since gone tits up.

How much did you give?

If you want to be pissed off, get pissed off that victims' families got paid EXTREMELY well -

:-/

The money paid to those families is what pisses me off...fucking greedy bastards.

Originally posted by HGROKIT
Hyundai has since gone tits up.

You are mistaken. Hyundai did not go tits up. They bought Kia when they went tits up as well as Daewoo. Hyundai is strong and yes, they are cheap bastards.

Originally posted by -=d=-
How much did you give?

If you want to be pissed off, get pissed off that victims' families got paid EXTREMELY well -

:-/

The money paid to those families is what pisses me off...fucking greedy bastards.

Actually I gave $500 - half of my tax refund in 2002. The rest went to pay off my credit card. I COULD have spent the $$ on myself. Plus I bought the memorial stamps from the USPS.

The victims families SHOULD get paid well. What, you think they should just take the death of a friend or family member lightly? What about the income that was lost for those families who had members who were vicitms? You sound like you are jealous of the money they got. I bet that 100% of those who received money, would give it back just to have their loved ones alive again.

Actually I gave $500 - half of my tax refund in 2002. The rest went to pay off my credit card. I COULD have spent the $$ on myself. Plus I bought the memorial stamps from the USPS.

The victims families SHOULD get paid well. What, you think they should just take the death of a friend or family member lightly? What about the income that was lost for those families who had members who were vicitms? You sound like you are jealous of the money they got. I bet that 100% of those who received money, would give it back just to have their loved ones alive again.

blah - what about the income I'd lose if I died? Should my survivors sue the federal goverment because I could have made more, cept for a tragic death?

:bs:

That's what private life-insurance is for. I'm only jealous because I know of nearly a thousand servicemen, and some women, who have died in the past year; I'd wager in 95% of the cases, their families recieved $200K from the Serviceman's Group Life Insurance policies.

To say an executive making millions of dollars per year, who likely HAS millions in life insurance, should be worth MORE millions from our federal goverment is an insult to everyone who has served.

If someone who goes into the military and DOESN'T expect to get captured, injured, or die in the process then they are less than smart for signing up in the first place.

They do NOT deserve any reimbursement.

This isn't Wendy's. You don't get paid to flip burgers, you get paid to die for your country.

Originally posted by NewGuy
If someone who goes into the military and DOESN'T expect to get captured, injured, or die in the process then they are less than smart for signing up in the first place.

This isn't Wendy's. You don't get paid to flip burgers, you get paid to die for your country.

Since when do civilians get paid for dying?

bullshit - if that is the case, then the 9/11 families deserve no better that their life insurance if they had them.

That kind of mentality right there jsut pisses the hell out of me.

If you've served, then I respect your opinion even though I think it is bullshit - if you haven't, then that kind of remark is just unwarranted.

Originally posted by dilloduck
Since when do civilians get paid for dying?

That is what insurance is for. We don't fly a hammer and sickle on the flag.

bullshit - if that is the case, then the 9/11 families deserve no better that their life insurance if they had them.

That kind of mentality right there jsut pisses the hell out of me.

If you've served, then I respect your opinion even though I think it is bullshit - if you haven't, then that kind of remark is just unwarranted.

I didn't serve.

I understand your emotion on the issue. -But it comes down to this:

What is the military for?

I didn't serve.

I understand your emotion on the issue. -But it comes down to this:

What is the military for?

I did 12 1/2 years and understand perfectly what the military is for, what my responsibilies and risks were. I joinded freely and as a patriot.

Your comment regartding itelligence is what flamed my ass. You do not understand the emotion involved.

These guys going and voluntarily laying thier lives down deserves more than they are given credit for and that their families receive as a death benefit. BUT - they go anyway.

How dare you cheapen their sacrifice of the country and documents you so vigorously defend on these boards by insulting their intelligence with a comment such as "If someone who goes into the military and DOESN'T expect to get captured, injured, or die in the process then they are less than smart for signing up in the first place."

I expected more from you.

Originally posted by -=d=-
blah - what about the income I'd lose if I died? Should my survivors sue the federal goverment because I could have made more, cept for a tragic death?

:bs:

That's what private life-insurance is for. I'm only jealous because I know of nearly a thousand servicemen, and some women, who have died in the past year; I'd wager in 95% of the cases, their families recieved $200K from the Serviceman's Group Life Insurance policies.

To say an executive making millions of dollars per year, who likely HAS millions in life insurance, should be worth MORE millions from our federal goverment is an insult to everyone who has served.

the income that YOU would lose if you died? since when do you take your income with you in the ground?

Not all the people that died in 9/11 had life insurance. Not all of them were executives. You just ASS U ME that the executives were the only ones with a payout. only a few were the executives, and even then, most of the families that DID have insurance did not sue the government. If they did, then yes, shame on them. But to be jealous because they got money because a loved one DIED is just pathetic.

I did 12 1/2 years and understand perfectly what the military is for, what my responsibilies and risks were. I joinded freely and as a patriot.

Your comment regartding itelligence is what flamed my ass. You do not understand the emotion involved.

These guys going and voluntarily laying thier lives down deserves more than they are given credit for and that their families receive as a death benefit. BUT - they go anyway.

And we totally agree thus far.

How dare you cheapen their sacrifice of the country and documents you so vigorously defend on these boards by insulting their intelligence with a comment such as "If someone who goes into the military and DOESN'T expect to get captured, injured, or die in the process then they are less than smart for signing up in the first place."

I expected more from you.

1. Did you NOT know you could get injured, killed, or captured?

2. Do you expect to be monitarilly reimbursed by citizens OUTSIDE of military compensation?

3. Whose choice was it to serve?

My comment was that if anyone blindly accepts that the military is a cakewalk where they will be protected in all ways -even monitarily - from any harm, then they are fools.

You weren't one of those, were you?

We are a nation of people where we let individuals CHOOSE to serve (so far). As such, we are not required to make them millionaires for doing it.

People have the ability to look at the benefits and consequences before signing, like any other occupation.

I have never downplayed the significance of patriotism or sacrifice of military personnel.

I DO however, question the intellect of one who expects our Constitutional Republic to give them a hand out for sake of lack of responsibility in that choice.

One big reason I never served is that I DIDN'T have that sort of back up and didn't expect anyone else to shoulder that burden. I COULD have gotten life insurance, if I could have made better choices. I didn't.

The issue is knowing the details before you sign.

Expect more from me if you wish. I still maintain my patriotism. After all, I didn't see our founders wanting the newly formed United States reimbursing THEIR families.

They fought the good fight understanding the consequences BEFORE they went in.

And we totally agree thus far.

1. Did you NOT know you could get injured, killed, or captured?

2. Do you expect to be monitarilly reimbursed by citizens OUTSIDE of military compensation?

3. Whose choice was it to serve?

My comment was that if anyone blindly accepts that the military is a cakewalk where they will be protected in all ways -even monitarily - from any harm, then they are fools.

You weren't one of those, were you?

We are a nation of people where we let individuals CHOOSE to serve (so far). As such, we are not required to make them millionaires for doing it.

People have the ability to look at the benefits and consequences before signing, like any other occupation.

I have never downplayed the significance of patriotism or sacrifice of military personnel.

I DO however, question the intellect of one who expects our Constitutional Republic to give them a hand out for sake of lack of responsibility in that choice.

One big reason I never served is that I DIDN'T have that sort of back up and didn't expect anyone else to shoulder that burden. I COULD have gotten life insurance, if I could have made better choices. I didn't.

The issue is knowing the details before you sign.

Expect more from me if you wish. I still maintain my patriotism. After all, I didn't see our founders wanting the newly formed United States reimbursing THEIR families.

They fought the good fight understanding the consequences BEFORE they went in.

You missed the point and the rest of your rhetoricals are only inflammatory.

It is your wording in your original response to the post that was just plain wrong/insensitive or whatever you want to call it. Even the most bacward backwood or backwater kid knows what he is getting into when he answers the call to serve.

I am done with this.

No, you get paid to make sure the other son of a bitch dies for his country/cause/belief.

the income that YOU would lose if you died? since when do you take your income with you in the ground?

Not all the people that died in 9/11 had life insurance. Not all of them were executives. You just ASS U ME that the executives were the only ones with a payout. only a few were the executives, and even then, most of the families that DID have insurance did not sue the government. If they did, then yes, shame on them. But to be jealous because they got money because a loved one DIED is just pathetic.

Why are you getting bitchy?

I used 'executives' as an 'EX AM PLE'.

As if to a child - hope this works:

"Sometimes people die - some methods of dying are more 'tragic' due to the circumstances. Responsible adults carry something called 'Life Insurance' - which in reality is 'death insurance'. They pay a monthly premium, so when they die, their surviving relatives or friends recieve a cash payment to help them cope. Because I am the head of my household, and provide ALL the income, my insurance is of a greater value than my wife's. Those people who died in the 11 Sep attacks recieved HUGE amounts, on TOP of that insurance because of the circumstances of their deaths. My point is (Get ready, I'll use small words):

The men and women who volunteer to die, if need be, for their country get no special financial treatment from our government. The surviving relatives of those killed in the 11 september attacks got HUGE payouts, based, at least in part, on the 'future potential earnings' of their loved ones. Not paid by any financial institution - but by our FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

To ME, that is bullshit."

Do you understand?

Now you are resorting to personal attacks and insults? You virtually call me stupid with this line:
"As if to a child - hope this works:"

When you do this, you lose all credibility because you look despirate. Despiration is a stinky cologne.

Translation:

"I started getting bitchy; Instead of me owning UP to it, I use a line you made AFTER I called you an ass, and otherwise took a stinky tone...that way, I shift the focus off my bitchiness, onto you, because i can't take responsibility for what I write!"

Are you Pale Rider using another screen name? he does the same thing.

The whole idea of the the families of those killed getting money from the feds makes me sick. This is the FIRST time in history that civilians have been compensated in such a manner and it creates a BAD precident. It is BULLSHIT!

:bsflag: :poop:

Forum List

Back