This is Insane: Obama Administration gives final 'NO' to 27 Texas Refinery Permits

USArmyRetired

Rookie
May 29, 2010
This is a insane move to do this. There is no reason to reverse the permit process and this proves Obama with his tool the EPA is intending to wage war against the Petroleum sector. This move along with the drilling moritorium issued today is a telling sign that we in the Petroleum Industry are under attack by a rogue illegal Administration. This is a strictly political move.

EPA gives final "no" to Texas refinery permits: Scientific American

Leading U.S. independent refiner Valero Energy Corp faulted the decision. San Antonio-based Valero has six Texas refineries, the most owned by a single company. The plants employ 2,700 people.

"When the flex permit program was rolled out in 1994, EPA and environmental groups applauded it, and EPA approval seemed implicit," said Valero spokesman Bill Day in a statement. "Now, 16 years later, EPA is reversing course, and our facilities are caught in the middle, creating significant uncertainty at a time when our economy can least afford it".

Last edited:
This is a insane move to do this. There is no reason to reverse the permit process and this proves Obama with his tool the EPA is intending to wage war against the Petroleum sector. This move along with the drilling moritorium issued today is a telling sign that we in the Petroleum Industry are under attack by a rogue illegal Administration. This is a strictly political move.

Leading U.S. independent refiner Valero Energy Corp faulted the decision. San Antonio-based Valero has six Texas refineries, the most owned by a single company. The plants employ 2,700 people.

"When the flex permit program was rolled out in 1994, EPA and environmental groups applauded it, and EPA approval seemed implicit," said Valero spokesman Bill Day in a statement. "Now, 16 years later, EPA is reversing course, and our facilities are caught in the middle, creating significant uncertainty at a time when our economy can least afford it".

Maybe Texas should secede and then they can do what they want. Please.

And this is supposed to help the economy, how?

Increasing Uncertainty among refiners encourages the industry to raise prices.

Raising Prices will encourage inflation.

Inflation is the opposite of Depression.

By 2012, there will be a perfectly balanced economy.

Damn straight!!

I mean Obama is acting like there was some sort of unprecedented oil disaster somewhere! What's gotten into him??!!

Increasing Uncertainty among refiners encourages the industry to raise prices.

Raising Prices will encourage inflation.

Inflation is the opposite of Depression.

By 2012, there will be a perfectly balanced economy.

Yeah but most of us will not be able to afford anything because of the inflation lol

But there will be Government Cheese.

Well hell in that case sign me up.

This is some BS. More reactionary leading from Obama. so how much is gas going to be now?

Damn straight!!

I mean Obama is acting like there was some sort of unprecedented oil disaster somewhere! What's gotten into him??!!
What do Refineries have to do will a oil mishap in the gulf?

Damn straight!!

What do Refineries have to do will a oil mishap in the gulf?

Actually I think he is using a Refinery explosion as his reason. An explosion that had little lasting effect on environment.

If people do not see that Obama is at war with the Oil Industry and Business as a whole by now, I don't think they ever will.

Yeah but most of us will not be able to afford anything because of the inflation lol

This is some BS. More reactionary leading from Obama. so how much is gas going to be now?

I suppose Valero could close the refineries for a month or so to make the EPA happy, then we could find out how much gasoline prices increase when about 25% of the nation's supply disappears.:eusa_whistle:

Three years ago these plants were formally warned by the Bush administration that they were in violation of federal law. You can google the particulars if you care. This is not some big surprise. An oil-friendly administration was serving notice on them. That should tell you something.

Three years ago these plants were formally warned by the Bush administration that they were in violation of federal law. You can google the particulars if you care. This is not some big surprise. An oil-friendly administration was serving notice on them. That should tell you something.

It tells me that Obama is willing to shut down a large percentage of refining capacity over a technicality, throwing thousands out of work.
No doubt he will blame Bush for all of it.

I suppose Valero could close the refineries for a month or so to make the EPA happy, then we could find out how much gasoline prices increase when about 25% of the nation's supply disappears.:eusa_whistle:
Typical CON$ervoFascist dishonest BS.

From the link:

The 27 refineries in Texas will continue to operate as EPA weighs changes the Texas commission has proposed to flexible permit rules.

It tells me that Obama is willing to shut down a large percentage of refining capacity over a technicality, throwing thousands out of work.

Yeah, like why bother to actually read the article and maybe find out the facts? Guess you missed that part that says the plants are being allowed to continue operations while the permitting process is revised. Sheesh, don't let the truth get in the way of inventing yourself some good lies.

Typical CON$ervoFascist dishonest BS.

From the link:

The 27 refineries in Texas will continue to operate as EPA weighs changes the Texas commission has proposed to flexible permit rules.

I said Valero could close the refineries

I didn't say they must close the refineries.

But I do appreciate the knee-jerk lableing as a CON$ervoFascist.

Forum List

Back