This is how

bigdaddygtr

Aug 28, 2008
you deal with a region of the world that has been fighting for 1300 years. You don't walk in with so much Cowboy arrogance and start dictating terms like some people here want to, you respect what is not your and you take a strong, yet respectful, diplomatic approach to a region that ISNT YOURS!

And yep, already know what some of the righties are gonna say, "you don't talk to terrorists, you're such a pussy, they should do what we tell them, etc etc."

By the way, how's that approached worked out for us???

'Americans are not your enemy,' Obama tells Muslims - CNN.com

After 9-11 I liked the cowboy's approach. Maybe after the next attack you will wake the hell up, that's a big maybe cause I doubt it seriously. DUmmie

Oh my, this kind of stuff kills me. They act as if Obama is the first one to say this and/or try this. It didn't work for the others and it is not going to work now. There first has to be a willingness to heal the problems in that 'region' before it will happen. It has to come from within the region first.

I wish Obama the most success with his efforts and I hope that for some reason fractions do choose to listen to him, but history tells us to not get too excited.

you deal with a region of the world that has been fighting for 1300 years. You don't walk in with so much Cowboy arrogance and start dictating terms like some people here want to, you respect what is not your and you take a strong, yet respectful, diplomatic approach to a region that ISNT YOURS!

And yep, already know what some of the righties are gonna say, "you don't talk to terrorists, you're such a pussy, they should do what we tell them, etc etc."

Please go and negotiate with the Taliban for us and best of luck.

we worked with them ok when we were playing our little proxy thing with the soviets.

Seriously? Part of me agrees with you. But part of me thinks they have a price.... the question is, what is the price?

After 9-11 I liked the cowboy's approach. Maybe after the next attack you will wake the hell up, that's a big maybe cause I doubt it seriously. DUmmie

Had the 'cowboy' done a real approach and gotten Bin Laden, another attack would be far less likely.

Talking points. Talking points. Here's another one. They tried to give BinLaden to Clinton on a silver platter. He turned them down! Hello!

we worked with them ok when we were playing our little proxy thing with the soviets.

Seriously? Part of me agrees with you. But part of me thinks they have a price.... the question is, what is the price?

Good point--as far as I know they never ask for anything but to be left alone but they refuse to reciprocate.

Let's see, let me see if I understand this... the middle east has been fighting and killing each other for a couple thousand years, but you say DO NOT go in and fight them as they fight. We should walk in under the assumption that if we TALK to them, they'll just all lay down their arms, give us a group huge and start singing Kumbaya.... when FIGHTING is all they understand... OK... you want to tell me again HOW that's going to work? :cuckoo:

America cannot fix this.

Until both sets of people of that region grow weary of their continuous war, the war will continue.

Does Isreal have a right to exist?

Hell yes, they fought for that right and they won it.

Does Palestine have the right to exist?

They do as long as they keep fighting for it.

And after 50 years, it looks like they're not going to quit either.

One of the things BOTH PEOPLE have to recognize is that the OTHER GROUP has its back to the wall, just as they do.

NEITHER can just give up.

So until they both recognize that they are both facing an intractable people with no alternative but to fight for their right to exist, neither of those peoples are going to find peace.

We can argue about the morality of this. We can delve into history if we choose to decide which people got screwed worse or first or whatever...but that's basically no longer relevant to the issue.

The issue is that both people have the right to exist and neither people can simply abandon the field because THEY HAVE NO PLACE TO GO.

The price unfortunately would seem for all too many (and one would be too many) a cathartic shock.

Get Bin Laden? Everyone would like to get their hands on Osama bin Laden but that would require either A) we get damn lucky with a predator the next time he sticks his head out of his cave, or B) we launch a full scale invasion of Northern Pakistan which has nuclear weapons.

We are not your enemies... Yeah Bush only said that about a million times.

Had the 'cowboy' done a real approach and gotten Bin Laden, another attack would be far less likely.

Talking points. Talking points. Here's another one. They tried to give BinLaden to Clinton on a silver platter. He turned them down! Hello!

Bullshit, and you know it. The Special Forces in Tora Bora were begging to go in and get Bin Laden. They did not get permission, Bush depended on Afghan Warlords, and Bin Laden is alive and free today. The people that attacked us on Clinton's watch are spending the rest of their lives in prison.

Obama's mistake and I will give him props for at least trying, his mistake is that he believes these animals, the Taliban, Al Queda, Hamas, Jihad, et. all are rational, reasonable people who have a grievance that they want a public forum to air in.

They're not. We did not go on the air during World War 2 and tell the Japanese people "We're your friends." We nuked them instead.

Never fucked with us again.

Bullshit, and you know it. The Special Forces in Tora Bora were begging to go in and get Bin Laden. They did not get permission, Bush depended on Afghan Warlords, and Bin Laden is alive and free today. The people that attacked us on Clinton's watch are spending the rest of their lives in prison.

Billboard had him in the crosshairs another time and would not take the shot. So, that's two for Billboard.

the way you deal with people who have been fighting for 1300 years is you leave them the fuck alone to kill each other and then you either deal with the winners or you take the winners out if they threaten you.

Obama's mistake and I will give him props for at least trying, his mistake is that he believes these animals, the Taliban, Al Queda, Hamas, Jihad, et. all are rational, reasonable people who have a grievance that they want a public forum to air in.

They're not. We did not go on the air during World War 2 and tell the Japanese people "We're your friends." We nuked them instead.

Never fucked with us again.

Let's face it---there are not a lot of hearts or minds over there to win over.

The price unfortunately would seem for all too many (and one would be too many) a cathartic shock.

Get Bin Laden? Everyone would like to get their hands on Osama bin Laden but that would require either A) we get damn lucky with a predator the next time he sticks his head out of his cave, or B) we launch a full scale invasion of Northern Pakistan which has nuclear weapons.

We are not your enemies... Yeah Bush only said that about a million times.

I don't know who fed the liberals the line, "If only Bush had gotten BinLaden we would have conquered terrorism" Maybe it was Bill Clinton. Yathink?

Their price is conversion and submission.

Forum List

Back