This is how you know that nobody in that room forgot what vulgarity Trump uttered.

Just as I grew up in the era where, as Carlin noted, one would have been been slapped or beaten "into next week" were one to have used such language in politie company or in a serious setting, so it was for every person in that room.

You know as well as I do that nobody, most especially not a POTUS, utters a word that is considered vulgar and everyone within earshot does not bristile or somehow notice precisely what was said. Hell, a very reason for using such words is to emphasize in the most brusque way possible ones idea(s). Not only is one's idea stressed by using such language, so too is the fact that one used such language.

And, no, I don't have a problem with Trump's specific choice to say sh*t "whatever." I am taking exception with these people who are attempting to convince the American public that they don't recall what Trump said. Their not recalling that, how and why Trump used the language he did is no more so than is Man in the Moon." Their saying they don't recall is to condescend that the American people are stupid enough to believe they don't remember.

I respect when people don’t remember something, because often people remember things that never happened.

There're all sorts of things one can and does forget. That one's "CEO" in a meeting, roughly one akin to a board meeting or executive committee meeting, specifically calling someone, a place, or something as a "sh*thole," "sh*thead," etc. isn't among the things I or you would, in less than a week, forget. One might forget that someone muttered or uttered "sh*t" as an interjection/exclamation, but not that they explicitly called someone one of the terms I noted in the prior sentence.

And really, is there any doubt that the man who said "grab them by the p*ssy" would use the word "sh*thole?" Come on....

Oh, I believe Trump probably uses profanity often in his meetings. I also believe there were probably many “big f’ing deals” discussed in Obama’s presidential meetings. Believe me, cussing like sailors is commonplace in many boardrooms.

That being said, if ten different people attend @ meeting, there will be ten different recollections of what transpired during that meeting.

You OP is that no one did not recall that he said it, not that he didn’t say it.

That's true, and I don't for a minute believe that in the time between when he said it and yesterday anyone who was in that meeting forgot that he said it or didn't hear him say it.

You may very well be correct. As someone who was not in the room to be aware of all the conditions of the meeting, I don’t know.

I respect when people don’t remember something, because often people remember things that never happened.

There're all sorts of things one can and does forget. That one's "CEO" in a meeting, roughly one akin to a board meeting or executive committee meeting, specifically calling someone, a place, or something as a "sh*thole," "sh*thead," etc. isn't among the things I or you would, in less than a week, forget. One might forget that someone muttered or uttered "sh*t" as an interjection/exclamation, but not that they explicitly called someone one of the terms I noted in the prior sentence.

And really, is there any doubt that the man who said "grab them by the p*ssy" would use the word "sh*thole?" Come on....

Oh, I believe Trump probably uses profanity often in his meetings. I also believe there were probably many “big f’ing deals” discussed in Obama’s presidential meetings. Believe me, cussing like sailors is commonplace in many boardrooms.

That being said, if ten different people attend @ meeting, there will be ten different recollections of what transpired during that meeting.

You OP is that no one did not recall that he said it, not that he didn’t say it.

That's true, and I don't for a minute believe that in the time between when he said it and yesterday anyone who was in that meeting forgot that he said it or didn't hear him say it.

You may very well be correct. As someone who was not in the room to be aware of all the conditions of the meeting, I don’t know.

I don't know either. I realize my argument is inductive.

I think that he most likely did say something very close to what was reported. Suppose he had said undeveloped countries instead of shit holes. Would his message and intent be more acceptable? Should our immigration policy prefer educated and skilled immigrants over those that are not educated and skilled?

I think that he most likely did say something very close to what was reported. Suppose he had said undeveloped countries instead of shit holes. Would his message and intent be more acceptable? Should our immigration policy prefer educated and skilled immigrants over those that are not educated and skilled?

Suppose he had said undeveloped countries instead of shit holes. Would his message and intent be more acceptable?

No. Were the language Trump used that of objectively measurable criteria such as one's skills rather than one's race/nationality/ethnicity, the nature of the discussion would be entirely different. For one thing, we wouldn't be talking about what other attendees in the meeting recall Trump having said or not said, which as you so aptly noted earlier
is the topic of the thread/my OP...

Should our immigration policy prefer educated and skilled immigrants over those that are not educated and skilled?

....And insofar as you admonished me to keep to the thread topic, which I appreciate your having done, I'm going to return the favor and say to you that my normative stance on immigration policy isn't the nature of what this thread/my OP is about. So if you want that information, you'll need create a thread of your own to obtain it. (Or if I have a existing thread wherein that is the topic, by all means, you can reply to something I said there and broach that line in it.)

....And insofar as you admonished me to keep to the thread topic, which I appreciate your having done, I'm going to return the favor and say to you that my normative stance on immigration policy isn't the nature of what this thread/my OP is about. So if you want that information, you'll need create a thread of your own to obtain it. (Or if I have a existing thread wherein that is the topic, by all means, you can reply to something I said there and broach that line in it.)

Since you responded...

I have no more to contribute to this topic.

Since you responded...

I have no more to contribute to this topic.
TY. I don't either.

"It's people like you who helped put this guy in the White House."

He'll never get that.
The majority of the voting population of the US voted for Hillary Clinton by 3 million votes ...We the People rejected the moron
The President of the United States isn't elected by the popular vote.
elected by what Trump calls a corrupt system...we the People are not into Trump chump

The Constitution isn't corrupt. Some of the people that twist it are corrupt. The electoral college isn't corrupt.

you want to see what Trump thinks of it LOL
Screen-shot-2016-11-10-at-9.57.16-AM.png

Being a disaster for democracy is the beauty of the Electoral College. We don't want a majority of morons deciding who is our President.

Forum List

Back