Ever heard of the saying "You have to fight fire with fire"?

Yeah, it's an idiotic statement... You fight fire with water.

The real problem is, of course, would be a discussion about who "started" the fire.

I would say it was us, when we tried to pick up where the Europeans left off in colonizing the middle east and then being all surprised they weren't cool with that.

Again- our Middle East Policy is sticking our dicks in a hornet's nest and wondering why we get stung.

When we aren't giving certain hornets a dose of steroids - Bin Laden and Saddam were both guys the CIA thought we could "Work with'.

That was our foreign policy under FDR and it resulted in Adolf Hitler's Nazis dominating the world and Japan bombing the begeezus out of us at Pearl Harbor.

Not really. while I do think isolationism is a bad idea, FDR was hardly isolationist, as he was actively aiding both China and Great Britain prior to America's entry into the war.
Poodle....we've already proven that you either have zero knowledge of U.S. history or you insist on lying about it. Either way, nobody takes your absurd posts seriously. FDR completely ignored WWII. He refused to get involved. Winston Churchill begged that idiot FDR to get involved - and like all cowardly Dumbocrats, he felt that the best solution to a threat is to ignore the threat and hope it goes away. It didn't. It resulted in Pearl Harbor. As is always the case when Dumbocrats are in charge, it cost many more military lives than was necessary.

Anyone who believes that "minding your own business" ingratiates them to vicious maniacs is a genuine moron. Our foreign policy needs to be "an ounce of prevention is worth 400 million pounds of cure". You stop an Adolf Hitler during his rise to power - not after he has marched through all of Europe.
And how do you do that, exactly, Poodle?
It's this thing you lack poodle - it's called "common sense". You actually listen to their words and then you actually watch what they do. And when you see that they are a mad man - you prevent them from taking power in the first place (which is literally exponentially easier than trying to stop an Adolf Hitler after he has marched half way around the world). We've done it hundreds of times throughout history and have been very successful at it.

Anyone who believes that "minding your own business" ingratiates them to vicious maniacs is a genuine moron. Our foreign policy needs to be "an ounce of prevention is worth 400 million pounds of cure". You stop an Adolf Hitler during his rise to power - not after he has marched through all of Europe.
And how do you do that, exactly, Poodle?
It's this thing you lack poodle - it's called "common sense". You actually listen to their words and then you actually watch what they do. And when you see that they are a mad man - you prevent them from taking power in the first place (which is literally exponentially easier than trying to stop an Adolf Hitler after he has marched half way around the world). We've done it hundreds of times throughout history and have been very successful at it.

And how do you do that, exactly, Poodle? First you'd have to be able to tell who Hitler is. We obviously can't even do that in our own country, given who just got elected.
Clearly we can identify who the next Hitler is. We just stopped her here in America. There was a reason she was dubbed "Hitlery". We stopped her. You continue to defeat your own argument.

secondly, you start interfering in other countries internal affairs, pretty soon you own their problems.
This one little sentence here perfectly illustrates the profound ignorance of the immature idealist poodle we call "JoeB". Poodle, we ended up "owning" WWII anyway. FDR left tens of millions to die and in the end, they bombed the bejeezus out of us at Pearl Harbor. Because....as conservatives well know and you idiot left-wing hatriot monkeys haven't figured out yet....you cannot ingratiate yourself to maniacs. You continue to take stupidity to unprecedented levels.

Again- Bin Laden was a guy we thought we could work with. Care to review how those turned out again.
Bin Laden worked out fantastic. It ended with the collapse of the U.S.S.R. Unrelated to our dealings with the U.S.S.R. - Afghan war, Bin Laden lost his mind when our boots hit the ground in Saudi Arabia at the invite of Saudi leaders. Which further proves there is no reasoning or ingratiating one's self with maniacs. And it is why the "hide your head in the sand like a coward" hatriot approach always ends in more deaths.

You indicated that you'd like to see us do the same thing the russians did back in the 1980's.

Oh, incidentally, they didn't.

The story is at best, sketchy, having come from the Jerusalem post...

????

I know that you're a Nazi, but that doesn't make the JP unreliable.

Your hatred of JOOOOOOZZZZZZZ has nothing to do with the veracity of the tale, Stalin.

Even if the Russians did such things, such behavior is abhorrent to Americans and their values.
Yes, our values are to let terrorists kill whom ever they wish, and then blame Trump.
Focus, please. You don't agree with the Russians' practices?
If someone kidnapped one of my loved ones, I wouldn't think twice about doing the same to them. To get my loved one back. You would just let your loved one die?
Kill the members of the bad guys' families? Decimate neighborhoods? Schools?

OK, you insist you would have made a good Stalinist.
I would do what it took to get them back. Decimate neighborhoods, schools? Where did I say that? I said I wouldn't think twice about grabbing up one of their loved ones to get mine back. I guess you would let yours just die?

Leftards don't give a shit about their alleged *loved ones*. They're primary characteristic is cowardice. As long as their own worthless hide is safe and warm, they could give a shit. They're fine with other people dying for their stupid ideologies.

Saddam was a guy we thought we could work with. Care to review how those turned out again.
Another sentence, another lie from poodle. Saddam was not a guy we thought we could work with. Saddam was simply an "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". And it worked damn well too. He kept Iran tied up while we were polishing off the Soviets and the Cold War. Once that was over, we immediately turned our attention on him in the early 90's.

Then America made the mistake of placing yet another Dumbocrat in office who allowed Bin Laden to run wild. Who refused to deal with him and felt that placing his head in the sand and appeasing evil is the best way to ingratiate one's self to evil. As always, we know exactly how that turned out. So America went back to a Republican who removed Saddam from power, captured him, and turned him over to the Iraqi's for execution while simultaneously taking down the Taliban and Al Qaeda and eventually leading to the assassination of Bin Laden.

You indicated that you'd like to see us do the same thing the russians did back in the 1980's.

Perhaps.

But, if true, then "it's the thought that counts": :)

"Knock over two of our buildings, we knock over two of your countries."

A 100-to-1 Kill Ratio, in our favor, is eminently fair.

We make the Rooooskies look like pikers by comparison.

Oh, the story is plenty factual, JoeB Stalin is just another leftist JOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hater. Anything from Israel is attacked by the little Nazi fuck.

????

I know that you're a Nazi, but that doesn't make the JP unreliable.

Your hatred of JOOOOOOZZZZZZZ has nothing to do with the veracity of the tale, Stalin.
Not to mention that the story was thoroughly covered around the world by everyone from the AP to the UPI and more. And Joey always claims he was alive back in the 1980's. I doubt that since he seems to be completely oblivious to everything that happened during that era.

Focus, please. You don't agree with the Russians' practices?
If someone kidnapped one of my loved ones, I wouldn't think twice about doing the same to them. To get my loved one back. You would just let your loved one die?

I would do what it took to get them back. Decimate neighborhoods, schools? Where did I say that? I said I wouldn't think twice about grabbing up one of their loved ones to get mine back. I guess you would let yours just die?

Leftards don't give a shit about their alleged *loved ones*. They're primary characteristic is cowardice. As long as their own worthless hide is safe and warm, they could give a shit. They're fine with other people dying for their stupid ideologies.
Says Ms Stalinist herself. You preach Christianity but serve the other side.
An eye for an eye.

we've already proven that you either have zero knowledge of U.S. history or you insist on lying about it. Either way, nobody takes your absurd posts seriously. FDR completely ignored WWII. He refused to get involved.

ooh, Poodle. This is what happens when you learn your history at a school where they teach Ayn Rand and Talking Snakes.

Lend-Lease Act - World War II - HISTORY.com

United States freezes Japanese assets - Jul 26, 1941 - HISTORY.com

Events leading to the attack on Pearl Harbor - Wikipedia

We spent a lot of effort trying to frustrate Japanese and German War aims without getting directly involved in the war. That's why they attacked us.

Bin Laden worked out fantastic. It ended with the collapse of the U.S.S.R. Unrelated to our dealings with the U.S.S.R. - Afghan war, Bin Laden lost his mind when our boots hit the ground in Saudi Arabia at the invite of Saudi leaders.

Well, no, he didn't "lose his mind". He had the same mind he always had. One that hated non-Muslims, Western ideas, sexual equality and all those other crazy things that happened after the Enlightenment.

Of course, the fact that we encouraged the building of an Army of nuts in Afghanistan had nothing to do with the USSR breaking up. (That had more to do with the fact the Russians really didn't want to keep an Empire when they couldn't put potatoes on the table spending 25% of their GDP on the military.)

Which further proves there is no reasoning or ingratiating one's self with maniacs. And it is why the "hide your head in the sand like a coward" hatriot approach always ends in more deaths.

No, it proves that you don't arm maniacs and then be all surprised when they turn on you. But all the way back to the Mexican American War, nearly every war we fought was against someone we 'thought we could do business with". And then we act all surprised when they bite us in the ass.

Another sentence, another lie from poodle. Saddam was not a guy we thought we could work with. Saddam was simply an "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". And it worked damn well too. He kept Iran tied up while we were polishing off the Soviets and the Cold War. Once that was over, we immediately turned our attention on him in the early 90's.

What are you 15?

Iran wasn't our enemy. they were just some people who were sick and tired of an asshole we put in charge of their country.

Exclusive: CIA Files Prove America Helped Saddam as He Gassed Iran

In 1988, during the waning days of Iraq’s war with Iran, the United States learned through satellite imagery that Iran was about to gain a major strategic advantage by exploiting a hole in Iraqi defenses. U.S. intelligence officials conveyed the location of the Iranian troops to Iraq, fully aware that Hussein’s military would attack with chemical weapons, including sarin, a lethal nerve agent.

Again, given that you've never spent a day in uniform in your life, you are pretty keen about getting us into wars that have nothing to do with us.

Then America made the mistake of placing yet another Dumbocrat in office who allowed Bin Laden to run wild. Who refused to deal with him and felt that placing his head in the sand and appeasing evil is the best way to ingratiate one's self to evil.

Funny, i seem to remember it differently, but I wasn't in Short Pants like you were at the time.

I remember Clinton tried to deal with Bin Laden and REpublicans accused him of "Wagging the Dog".

FLASHBACK: Conservative Lawmakers Decried Clinton’s Attacks Against Osama As ‘Wag the Dog’

Originating from a 1997 movie, Wag the Dog was a phrase used by the right to suggest Clinton’s airstrikes were driven by ulterior motives in an effort to distract the public. Some examples below:

Rep. Jim Gibbons (R-NV):

“’Look at the movie Wag the Dog. I think this has all the elements of that movie,’ Rep. Jim Gibbons, R-Nev., said. ‘Our reaction to the embassy bombings should be based on sound credible evidence, not a knee-jerk reaction to try to direct public attention away from his personal problems.’” [Ottawa Citizen, 8/21/98]

2) No involvement in any internal or external conflict
That was our foreign policy under FDR and it resulted in Adolf Hitler's Nazis dominating the world and Japan bombing the begeezus out of us at Pearl Harbor.

Body Bags Studded With Dominoes

That's what got us stuck in Vietnam. It was sold as what would have prevented World War II if the allies had acted much earlier than 1939.

Saddam was a guy we thought we could work with. Care to review how those turned out again.

Then America made the mistake of placing yet another Dumbocrat in office who allowed Bin Laden to run wild. Who refused to deal with him and felt that placing his head in the sand and appeasing evil is the best way to ingratiate one's self to evil. As always, we know exactly how that turned out. So America went back to a Republican who removed Saddam from power, captured him, and turned him over to the Iraqi's for execution while simultaneously taking down the Taliban and Al Qaeda and eventually leading to the assassination of Bin Laden.
Cowboy Georgie and the Oil Rustlers

The sissyboy Heirguardsman and Darth Evader called off all operations against bin Laden, thinking terrorism was a "Jew problem." All the Chickenhawks in Congress had continually mocked and stalled Clinton's actions against terrorism as "Wag the Dog." For our own security, both wings of the ruling class need to get clipped.

Says Ms Stalinist herself. You preach Christianity but serve the other side.
An eye for an eye.
Hawks Talk Tough, But Won't Make Tough Decisions

Saudi Arabia financed 9/11, which was as serious as Pearl Harbor. They should get the same punishment that Japan did, but they are protected by our petrocrats, who piggyback off the illegal cartel's price-gouging. The origin of terrorist financing was the 1973 Arab Oil Embargo, which was an act of war against America.

Forum List

Back